Home

NBA 2K18 "Real" Synergy Scouted Team Specific Playbooks - COMPLETE!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "Real" Synergy Scouted Team Specific Playbooks - COMPLETE! within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #385
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 "Real" Synergy Scouted Team Specific Playbooks - COMPLETE!

Yeah. I even tried setting the exact same settings as DLo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #386
Rookie

teknofilo's Arena

I write after testing the rosters for several weeks. the best rosters ever! I use your sliders with small changes (for my personal choice, little little things) and the game is really wonderful. Thank you so much for your work, now it's all another game! it was already beautiful, now it's fantastic! perfect statistics, perfect gameplay, perfect AI. sorry for my english .... hello from Italy. a friend of mine have ps4. is there any way to have everything there too?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #387
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cama2003
Sorry if this has beén asked and answered already.

I'm pretty new to editing playbooks.

I have the 3PT play "Quick 42 Dbl" assigned to D'Angelo Russell. I want to add it to Wayne Ellington, but no matter how I tweak it I can't seem to figure it out.
I'm not in front of the game, but I think that's a play that 'Play Initiator' is required for, so go to edit Ellington's vitals, scroll down to 'Play Initiator' and make sure it's set to 'Yes'.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #388
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
I'm not in front of the game, but I think that's a play that 'Play Initiator' is required for, so go to edit Ellington's vitals, scroll down to 'Play Initiator' and make sure it's set to 'Yes'.
No, I think Play Initiator is just for whether or not a player can be the primary ballhandler during a set play, and/or if they bring the ball up or not on inbounds.

To get that play for another player, just make sure he has that play type assigned to him.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #389
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2k18 Everything Playbooks

Vann- Do you rely on Synergy Stats or NBA.com/play types info at all to establish NBA players individual play types (ex:Low post, handoff, etc) or do you establish their priority exclusively on the actions you see within your play books?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #390
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Vann- Do you rely on Synergy Stats or NBA.com/play types info at all to establish NBA players individual play types (ex:Low post, handoff, etc) or do you establish their priority exclusively on the actions you see within your play books?
All the above... I will use synergy and nba.com as references, but ultimately it comes down to certain actions within a play type to get that certain player in a specific spot on the floor or a action he and the team use IRL...
Old 04-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #391
MVP

Vann, and anyone else honestly, I'm curious: What do you do with the individual team Run Plays sliders? Do you tend to keep it closer to 0, 100, or in between?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 10:45 PM   #392
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Vann, and anyone else honestly, I'm curious: What do you do with the individual team Run Plays sliders? Do you tend to keep it closer to 0, 100, or in between?
I go 95-99 for most all teams because of how I did the playbooks. But for teams with great freelances I give more leeway. Teams like the Blazers with Flow, Heat with Pace & Space, Cavs, Jazz, & Warriors. I believe I went around 80 at the lowest and even for a team with Rockets with their perimeter 4 out 1 in high PNR. Tying in the coaching slider helps too with balance depending on team but needs to be tested in game to see if it works. For example putting play through star works with some teams yet not others. I accounted for it in tendency edits in some cases personally. A team like the high PNR heavy Raptors I went 99 because I made sure to go heavy in playbook with PNR as well as put their touches tendencies heavy towards Ibaka, Val who just have PNR man to get even more PNR's plus the plays have great spacing I added to act as a freelance in a sense. I did the same with the Rockets. But ultimately if tendencies done correct you could get away with lower play slider but my pet peeve with that is not all freelances are that great and some teams had wrong ones run by the CPU. I could go lower with Celtics flex as it's pretty good but they don't run it that much and even at 99 they will still run in transition as well as run quite a bit of freelance regardless but you might see it 10x a game as opposed to 20-30... Hope that makes sense but thats just what I do. Plenty of ways to go about it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »