Home

NBA 2K18 "Real" Synergy Scouted Team Specific Playbooks - COMPLETE!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 "Real" Synergy Scouted Team Specific Playbooks - COMPLETE! within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #409
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K18 "Real" Synergy Scouted Team Specific Playbooks - COMPLETE!

I meant to ask you about something.

Have you considered taking a second look at the ISO Play Type assignments?

I ask because some players are put into ISO situations due to circumstance (IRL) that doesn't translate in 2K.

For example, someone like Fox is assigned ISO plays, but we know that isn't the type of player he is. He might END UP going ISO, IRL, but he doesn't SEEK out ISO situations.

More than any other play type, I think ISO should be given on out very conservatively vs. simply going by it VIA Synergy.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #410
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I meant to ask you about something.

Have you considered taking a second look at the ISO Play Type assignments?

I ask because some players are put into ISO situations due to circumstance (IRL) that doesn't translate in 2K.

For example, someone like Fox is assigned ISO plays, but we know that isn't the type of player he is. He might END UP going ISO, IRL, but he doesn't SEEK out ISO situations.

More than any other play type, I think ISO should be given on out very conservatively vs. simply going by it VIA Synergy.
What's up man? Been awhile... For your example and to be honest I have not messed with teams like the Suns, Kings, non playoff teams playbooks or play types. Those were done at beginning of the cycle. I will definitely be revisiting them though soon. I did that as him coming in as a rookie I guess. I have been stuck in tendencies and what not and only making changes to playoff teams with updated playoff playbooks and updated play types.

As far as ISO situations you can manipulate ISO situations that get the CPU to attack more instead of spread floor ISO off a DHO or PNR through plays. Also like the example I used earlier with the Rockets with Eric Gordon, Chris Paul, & James Harden and getting them using those ISO's on the PNR or DHO switch can mimic what we see IRL. In your example with fox & Kings I could still use that ISO as long as plays coordinate with the play type and it's him attacking off DHO or PNR. Just lower his ISO tendencies though to balance it. I'm not a fan of the straight up spread the floor ISO's from top of key or wing with 4 guys flat or spread to 1 side of the floor with poor spacing, so as another example I use a floppy that has a pin down that flows into a wing ISO situation for a guy like J. Tatum.

Long story short you are right though I do need to revisit a few teams and players to accomplish the end result... Hope all is well! great work as always you do! Still love and remember all your old dribble edits! I swear it still all applies... LOL
Old 06-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #411
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
For those playing in my league or playoff mode with help defense sliders as well as coaching help defense adjustments and edits I put a new play in for a effective counter that a lot of teams run. Some teams already had it.

PNR Option Fist 15 Quick

It has Top key PNR with a pin down on the weak side at the same time, so the help "tag man" has to make a choice. You need to read the tag man... It's great for a throwback from PG and if opponents big rotates out to take SG you have the extra pass to the corner for 3 or short corner jumper... Think Spurs...
Here is a quick video breakdown of this play I described above and the options & reads out of it. This was again specifically put in for my league guys using teams defensive help defense adjustments for the CPU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS-ChVvCW7s&t=2s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #412
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Here is a quick video with 4 plays I use and a quick breakdown of the High/Low offense which can be a good way to get your stretch 4's or 5's some 3 pt attempts within it. The plays have great spacing with 4 out 1 in and allow your BIG or post player some room to go to work without a double team. If double comes it's wide open 3's all day with the spacing within the plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnDY6AlCM-w
Old 06-07-2018, 11:49 PM   #413
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Here is a quick video with 4 plays I use and a quick breakdown of the High/Low offense which can be a good way to get your stretch 4's or 5's some 3 pt attempts within it. The plays have great spacing with 4 out 1 in and allow your BIG or post player some room to go to work without a double team. If double comes it's wide open 3's all day with the spacing within the plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnDY6AlCM-w

Man these are great videos! 2k really did a nice job with giving plays multiple reads this year. Nothing better than running a play one way but seeing a possible scoring option that I can come back to later. Nice breakdowns!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #414
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Man these are great videos! 2k really did a nice job with giving plays multiple reads this year. Nothing better than running a play one way but seeing a possible scoring option that I can come back to later. Nice breakdowns!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks man! I知 not that great at the videos but glad it helps and someone gets something out of them. I知 sure if I posted these in September as opposed to June people would be more interested in them. Just dipping my toes. Lol! I could truly do 1 a day all year with these. There are some really solid plays with a multitude of options within them. I got another video with 6-8 plays in them showcasing the Celtics Playbook with the Flex & Horns flip action... I値l try and get that up this weekend. So much depth in this game though... Appreciate the feedback...
Old 06-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #415
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Thanks man! I知 not that great at the videos but glad it helps and someone gets something out of them. I知 sure if I posted these in September as opposed to June people would be more interested in them. Just dipping my toes. Lol! I could truly do 1 a day all year with these. There are some really solid plays with a multitude of options within them. I got another video with 6-8 plays in them showcasing the Celtics Playbook with the Flex & Horns flip action... I値l try and get that up this weekend. So much depth in this game though... Appreciate the feedback...
You could build a pretty big YouTube channel doing one play a day close to release tbh. Great breakdowns, its quite obvious how well you know the ins and outs of how these plays work and why they work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 01:07 AM   #416
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
You could build a pretty big YouTube channel doing one play a day close to release tbh. Great breakdowns, its quite obvious how well you know the ins and outs of how these plays work and why they work.
Thanks! Ya, I have thought about a few things and will definitely be doing something a bit different next year as far as plays and playbooks go...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »