Home

Classic Roster - Which Season Would you Play?

This is a discussion on Classic Roster - Which Season Would you Play? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Roster - Which Season Would you Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1988.html

87-88 for sure for me, have wanted to play with that in 2K for so long. 86-87 has been done in 2K so many times, 87-88 is pretty similar, but was an even better season imo, and not just cause the Mavs pushed the Lakers to 7 in the WCFs:

- Lakers and Celtics are still great, while other teams like Chicago, Utah, Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta etc. only get better to make the league more competitive
- Jordan was probably even better than the year before
- Strong rookie class to play with immediately (Scottie, Reggie, Horace Grant, KJ, Kenny Smith, Mark Jackson, Mugsy Bogues) making some teams a bit more interesting
- Great playoff series to recreate (Utah pushing LA, Dallas pushing LA, Celtics/Pistons, 7 game Finals, Bird vs Nique, Jordan vs Cleveland and the Bad Boys)

Plus the only major playing missing from 86/87 is Dr. J who could get put into the FA pool if you want to put him back on the 76ers
Done and done. Starting on it tonight.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

You just got me pumped!!!

Only questions I have is:
1. Can you put Dr J & Len Bias in the Free Agents?
2. There were 23 teams in the League at that time. What will you do for the other 7 teams?
Old 10-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
Ok, folks - I have been messing around with the roster editing options for a while now, and I think I'm ready to get started on a full season reproduction for real. However, I'm terrible at decision-making, so I haven't been able to pick the season I want to do. I also know that there are quite a few other roster makers already at work on single seasons, so I want to avoid overlap. Accordingly, I'm throwing this open to the wisdom of the crowd.

My plan is to create a full season roster with 14 players per team, accurate ratings, injuries, signatures, accessories, contracts, etc. There will be a full free agent pool with players who were actual free agents during the season (also including very recently retired players, guys who were in Europe that year, and so on). There will be at least one but hopefully more draft classes, to allow this to be suitable for franchise play over multiple seasons.

All I need now are votes on which season to use. Other roster makers are already working on 2000-2001, 1984-1985, and 1997-1998, so those are out; I've also already done 1990-91 and 1995-96 in previous years, so I'd rather avoid those. Here are the options:

1. 1986-87 (Len Bias on the Celtics!)
2. 1988-89 (the first season for the Miami Heat and Charlotte Hornets)
3. 1989-90 (the first season for the Orlando Magic and Minnesota Timberwolves)
4. 1993-94 (nothing special, but falls pretty much in the middle of what else is being created so it would give us the most coverage of all the seasons)
5. 2002-2003 (LeBron, Carmelo, and Darko in the first draft!)
6. 2004-2005 (the first season for the Charlotte Bobcats)

Whichever of these options gets the most votes by this time tomorrow is the one I will do. Please vote if you're interested; this project will be more fun if I have the sense that someone out there will actually use the roster once it's done :-)
1994-1995 Season
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »