Home

Has anyone tried doing this with P&R or Isolation play types?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried doing this with P&R or Isolation play types? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Has anyone tried doing this with P&R or Isolation play types?

I was editing the Hawks, and I didn't know what to do with Dennis Schroder's play types (and I'm sure this will probably apply to a lot of other players as well). Based on what I've seen, he's not strictly a P&R Point player; he does sometimes move off the ball before using pick-and-roll, so I wanted to give him P&R Ballhandler so he'd have both wing P&R plays and point P&R plays.

But I also noticed he tends to use pick-and-roll IRL without moving off the ball much more often. However, giving him P&R Ballhandler more or less makes it a balance between the two. The thought just occurred to me to give him P&R Point as his first play type, and then P&R Wing as his second play type.

Theoretically, I think, the same thing could be done with Isolation; if someone isolates as a point and as a wing, but does one more often than the other, you can give him both Isolation play sub-types, instead of just "Isolation" as one play type.

Has anyone tried this? Will it mess things up for the CPU somehow or anything? I'd try it now, but I'm busy with other things.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 10-28-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Has anyone tried doing this with P&R or Isolation play types?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I was editing the Hawks, and I didn't know what to do with Dennis Schroder's play types. Based on what I've seen, he's not strictly a P&R Point player; he does sometimes move off the ball before using pick-and-roll, so I wanted to give him P&R Ballhandler so he'd have both wing P&R plays and point P&R plays.

But I also noticed he tends to use pick-and-roll IRL without moving off the ball much more often. However, giving him P&R Ballhandler more or less makes it a balance between the two. The thought just occurred to me to give him P&R Point as his first play type, and then P&R Wing as his second play type.

Theoretically, I think, the same thing could be done with Isolation; if someone isolates as a point and as a wing, but does one more often than the other, you can give him both Isolation play sub-types, instead of just "Isolation" as one play type.

Has anyone tried this? Will it mess things up for the CPU somehow or anything? I'd try it now, but I'm busy with other things.
I'm not sure there is a need as if you select PNR Ball handler you get both as well as if you select Isolation you get all ISO's. It's what I did for Schroeder too to get him off ball PNR's. If you check the swing comeback section in my OP those are all Atlanta Hawk Plays where they swing the ball but Schroeder comes back to get it then go's... Unfortunately not alot of those plays though.

I will test your idea though and see how CPU uses it. I did do this kind of with P&R wing & P&R man for a few guys...
Old 10-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I'm not sure there is a need as if you select PNR Ball handler you get both as well as if you select Isolation you get all ISO's.
Yeah, I understand that, but what I'm saying is if they favor one or the other, you might be able to give them both play types.

Schroder moves off the ball sometimes IRL, but not as much as he would if you gave him P&R Ballhandler IMO. If you give him both, you're telling the game to move Schroder off the ball sometimes, but to keep him on the ball for the most part. Theoretically, at least.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Yeah, I understand that, but what I'm saying is if they favor one or the other, you might be able to give them both play types.

Schroder moves off the ball sometimes IRL, but not as much as he would if you gave him P&R Ballhandler IMO. If you give him both, you're telling the game to move Schroder off the ball sometimes, but to keep him on the ball for the most part. Theoretically, at least.
No I get it... I will mess around with it and report back... Theoretically it makes sense as if you have 20 PNR Plays and 15 are for the point those other 5 probably aren't called very often so it makes sense to do for a select few guys especially PG's as most only use 2-3 play types anyways... I like it...
Old 10-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
No I get it... I will mess around with it and report back... Theoretically it makes sense as if you have 20 PNR Plays and 15 are for the point those other 5 probably aren't called very often so it makes sense to do for a select few guys especially PG's as most only use 2-3 play types anyways... I like it...
Oh, okay. My bad for the confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Try these out too for Hawks...

Swing / PG Comebacks
Fist Swing 14 - PNR
*Quick Horns Swing 52 - PNR (DBL Stagger/Elbow/Warrior/Quick)
Punch 5 Fist 91 STS - PNR
Fist 1 Swing - PNR
*Fist 14 Swing - PNR Option
Quick 1 Swing 2 Up - 3 Pt.
Quick 1 Swing ATL - 3 Pt.
Quick Swing 3 Flare - 3 Pt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »