Home

bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4)

This is a discussion on bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4)

I'm working on at least two more, but I think there is a limit of 5 that can be shared at a time, so I'll have to maybe take down #1 and #2 to share #6 and #7. I'll try to get both of those out this week.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:28 PM   #10
Rookie

agent000's Arena

Swan, did you ever upload fact sheet 3? Also what template did you use on that site? I'm trying to do one myself for the xb1 side
Old 01-02-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been using all of your classes in my league and have been greatly enjoying them. Fantastic work my man.

PSN: DezRondo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdougswan
I'm working on at least two more, but I think there is a limit of 5 that can be shared at a time, so I'll have to maybe take down #1 and #2 to share #6 and #7. I'll try to get both of those out this week.
Are you looking to drop fact sheet about draft classes #4 and #5?
Anyway, excellent work man
Old 01-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #13
Rookie

Doug, thank you for taking the time to create and share inside information in these classes. The insider info you post on Twitter is awesome - info and template! I was wondering if you’d donthe same for classes 4 & 5?

Lastly, roughly how many prospects are you uniquely creating for for each draft class?
Old 02-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #14
Rookie

Hey guys, it's been a while and I apologize for not keeping up with this thread. For those of you asking about fact sheets, this became the most time consuming part of creating the draft classes and I stopped after the first three. I realize this added a lot based on the feedback I've received, but when I published the first three only a handful of people clicked on them and I wanted to spend my time creating the classes rather than what I considered to be extra touches that weren't necessary. My plan for 2K19 is to work on fact sheets over the summer and write up prospect summaries so that I'm not behind when the game comes out.

I do, however, have some exciting news: I plan on releasing five additional fictional draft classes on NBA All Star Weekend. This will result in a total of ten classes, and from that point on I will focus solely on provided any enhancements to existing classes. I can guarantee there will not be any delays since I am already putting the finishing touches on these. I hope you are all enjoying my currently shared draft classes, and promise that you won't be disappointed with the realism coming in the next batch. As always, please let me know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions.

Last edited by bigdougswan; 02-07-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigc45157
Doug, thank you for taking the time to create and share inside information in these classes. The insider info you post on Twitter is awesome - info and template! I was wondering if you’d donthe same for classes 4 & 5?

Lastly, roughly how many prospects are you uniquely creating for for each draft class?
I create a minimum of 15 prospects in each class from the ground up, from tendencies and ratings to signature animations and badges. I then take a look at remaining players to enhance realism.

-Adjust ages. Too many guys in the draft are 22-24, so everybody gets a little younger.
-Tweak accessories. Lots of accessories generate that aren't used in the league often.
-Edit to more realistic jersey #'s...i.e. get rid of most 29s, 37s, etc.
-Make sure names and appearances match up with origin so that if you have an international prospect the guy looks like he actually came from that country.
-Reduce the number of huge bigs (7'1" and taller) since you typically only see a few in each class in real life.
-Smooth out ratings so that there are fewer centers with high speed ratings or point guards with standing dunk, just for examples.
-Tweak overall appearances. We've all seen CAPs that make us laugh. I at least want every prospect to look like they're from Earth.

Last edited by bigdougswan; 02-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdougswan
Hey guys, it's been a while and I apologize for not keeping up with this thread. For those of you asking about fact sheets, this became the most time consuming part of creating the draft classes and I stopped after the first three. I realize this added a lot based on the feedback I've received, but when I published the first three only a handful of people clicked on them and I wanted to spend my time creating the classes rather than what I considered to be extra touches that weren't necessary. My plan for 2K19 is to work on fact sheets over the summer and write up prospect summaries so that I'm not behind when the game comes out.

I do, however, have some exciting news: I plan on releasing five additional fictional draft classes on NBA All Star Weekend. This will result in a total of ten classes, and from that point on I will focus solely on provided any enhancements to existing classes. I can guarantee there will not be any delays since I am already putting the finishing touches on these. I hope you are all enjoying my currently shared draft classes, and promise that you won't be disappointed with the realism coming in the next batch. As always, please let me know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions.
That's great. I can't wait!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »