Home

OS Community Gameplay Authentic Roster (PS4) playoffs version added

This is a discussion on OS Community Gameplay Authentic Roster (PS4) playoffs version added within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 01:25 AM   #65
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Community Gameplay Authentic Roster (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
You can always just choose to not use the roster's injuries when you start a MyLeague
Good call man I forgot about this feature

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #66
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

OVR: 0

First and foremost, incredible thanks to everyone who's been involved in such a game changing overhaul of 2k18. The depth all of these changes add to game is as immense as the hours put into the edits themselves.

Could you shed some light on the Attributes? How little tweaks or extensive they're being adjusted and the theory behind the attribute edits being applied?
Old 11-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #67
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Most of that is explained in the first post.
As far as attributes go. They are really just 2k's ratings, i updated some guys overalls to match newest official roster.

So far there has very little rating manipulation in this roster.

The heart of the roster is reprioritizing tendencies, every tendency besides defensive ones have been adjusted.

For instance I still don't like how ineffective alley oops are for the CPU. They throw some weird stand still ones too often. Like to see this happen off cuts more and in,transition. So when I get home I will be giving passers higher tiered lob city passer badge. For the guys that are lob passers (most point guards and other elite dishers. )

The theory is to get a more life like oponnent and less robotic play. You should fear getting a facial slam from cpu. As well as many other things.,this roster does a good job at it.

I'm brief because I'm at work. I'm not really sure howthorough you want me to get

Suscribe on Youtube
Gleezybaby43
Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
As far as rosters go- I would wait until Monday night or Tuesday I'll be pumping out a lot of updates.
are those updates u spoke of finished?
Old 11-30-2017, 10:59 PM   #69
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Patiently waiting for these updates so i can start myleague
Old 12-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #70
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

How do I download these?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #71
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Played a Cavs vs Bulls quick game, this roster plays beautifully. Bulls moved the ball around while still getting the ball to the right guys, Markennen wasn't hitting his shot consistently, but they kept running the right plays for him. Speaking of plays, for some reason with this roster, it feels much easier to just freelance and find the open man, but I'm guessing that's still a tendency thing. I think I'm gonna refine the advanced rotations a little bit to my liking and then get a MyLeague going, these already feel great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #72
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Sorry for the lack of communication.

Quick update I have been debating doing a new release with the updated 2K roster so the majority of the shoes and whatnot are in. The downfall of that is there wouldn't be Vans Play Books in The rosters unless I decided to do that. The fact that I already have them in though makes me really stray away from the idea.

That being said also I have took a break from editing to enjoy the game a little bit let alone the fact that I haven't even been gaming much the past few days. I'm getting ready to go into a moving process and have quite a bit of stuff that needs taken care of. In my general opinion though if there are guys waiting to start in my league you might as well start one up with this roster I mean how many games can you play over the next few weeks. Let alone if you have not started one it doesn't seem like you're that persistent on putting time in the mode anyways. But with that being said I might think of some things I can update such as play types from Ninja and some of the latest things that van has discussed in his tendency threads. Although for the most part even some of the most recent things he has discussed I feel like already perform well and my roster or they are something that I already had in mindset with my tweaks. One thing that is Major though I might try to push this update out tonight is How've and discussed the post up high and post up low guards Play Type. He discussed an extreme lack of play variety and honestly playing one game against the Cavs or the Bucks you would definitely be able to tell this because certain points of the game the CPU will run a post up for Giannis or LeBron upwards to 10 times in a row so removing that play type is vital.

I know this is such a long post but also touches I'm looking for answers on touches regarding pick-and-roll men The Bigs I wonder if their touches need to be increased. All in all thanks for all the feedback if there's things that you're you don't like seeing or if you don't think a team plays authentic to themselves let me know the one time that I have been wanting to get in and see since I made some changes are the Phoenix Suns and the Trailblazers. Overall the goal of my roster is to have the teams operating from top to bottom through the rotation. Every player has an identity also ball movement is key I really just don't like with the out-of-the-box 2K how there are so many NBA players that literally do nothing with the ball no driving no passing no shooting what do you on the court for?

So I tried to eliminate that. I do think that play well and my sliders play well it is a little easy to penetrate and get to the cup with higher skilled players but honestly I like that and it's realism if you play with a sim mentality; the animations I'm seeing are fantastic. I'm even seeing plenty of shooting fouls I have not seen a foul on a 3-point attempt yet but I have had two instances where the commentators have called out a foul on the three and talking about how a guy has a chance for a 4-point play but there has been no actual whistle on the floor.

Suscribe on Youtube
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »