Home

bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4)

This is a discussion on bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4)

Hello 2K Nuts,

I'm bigdougswan and I've played 2K ever since the day it came out in 1999. I shared some draft classes for NBA 2K8 on a website way back in the day, but mostly I've been a quiet member of the community.

I have been inspired recently by some of the creators in the community like franchiseplay/UniqueMazique, nationalbballa and dainfamousny to name just a few. Life is busy with work and family right now, but I couldn't resist starting a project.

Beginning Friday, November 10th, I'll be releasing one fictional draft class for PS4 each week and will continue to do so for a minimum of 5 weeks. If the community's reaction is strong, I may continue with a handful more throughout the winter.

I am passionate about college basketball, the NBA, the draft process in general, and believe that passion will show. I am not looking for anything in return for putting out these classes, except for maybe your feedback and experiences.

I've made fictional classes myself in the past, but never beyond creating a few players to follow within MyLeague. Nationalbballa is doing an excellent job with the real life classes, and in my mind my classes can fill in later years for players on PS4.

Here is what to expect from my classes:

-Thoughtful edits for ratings and tendencies. Prospects will play how you would expect a player with their skills to play. In other words, if I compare him to Russell Westbrook he's going to attack the basket and use his athleticism. I've put in the time to make this happen and you should feel it throughout gameplay.

-Realistic ages, heights, weights, jersey numbers, badges, signature animations, etc. I can't stand seeing a player generate in a draft class and wear number 49. It just doesn't feel authentic, and I'll be attempting to avoid things like that. I like to create fun storylines, but you're not going to see a 7'3" point guard anytime soon.

-Classes will reflect where the game is headed. Lots of international players, big men with modern skill sets who don't constantly post up, athletic college freshmen who have underdeveloped skills, etc. The first class is relatively tame, but I can't wait to share some of the stories in future classes. As you get familiar with these classes, they won't feel generic.

-A fact sheet for each class will be released prior to the draft class being made available. Check those out on my Twitter page @bigdougswan. Each fact sheet includes information about a prominent storyline from the draft and also profiles the top 15 prospects. Player rankings do not necessarily correlate to player ratings, but they'll give you a general idea of how prospects stack up.

Lastly, and above all, please use the classes and share your thoughts with me. I'm hoping to enhance the NBA 2K18 experience and make it even more enjoyable for the MyLeague enthusiasts out there.

Thank you, bigdougswan

The first fact sheet is available now on twitter www.twitter.com/bigdougswan or go to https://infograph.venngage.com/p/343075/draft-class-1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: bigdougswan's Fictional Draft Classes (PS4)

This sounds legit. Can't wait!

PSN: DezRondo
Old 11-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'll give these a shot - love giving any fictional draft class a start, and the info sheet looks great. Looking forward to it.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Fictional Class #1 is now out. Search bigdougswan on PS4. Fact sheet for class 2 coming early next week, with that class releasing on 11/17. Let me know if you have feedback and I'll adjust accordingly.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Fictional Class #2 is out. Search bigdougswan on PS4. Fact sheet for class 3 coming next week, with that class releasing on 11/24. https://infograph.venngage.com/p/355609/draft-class-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Where is the draft sheet?
Old 12-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
Rookie

timtime's Arena

You still working on this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #8
Rookie

IUThor40's Arena

He’s released 5 classes. That’s what he said he’d do, minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Indiana Pacers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »