Home

NBA 2K18 OFFSEASON ROSTER (feat. 2018 NBA DRAFT CLASS & TRADES) *XBOX ONE*

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 OFFSEASON ROSTER (feat. 2018 NBA DRAFT CLASS & TRADES) *XBOX ONE* within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #49
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 OFFSEASON ROSTER (feat. 2018 NBA DRAFT CLASS & TRADES) *XBOX ONE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eich6bc
Bryandfor3, question about the dunk packages and Plat types... U don't add them to the rookies because u haven't seen them do those dunks/play types in game or because they are rookies and aren't deserving of dunk packages and or play types yet?
(To clarify for those who haven't used my roster: The roster is not absent of rookies with dunk packages)

Dunk packages have been applied to those who I've seen dunk with flair in-game, and they have dunk packages containing dunks that I saw them do (usually on several occasions) on tape/in-game while I was evaluating the player. I think it's a bit misconceived, but players in 2K are still able to do the basic dunks even without dunk packages, they just won't do very flashy dunks (i.e. under basket, rim-grazers, etc.).

For example, I don't think it's necessary to give Gary Trent Jr. dunk packages, because he while I did see instances of him dunking in-game, it was usually a pretty simple slam dunk when he did. So even though I could have given him the rim grazer dunk package, his 2K player will still be able to do those same dunks in game without it. Hamidou Diallo on the other hand, I've seen do some extremely acrobatic dunks atypical of your average player, and he has had dunk packages to reflect that since the release of my draft class in October.

With that being said, there are instances where I just may have not watched enough film to see a player do flashy dunks. I also generally add dunk packages as one of the last steps in my player creation process, and I have forgotten to add dunks to certain players on occasion because of my eagerness to finish and make a player available to use. I really enjoy feedback like this because it can help clean up some of my mistakes that are hard for me to catch on my own.

As far as play types, I didn't have the information to determine players' possessions by play-type while they were playing in college. I do now, and have already been working on adding play-types for the rookies. Play-types for the first 12 picks of the draft have been done for a couple of weeks, I just never made any mention of it because it's a work in progress

Subscribe to my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/BryanDfor3
Old 07-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #50
Just started!

just curious will the missing transactions be eventually filled in or will they stay out? thanks and great roster bro !
Old 07-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #51
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

Most of them admittedly won't be done because that would take a lot of time creating mostly two-way players, and the fact is that people who download the roster likely won't be using the two-way players.

The missing transactions section is really for

1) Letting everyone know that I am aware of certain transactions that haven't been done in my roster (in case I'm away from my Xbox and some huge move happens and it isn't in the roster yet)

2) In case if someone who hasn't downloaded the roster wants to see what moves I have completed

3) If someone has doubts about the frequency of my updates

Subscribe to my YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/BryanDfor3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #52
Rookie

Does this have an extra year of contracts for every player as starting today skips a year.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #53
Just started!

Any update on how the 2019 draft class is coming? I'd love to use it on my MyLeague I'm about to start.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #54
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandfor3
[size="6"]Here in NBA 2K18, the ratings seen in my draft class aren't the same as what you see in the roster. I have decided to manipulate some of my rookie ratings in the roster to account for the role I think players will play in the NBA. For example, Melvin Frazier rated a 75 after my initial scouting & statistical analysis (he's a great athlete & perimeter defender, I promise!!). I manually lowered his intangibles rating from 70 (the default I originally used for every rookie) to drop his rating down to a 73 OVR, which I think is a bit more suitable.

Bryan, what’s the default that u originally use for every rookie? U mean like a starting point when u are creating them?

Do u have that posted somewhere, I wanna see it. I want to create a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »