Home

2001-02 Roster for PC

This is a discussion on 2001-02 Roster for PC within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2018, 05:19 AM   #1
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
2001-02 Roster for PC

2001-02 Roster

After reading 'One Last Shot, the story of Michael Jordan's comeback' I was inspired to start this project. In the weeks of work since, I have decided to start a thread about my progress. This roster will be made to reflect the 2001-02 season, so this includes the vitals, attributes, contracts, coaches, cyberfaces and lookalikes. I may also make this into an All in One roster at a later time with what rebrands I can get online.

I am now using this roster in my newest dynasty story:

One Last SHOT: Jordan's Final Chapter.

I have used a version of maumau78's base roster to get me started. If you download his latest data pack update you will have a lot of the files I used for this roster.

maumau78's Retro Base Roster

You will also need PeacemanNOT's Bucks Uniforms. Drop these straight into your modded folder. That should fix the Bucks uniform problem. There will be no previews in game though, but the uniforms are just the standard Association and Icon edition.

PeacemanNot's 1996-97 Bucks Uniforms

Major thanks to him for this, he has helped me out with quite a few things!

Notes:
  • Instead of using a created player template and plastering a cyberface on it, I've made sure to use filler players from the classic teams and used them for the missing players. I have had to rename some existing players too, so bio's will not be accurate as I cannot edit those fully. This is to stop commentators from blurting out the CAP nicknames.
  • I have edited all player ages and yrs pro to as closely replicate the season as possible. i.e; Rookie Report will contain actual rookie like K. Brown, T. Chandler, P. Gasol etc. These players will show up with either 0 or 1 yrs pro. Sophomores will show up as 1 or 2 yrs pro. So most of these can qualify for the Rookie - Sophomore game at ASW.
  • I have tried to add some free agent players to the FA pool, but mostly it will be CPU generated players that fill spots 13-15 on each teams roster. One problem I have is the top few free agents will be assigned to teams, so best to have a look around and release if you want accurate rosters. I will try and post a list of these free agents.
  • Real coaches will be used where possible (Head or Assistant), otherwise lookalikes will be used.
  • I have implemented the contracts from the 2001-02 Season ($42 Million Cap). The lowest cap for MyLeague is $79 Million, so you will need to use 30 team control and manage all contracts and transactions yourself to avoid crazy stacked teams. If I have time I plan to add any contracts from 2002-03 and 2003-04, so that free agency may be somewhat realistic for first season or two.
  • I hope to compile a Modded folder based on what resources I get from various creators.

Completed so far for all teams:
Rosters filled with 12 players.
Ages Correct.
Yrs Pro correct (Apart from Rookie - Sophomore, game limitations).
Correct Rookies.
Correct Sophomores.
Vitals Correct.
All 2001-02 Contracts are correct.
All head coaches named correctly, where real ones can be added they have been.
MyLeague Compatible, however online saves seem to reset the assigned uniforms. 2k Must reset everything on their servers. Do not fear as almost all unifroms are in game already, you just need to scroll through uniforms to find them.
Added retro courts from in game files.
Added retro courts from various creators.
Added retro logos from in game. (Cheat Engine)
Rename teams such as Nets, Thunder and Pelicans. (Cheat Engine)
Assign 2001 Uniforms sets as primary.
Arenas renamed.
All 2002-03 contracts are correct.
2002 Free Agency will be accurate.
2001-02 Game Settings File. (seaboh on steam)
2002 Draft Class (seaboh on steam)

To be completed:
Ratings adjustment for all teams. About 60% complete so far.
2003-04 contracts to be added.
Rotations.
Cyberface lookalikes for Head Coaches.
Playbook assignments where possible.
2003 Draft Class

Link to download season specific floors:

2001-02 Arena Floors

Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, Sonics and Wizards floor are all from maumau78's download pack, I just renamed them. Bobcats floor (now assigned to Pelicans) is made by PickmansModel and is from 2K18 Downloads section. I'm 90% certain all the rest were already in game, I will double and treble check this. I extracted them with 2k18 explorer, then renamed them to replace each team's court.

I am still missing a Cavs and Hawks court from 2001-02. Have not found one of these yet. Any help here in sourcing or creating them would be appreciated.

The Bobcats court is also from 2014-15 and I added it to match the Bobcats Uni's in game already. I would like a 2004-05 Bobcats court, but for the moment this will do. The Pelicans are only a placeholder full of generics until the 2004-05 season anyway.

Just as an extra, if you want to overwrite maumau78's ESPN Scoreboard, here is another one that reminds me of a lot of the games I used to watch:

NBA on NBC Scoreboard for 2K18 and 2K17 2.0

File name in 2K Share: 2001-02 In Progress
Draft Class in 2k Share: 2002 Draft
Username: seaboh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: 2001-02 Roster for PC

solid work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »