Home

Saw some disturbing poll today about NBA 2k19

This is a discussion on Saw some disturbing poll today about NBA 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #9
TGG
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Saw some disturbing poll today about NBA 2k19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
game out of the box = casual crowd

devoted sim players = sliders (and good luck to you)
Sliders doesn't work like you want it, at the first place there a no sliders for fastbreak, you can tweak them like you want you never gonna get the right result
Old 08-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #10
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG
Sliders doesn't work like you want it, at the first place there a no sliders for fastbreak, you can tweak them like you want you never gonna get the right result
That's not 100% true. The majority of the trick to fixing fast breaks has been fixing the speed sliders. Although one of the big problems is that there was no global "Speed w/ Ball" slider, hopefully we get one in 2K19. So if you increased the "Speed" slider to get the players to run as fast as they do in real life, you would see fewer fast breaks because the slider didn't affect the ball handler, but the defenders would be faster to catch up to him. So what I did was give the Speed w/ Ball sliders a higher min/max range than the Speed min/max sliders, which helped a little but still remains problematic.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 AM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Sounds about right to me.

People have to realize that for some modes, like competitive online modes, full-on realism just does not make sense. For instance, you wouldn't want random injuries or flagrant fouls in that mode. Also, you wouldn't want any predetermined hot/cold status for players. They have to emphasize fairness over everything else for those.

For offline MyLeague, hell yea bring on the realism.

As far as play style goes, not everyone is gonna be a superfan who understands when to hedge a screen or work the post or run a Princeton offense. You have to expect a high percentage of players to want a fun, more easy-going experience.

Yep, they need to separate things, so us hardcore fans who play offline who want realism, dont end up getting the shaft, due to the online casuals, who quite frankly will probably always whine about something.

Obviously as some have said over the past few yrs, that they need to make 2 games, one for offline and one for online, wouldnt be financially feasible. So they need to find away to separate online gameplay from offline gameplay, like they do with difficulty in slider settings.

Your never going to please everyone, and that goes with basically anything, and not just in the video game world,lol. For the most part, outside of their crappy stats sim engine, along with a few other issues, such as the CPU poor foul management, and it being broke altogether when using the advance rotations, along with a few other issues, but outside of that it does a descent job in simulating the NBA game. Its definitely the best basketball simulation by far, and really probably does a better job in that area, than any of the other sports sims. Outside of probably MLBTS. Not sure about the soccer games as I dont have a current soccer game, so I can speak on that.

I figure 1 of 2 things is going to happen, now with this whole Esports stuff 2k has gotten into. 1 its going end up improving the realism of gameplay for us offline players who want realism, or 2 its going to ruin it for us offline players who want realism.

Only time will tell, although I got a feeling it likely will end up ruining it for us offline guys who want realism. That is if they dont split the online gameplay from the offline gameplay. I tend to think the reason why we see such a lack of non shooting fouls and non steal turnovers is due to the online crybabies. I also think the online side of things is why there was a lack of shooting fouls on attempted 3 pointers in 18.

I hope Im wrong, but I think unless they separate the online from the offline gameplay, us hardcore fans who want a realistic simulation are probably going to end up getting screwed.
I wish there was a good text sim basketball game out like what we have for baseball with OOTP, then I probably wouldnt even bother buying NBA2k. I did it this yr with MLBTS, because they started the devs started neglecting Franchise mode, so I didnt buy MLBTS, and went with OOTP. While I do miss actually playing the game, realism with stats and such is the top priority for me, because without that, I lose interest real quick. I know Wolverine studios makes a college basketball game and a NBA text sim also, but there not liscensed, like OOTP is, so you have to edit files, and stuff like like with those basketball games, and Im not smart enough with a PC to be able to do that, so thats why I havent went that route yet with basketball.

Really NBA2k is really close to being the perfect sports sim, with how deep the MyLeague is, as there is just a few things that dont work right, and the sim engine being off on some stats, that if they would just be able to fix this stuff, it would be the ultimate sports simulation

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 03:51 PM   #12
TGG
Rookie

OVR: 0

They can easy fix this if the game is too arcady, make the sliders that way that you easily can turn the game in a realistic game
Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #13
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGG
They can easy fix this if the game is too arcady, make the sliders that way that you easily can turn the game in a realistic game
That's how it currently is, you can make the game super easy or super hard now, all with sliders. The problem is, online modes don't support sliders.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »