Home

NBA 2K19 Player DNA

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Player DNA within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #17
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K19 Player DNA

Wow that's amazing
Old 09-10-2018, 06:03 AM   #18
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
To piggyback off this..you can copy over just attributes or appearance and attributes

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
It's a great feature, but I believe it's bugged as well. I used player DNA to add attributes from an existing player to a couple of players in a DC I am making....that works fine but the issue I have ran into is that the players from my DC do not show up in any of the rookie statistics or rewards. They was missing from the Rookie Report, was not in the rookie all-star game, they didn't show up for ROTY either. To test I recreated them without using player DNA in a whole new DC and it worked correctly. So player DNA causes issues it seems, I am not sure if they will be missing from League Leaders or anything but I can confirm they was missing from all rookie stuff
Old 09-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #19
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
It's a great feature, but I believe it's bugged as well. I used player DNA to add attributes from an existing player to a couple of players in a DC I am making....that works fine but the issue I have ran into is that the players from my DC do not show up in any of the rookie statistics or rewards. They was missing from the Rookie Report, was not in the rookie all-star game, they didn't show up for ROTY either. To test I recreated them without using player DNA in a whole new DC and it worked correctly. So player DNA causes issues it seems, I am not sure if they will be missing from League Leaders or anything but I can confirm they was missing from all rookie stuff
Did you happen to see what their Years Pro was set to?

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 09-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #20
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Did you happen to see what their Years Pro was set to?
You know I didn't check that actually, I'll attempt it again later today. I know I did the DC edit outside of myLeague and I didn't see an option to edit years.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #21
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope someone can make a good current Gilbert Arenas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
A google doc might be good. Could post players names and the gamertags to download and have like a “master” spreadsheet showing everything.

Could also include fictional players too which would be nice for draft class makers who don’t like making faces
I've got you covered. I've made this spreadsheet editable by anyone with the link so we can use it as a kind of master list. It has Player Name, Gamertag of Creator, Player Overall, Player Potential, What Kind of Player they are (i.e. Legend, Fictional, Draft, etc), what draft class to potentially use them with, and what year they are based on if they are legends.

I don't have the game yet so I can't put actual data in there but I put in a few examples to show how it could work. There are also filters on all the columns so you can search for players more easily.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by CDazzle91; 09-10-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
You know I didn't check that actually, I'll attempt it again later today. I know I did the DC edit outside of myLeague and I didn't see an option to edit years.
You shouldn't have to edit years. If they come in the league in a (non-fantasy) draft then they should all be rookies, i.e. zero years pro.

I saw mention somewhere else where rookies also have very young ages, like 13-16 years old, it sounds like there might be just a problem in general with using DNA in DC's.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 09-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
You shouldn't have to edit years. If they come in the league in a (non-fantasy) draft then they should all be rookies, i.e. zero years pro.

I saw mention somewhere else where rookies also have very young ages, like 13-16 years old, it sounds like there might be just a problem in general with using DNA in DC's.
I feared compatibility issues would arise when I saw that DCs could use players from the 2K Share Pool

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »