Home

2K19/2K20/2K21 & NextGen CAP Formulas (legends)

This is a discussion on 2K19/2K20/2K21 & NextGen CAP Formulas (legends) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K19 CAP Formulas (legends)

Charles Barkley
Not sure if this is final, I have 3 different ones lol

Spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #82
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

I used this 2k17 PC scan as a reference point. I would go 1 shade lighter and round the face off.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:29 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

2K19 CAP Formulas (legends)

I went lighter originally and he looked Asian, so I went back darker a shade. Also I personally think the rounded cheeks look more like him now, and less like him playing. My biggest gripe on a lot of Barkley CAPs are how round his face is. I’m good going up a couple clicks, not much though.

He had a pretty distinct slope from cheek bone to chin. His face didn’t round outward like he looks now in comparison. In the scan you posted his cheek, lower jaw area is wider than his cheek, with no sloping in towards his chin. In the scan picture he looks like he has fish hooks pulling his cheeks out. There might be a better preset than I’m using to find some more middle ground between the two, but the face shape of that scan does not look like Barkley IMO.

Last edited by ojandpizza; 09-18-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Altered it a bit without losing the slope..

Also the skin looks lighter on my TV settings than on my iPhone. If you notice the Kobe pictures from earlier the first pic looks a bit lighter, they are all the same skin tone. I brightened it one shade on my phone to try and make it match my TV, this would be the same scenario.. hard to explain, but going lighter changes more than just the color. The whole texture seems to change and he looks almost “yellow” which makes him look like a bald sumo wrestler instead of a light skin black male.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Notice how much better that looks.

I might try to find a preset that better fits that cheek to chin shape already, and just hope the rest can be made to look similar to Chuck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #86
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

When I make a CAP I am looking to get those distinct features right and in my mind for Barkley its the lips and his eye brows. That lower lip needs to be distinctly thinner than the upper one. Even though he has a slight indention on the upper lip I always try to minimize it. I wish 2K let us widen the skull. You are right that the lower pat of his jaw is often too wide in CAPs.

You got me inspired to revisit my version..lol.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #87
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

My ver 2.0

Old 09-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
When I make a CAP I am looking to get those distinct features right and in my mind for Barkley its the lips and his eye brows. That lower lip needs to be distinctly thinner than the upper one. Even though he has a slight indention on the upper lip I always try to minimize it. I wish 2K let us widen the skull. You are right that the lower pat of his jaw is often too wide in CAPs.

You got me inspired to revisit my version..lol.

I’ve made and scrapped so many different Barkleys and Reggies lol. I guess that’s why they are always the most difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »