Home

Calling all Custom Draft Class veterans

This is a discussion on Calling all Custom Draft Class veterans within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Calling all Custom Draft Class veterans

So I kinda want to make my own custom draft classes for my own MyGM/MyLeague and I'm wondering how some of you guys do it... How do you come up with tendencies, ratings, peak start and peak end and all of those other details? What are some tips that I should know as well as some pitfalls when making custom draft classes... I eventually want to graduate to making my own custom roster and I figure creating draft classes might be the first step... I'd appreciate all of the tips and help that I can get

Thanks in advance folks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 02:58 AM   #2
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Calling all Custom Draft Class veterans

Take a look at the tendencies/attributes of current NBA players in 2K, get to know the general ranges and trends. What's common for a given player type? It's not the answer you want but basically you just do the research and then use that knowledge. It doesn't take too long to get a good feel for things.

As for player peaks. Imo a good general rule is to set peak starts at 25 and peak ends at 30, give or take a year on either side depending on the player circumstance. Players that rely solely on athleticism and not skill or smarts then their peak end could come down to 29. If they're a player whose game is more based on skill or smarts rather than having an athletic edge then their peak end could be 31. A peak end of 32 should be reserved for all-time greats, freak genetics, basketball lifers, and general outlier situations.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Take a look at the tendencies/attributes of current NBA players in 2K, get to know the general ranges and trends. What's common for a given player type? It's not the answer you want but basically you just do the research and then use that knowledge. It doesn't take too long to get a good feel for things.

As for player peaks. Imo a good general rule is to set peak starts at 25 and peak ends at 30, give or take a year on either side depending on the player circumstance. Players that rely solely on athleticism and not skill or smarts then their peak end could come down to 29. If they're a player whose game is more based on skill or smarts rather than having an athletic edge then their peak end could be 31. A peak end of 32 should be reserved for all-time greats, freak genetics, basketball lifers, and general outlier situations.

In your average draft class how many players potential do you typically put in the 90-95 range, 85-89 and 80-84?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
In your average draft class how many players potential do you typically put in the 90-95 range, 85-89 and 80-84?
Personally this year I’m using the 2k roster slightly edited as I don’t have patience for waiting for a good edit by SimWorld or DC etc.

But my currently formula for potentials is this:

95+ 0.5
90-94 1
85-89 2.5
80-84 3.5
75-79 10
70-74 17

I think those are what I got. The 70-79’s May be slightly off but if I remember my spreadsheet that’s what I got.

It is CRUCIAL!!! To make sure your Peak Ends hover around 28. Some can higher or lower but on average 28. I tend to make 85+ players average to 27, and then below 70’s at quite young so they are out of the league quicker. The mid 70s I average at 28/29ish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »