Home

NBA 2K19 - Attention to detail roster (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Attention to detail roster (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2018, 05:09 PM   #961
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K19 - Attention to detail roster (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
In game, you get commentaries for current season events, as other have said, dont know what may be the issue on your side ... but on player stats screen, you lose the current season stats if you edit the roster offline, it has been like that since this generation of consoles. If I recall right it even happened on the last generation too. As a roster editor I hate it but it is what it is.
Got it. Not sure what is going on my side, I dont edit the roster, I just download from 2Kshare, like I've done for years, but for some crazy reason this is the first year I'm not getting current season events,etc. Will have to do some digging
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #962
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Got it. Not sure what is going on my side, I dont edit the roster, I just download from 2Kshare, like I've done for years, but for some crazy reason this is the first year I'm not getting current season events,etc. Will have to do some digging
Yeah, as far as in game, do some digging maybe report it to some dev.

The player screen thing, cant do anything, is up to the roster creator. If he saves the file offline and do his edits from there it loses the current season stats and only shows last year, for not to happen, the creator has to save all its edits online always and download from online, do edits and directly upload again. You can have an offline save but just as an incase alternative.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #963
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Yeah, as far as in game, do some digging maybe report it to some dev.

The player screen thing, cant do anything, is up to the roster creator. If he saves the file offline and do his edits from there it loses the current season stats and only shows last year, for not to happen, the creator has to save all its edits online always and download from online, do edits and directly upload again. You can have an offline save but just as an incase alternative.
After some playing around I found it maybe partly something with my system and possibly partly with how this roster was originally created. I went on 2Kshare and downloaded Timsmooth roster and Clutz roster. Went into both roster files and saw that the player 2018/2019 stats thru the first 12 games this season were listed. Then went into quick games using there rosters picked random match up and basically got the full NBA Today presentation, updated commentary, this current season stats for teams/players during pregame and during the game, commentary and constant stat overlays about the players all game for this season. Just was confused why I wasn't getting this with Celtics roster, but now I may understand why.
For years I've loaded my own custom roster from 2kshare or downloaded custom rosters from 2kshare and they would have updated stats,etc for the current season. This was the first time that it didn't work as well for me for some reason, it's a great way to get NBA today presentation in quick games no matter the match up.

Also Celtic, just played against the Bucs, AWESOME game!

Last edited by STLRams; 11-14-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:13 AM   #964
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjbrock33
Yeah id love to know the differences people are seeing with these two myleague slider sets
Here's the difference between mine and schnaidt's MyLeague sliders, in my opinion: Shnaidt's are more about getting an accurate result, mine are more about getting an accurate process.

By that i mean, Shnaidt has tuned his in ways where he's getting specific results (x amount of players progress over 80, etc), but the way it GETS there to me isn't realistic. The flow is restricted in order to get the right result.

Mine probably has results that OCD people can't deal with, but imo the way it GETS there is more similar to what happens in the NBA. And by that i mean, the arch of the way players grow/decline, etc etc. There is flow that matches the NBA landscape (although the G-League bug gives us too much talent oversaturation at times).

Granted, the last time i tested schaidt's sliders was maybe 3-4 weeks ago when he first released them so maybe they're different now. But imo there isn't enough dynamic shifting of talent and opportunity going on in those sliders. Just my opinion though!! That's why we have sliders, to adjust to our own taste

Last edited by Barncore; 11-15-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #965
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Here's the difference between mine and schnaidt's MyLeague sliders, in my opinion: Shnaidt's are more about getting an accurate result, mine are more about getting an accurate process.

By that i mean, Shnaidt has tuned his in ways where he's getting specific results (x amount of players progress over 80, etc), but the way it GETS there to me isn't realistic. The flow is restricted in order to get the right result.

Mine probably has results that OCD people can't deal with, but imo the way it GETS there is more similar to what happens in the NBA. And by that i mean, the arch of the way players grow/decline, etc etc. There is flow that matches the NBA landscape (although the G-League bug gives us too much talent oversaturation at times).

Granted, the last time i tested schaidt's sliders was maybe 3-4 weeks ago when he first released them so maybe they're different now. But imo there isn't enough dynamic shifting of talent and opportunity going on in those sliders. Just my opinion though!! That's why we have sliders, to adjust to our own taste
When you say "dynamic shift" what are you entitling?
Trades and Free agency signings?
Are you getting realistic results with those two aspects?

Last edited by tylerjbrock33; 11-15-2018 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Forgot information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #966
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore

I don't exactly agree with this...

2k rosters by default are flawed with how players progress. with or default settings 5 years in we jump from 60 players rated in the 80s to 200.

this results in 2 things. inflated talent and teams with 0 cap space.

both are things we have never seen in the NBA.

because I made my set for 2k default rosters so Xbox and PC guys can use them too, I'm limited in what could happen to maintain a realistic NBA..

I chose to have a realistic amout of talent and teams able to properly manage their cap space over having a wide variety in who becomes good and who doesn't (btw there is some change depending on how things play out)

my goal was to replicate the NBA landscape over a 5 year period.

this includes draft picks, trades, cap space, and player talent pool.

this year with the new progression and regression sliders showed the huge flaw in 2ks default rosters and hopefully it gets fixed going forward. but I was not going to sacrifice 3 aspects for 1.

with my set up you will have anywhere from 3 to 8 teams each year that are under the salary cap... some by as much as 25 million...

anyway I think that's the main difference. I worked hard to keep the status quo to maintain balance from the 29 other NBA teams and NBA landscape verse doing what was necessary to get young studs up into the mid 90 ovrs...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #967
Just started!

Great effort in this awesome project. Would it be possible to make the CITY EDITION jerseys avaliable with this 2.0 roster??

Thanks guyss
Old 11-15-2018, 11:30 AM   #968
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanizor
Great effort in this awesome project. Would it be possible to make the CITY EDITION jerseys avaliable with this 2.0 roster??

Thanks guyss
You can the download it from 2k share and then re-download the home and away uniforms (but you'll lose a part of the commentary) or you have to wait until they patch them into exisiting saves

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »