Home

2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

This is a discussion on 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #65
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

I'm already seeing some differences in CPU/AI play that weren't listed in the patch notes. Going to take more time to retest everything to make sure it's real.

- CPU players are back to rushing some contested close range jump shots.
- Player speed feels different, the animations feel slower than before with the same movement settings. Might have to raise Speed With Ball and Speed Without Ball Max ranges because guys look like they are running in mud now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I used to be in the simulated over gameplay camp when it came to tendencies, but it's hard to do when a game needs so much help from tendencies to get sim gameplay. I'm usually the guy simulating 1,000's of seasons to get things exact too so it's tough to give up on that goal for now.

Attributes such as shooting, passing, rebounding, blocks, and steals will all be tuned for simulation stats.
Tendencies will be tuned for gameplay based on custom scales. The values will based on real-world stats, but not tied to the scale from the 2K simulation engine.

The most obvious differences you'll see are in shot selection and shot location. Most players take a lot more Inside/Close shots in real life than will play out in the sim engine with this roster. In gameplay, you'll see with crazy low tendency shot location values everyone is still taking a ton of Inside/Close shots.
Sounds good to me. Thank you for the reply. I’m don’t obsess over SIM stats, if it’s in the ball park that’s fine by me. Gameplay is far more important to me, personally.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #67
MVP

Quote:
I'm already seeing some differences in CPU/AI play that weren't listed in the patch notes. Going to take more time to retest everything to make sure it's real.

- Player speed feels different, the animations feel slower than before with the same movement settings. Might have to raise Speed With Ball and Speed Without Ball Max ranges because guys look like they are running in mud now.
I played a little scrimmage mode this morning. Everything felt about the same to me, but I don’t notice the intricacies like you and many others on this site.

Please let me know when you update the sliders/roster, and I will make sure to download.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:

I’ve been playing around in practice mode, but decided to play a “play now” game. Bucks (CPU) vs Warriors (user).

- Giannis had three fouls in the first quarter and the Bucks left him in the game. I believe you mentioned you updated the rotations. Personally, I do not use this feature because the CPU will not sub players in foul trouble. They will always stick to your rotation settings.

Is there a way to disable this for the CPU? I realize it is not an issue for the USER as we can manually control our subs.

- Are these sliders ideal for “real fg %” or shot timing?

Thank you!!
Old 10-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #69
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I’ve been playing around in practice mode, but decided to play a “play now” game. Bucks (CPU) vs Warriors (user).

- Giannis had three fouls in the first quarter and the Bucks left him in the game. I believe you mentioned you updated the rotations. Personally, I do not use this feature because the CPU will not sub players in foul trouble. They will always stick to your rotation settings.

Is there a way to disable this for the CPU? I realize it is not an issue for the USER as we can manually control our subs.

- Are these sliders ideal for “real fg %” or shot timing?

Thank you!!
1. I'm not sure if the AI will override rotations, but will do some testing with settings to see. I've been disappointed overall with the substitution patterns once the game goes off script and I'm not sure whether the general settings apply to CPU teams.
2. I've done all testing on Shot Timing so far. If you or anyone uses Real FG%, please post what kind of percentages you're getting.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:29 PM   #70
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quick Update: I'm still adjusting post-patch to see how to deal with the changes and trying to tune some of the ranges for contested jumpers to improve who is taking shots in the half court offense.

I haven't added any new teams yet, but will focus on getting the Celtics and Jazz in the next release. Hopefully I'll have a new version (v0.2) of the roster and sliders by Sunday.

After we get to around 10 teams and 2K stops patching the game every week, then I'll need a long time to update the rest of the league (v1.0) and probably a break before starting on a MyLeague ready file. Hopefully the database will be further along by then to make it quicker to update each team.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Quick Update: I'm still adjusting post-patch to see how to deal with the changes and trying to tune some of the ranges for contested jumpers to improve who is taking shots in the half court offense.

I haven't added any new teams yet, but will focus on getting the Celtics and Jazz in the next release. Hopefully I'll have a new version (v0.2) of the roster and sliders by Sunday.

After we get to around 10 teams and 2K stops patching the game every week, then I'll need a long time to update the rest of the league (v1.0) and probably a break before starting on a MyLeague ready file. Hopefully the database will be further along by then to make it quicker to update each team.
Sounds great! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you can do with Lebron and Westbrook down the line! What is the difference between version 1.0 and a MyLeague ready file?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #72
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Sounds great! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you can do with Lebron and Westbrook down the line! What is the difference between version 1.0 and a MyLeague ready file?

Thanks!
I'm really trying to lock down this drive/kick/attack behavior from the AI before getting to them. It should be fun to set those squads up!

The MyLeague ready file will have free agents edited to scale, updated contracts and vitals, updated potential ratings, minor tweaks to intangibles for overall ratings to improve rotations/signings, and some guidance on MyLeague sliders to use with the roster.

I'm still going to update potential ratings and player movement in the version 1.0 roster, but the roster is more focused on gameplay than MyLeague.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »