Home

bigdougswan's 2K19 Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on bigdougswan's 2K19 Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: bigdougswan's 2K19 Fictional Draft Classes

Haha, thanks man. I appreciate it, but really just do it because I'm hoping that others will get some enjoyment out of it. I've always made draft classes for my own use, but had a lot of fun sharing a few last year. The best part is when people recognize the work that's gone into it. I also enjoy hearing some of the experiences people have. Last year, at least one online league started utilizing my classes and felt they added realism. Then I sometimes get the stories like, "I drafted x player in the second round and he developed into the 6th man on my NBA champion." It's just fun hearing how people are using them, so hopefully I get some more feedback this year.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #18
Rookie

Draft Class #1 has been uploaded! Feel free to pass on any feedback.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 AM   #19
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Keen to check this out!
Old 10-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #20
Rookie

Thanks for making these.

I have two questions:

How many edited players are there per class?

What is your method for created busts/gems?
Old 10-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #21
Rookie

Great questions. I would say 25-30 players per class are full edits, but about 100 per class have been edited in some way. Even if they aren't very highly rated, I like to avoid players with unrealistic appearances, especially the ones that have eyes set very far apart or hairstyles/eye colors that don't feel right with their skin tones. I also can't stand silly player names or unrealistic jersey numbers (i.e. #37 or #49), so a lot of time goes toward just tweaking some of that stuff. Busts are primarily created by adjusting the peak start age and peak end age so that not a lot of development occurs. Gems are mainly a longer development period and peak, and also just a higher overall than expected from the draft guide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #22
Rookie

Awesome! Loved using your classes last year, thanks for doing this again.

Hopefully, some of the players from last year will make a return
Old 10-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinScott
Awesome! Loved using your classes last year, thanks for doing this again.

Hopefully, some of the players from last year will make a return

Thanks! Let me know if there is anyone in particular you'd like to see, and I'll try to fit them in. I hadn't planned on any carryover from last year since I figured the users of the 2K18 draft classes would want something fresh for 2K19.

If anyone has any suggestions for a certain type of player, please let me know. I could really use an idea for a dominant player. There will be one in an upcoming class who is a mix of Kobe and Durant (I think I have him set for #4), but I haven't decided if I want to max out his potential or make him somewhat of a bust.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #24
Rookie

Thanks for the reply! I love your implementation of interesting foreign players and the template you use for the draft info is A1.

Would you say it’s safe to say that one can get through all 60-66 picks of a draft by using guys with your touch/edits on them? I love when you can get mid to late in the second round and still be choosing from edited guys.

Have you thought about including 5-8 second guys in your draft preview/article that you do? I what you have now is awesome - as I mentioned above - I just love having some intriguing guys in second round even if they don’t pan out.

Last edited by Bigc45157; 10-19-2018 at 05:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »