Home

2006 - 2007 Detailed Roster Complete (PS4)

This is a discussion on 2006 - 2007 Detailed Roster Complete (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2006 - 2007 Detailed Roster Complete (PS4)

Title: 2006 - 2007 Accurate
PSN: DaBallocaust

~ all my drafts have over 60 real life prospects ~
2007 Draft finished, name: 2007 Draft Accurate psn: DaBallocaust
2008 Draft finished, name: 2008 Draft Accurate psn: DaBallocaust

My goal going into this was to complete the most detailed historic roster on console. About 2 months prior to the release of 2k19, I began making a spreadsheet to complete this efficiently and it still dragged but I am happy to release the first version fully in under 2 months. Here is what this roster features!

Team Totals:

Each team has 14-15 players on it that were on the roster during the 2006-2007 season! It is good to go for MyLeague

Player Creation:

Each player was sorted through to either find their in-game model, by far most closely appearing player model (I took a lot of time to find the player in the game that best physically portrays another) or CAPed. After the model was selected. EACH player was rated and tendencied MANUALLY. Each player is unique and will not perform like the player they once were, instead they will perform like who they are meant to portray. There is maybe 5 players (not including free agents) that were just attribute copied.

Each player has accurate vitals to their correct school, birthday, age during season, years pro, peak begin and end based on real life performance (barring injury), correct handness, correct body height/weight, correct accessories, accurately portrayed hotzones (a decent percentage) . Each player that does not have their own in-game model has had their signature jumpshots changed in order to more accurately reflect said players actual jumpshot. additionally the overwhelming majority (90%+) has had their other signature dunks/layups, handling changed to more accurately reflect that player.

Contracts:

Each player has had their contract changed. I decided to go with a flat inflation adjusted contract. This means all contracts with the exceptions of player options are flat. (Ex. if player A in real life made 5 million dollars in 05-06, 10 million dollars in 06-07 and 15 million dollars in 07-08. In this roster he will appear as having a 3 year original contract with 2 years remaining. Since the contracts are adjusted for inflation, (2006 salary cap = 53,135,000 compared to 2018 salary cap = 101,869,000) I used the formula

(Player A salary for 2006 / 53,135,000) * 101,869,000 = inflation adjusted salary

player A will have a salary of 9,585, 866 (or whatever rounds closest to) for the years 2006-07 and 2007-08

I will say a good amount of teams are in the luxury tax because this was before rule changes in the early 2010s. Tbh I'm not exactly sure how 2k handles repeat offenders and such but God Bless the NY Knicks.

Free Agency:

As of now there are 24 accurate free agents available. Each FA also has been rated manually however they were first attributed copied for tendency reasons. They were first copied from a player of the same position, that must have a similar height/weight and play style in order to ensure they play accurately if signed. I made the decision to do it this way since tendency rating is very time consuming and tedious, especially since these players aren't on rosters. I plan on adding to the free agency with more players that were available at the time.

Front Office:

Each team has had their playbook changed to a playbook that more accurately reflected that teams/coach play style. As of right now, only the Head Coach and Assistant Coaches have been changed. All 30 teams have the head coach of the 06 season. Assistant Coaches are also accurate however, there may be 1-2 teams where the AC was not the primary AC. There are changes coming and the goal is to have all front office positions as close to accurate as possible.

I need to do more play testing and there is still coaching sliders that need to be adjusted but the roster is at the point where it can be released. I would really appreciate feedback and thoughts.

Major credit to user Rashidi, I found a post from a decade ago on gamefaq which was used as a base.

credit to multiple users that have posted signature edits in threads from 2k12-2k16 as i searched through them

credit to users in the CAP thread which helped with player creations

credit to JCobragaming on youtube for many 2k17 player edits which I used for jumpshots and signatures.

Last edited by MaddenKing94; 12-21-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: added info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 12:18 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2006 - 2007 Detailed Roster Complete (PS4)

I wanted to mention I am actively working on a 2007 Draft class to follow this roster
Old 11-02-2018, 01:48 AM   #3
Pro

Awesome great work! I wasn’t expecting this one and I believe no one has done this roster since 2k moved to next gen so I really appreciate it. Roster creators give these games a ton more replay ability and are why I keep every copy of games like 2k ,Madden and The show that I get.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenKing94
I wanted to mention I am actively working on a 2007 Draft class to follow this roster
why not just use the draft classes that 2k put in, there complete?
Old 11-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
why not just use the draft classes that 2k put in, there complete?
cause 2k draft classes have very little players, and is whack.

anyways, I think I found a roster to do a MyLEAGUE until my "big" save that goes about 5 years, this looks very good, I'll probably take the Bulls and re-live MVP Rose (who reemerged last night) whilst weeping for what he could've been.
haven't played a game yet, but the ratings seem a bit high for the Bulls, they win too much in sim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
cause 2k draft classes have very little players, and is whack.

anyways, I think I found a roster to do a MyLEAGUE until my "big" save that goes about 5 years, this looks very good, I'll probably take the Bulls and re-live MVP Rose (who reemerged last night) whilst weeping for what he could've been.
haven't played a game yet, but the ratings seem a bit high for the Bulls, they win too much in sim
a part of it is coaching sliders. Im gunna work that out over the next week. I already have 30 players done for the 07 draft class, i need to take a break for a day tho, I grinded so much the past week because I knew I was close to done
Old 11-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

any sliders you'd recommend?
Old 11-03-2018, 01:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
any sliders you'd recommend?
nope. So far, all I've done is create this roster and play mycareer, havent messed with sliders much

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »