Home

NBA2K19 Roster/Game Issues (Rant)

This is a discussion on NBA2K19 Roster/Game Issues (Rant) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #17
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA2K19 Roster/Game Issues (Rant)

Haven't even grabbed the game as I already knew some of these issues would still be standing. Thank you for saving me a podcast and good luck Vann. Feel free to reuse some of the things I showed you last year and/or use my scales... but when its all said and done... hard codes issues kill any edits you could make because even if you could fix some of it, it would break others AND the remaining issues kill the highly touted immersion and individuality that's so highly promoted.

Thoroughly enjoying my 2k18 still.

PS - it is HIGH FN time that they rebuild instead of throwing bells and whistles and bandaids over a flawed engine.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-24-2018, 08:02 PM   #18
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
Haven't even grabbed the game as I already knew some of these issues would still be standing. Thank you for saving me a podcast and good luck Vann. Feel free to reuse some of the things I showed you last year and/or use my scales... but when its all said and done... hard codes issues kill any edits you could make because even if you could fix some of it, it would break others AND the remaining issues kill the highly touted immersion and individuality that's so highly promoted.

Thoroughly enjoying my 2k18 still.

PS - it is HIGH FN time that they rebuild instead of throwing bells and whistles and bandaids over a flawed engine.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Come again??? LOL!

Ya, glad I saved you the trouble. I won't be editing this game. Not worth it IMO. 18 you could get a great game after edits so it was worth it. Only thing I will do is scale 19 so it will be ready to plug in next year into 20. The hard coded stuff sucks. I wish I could go back to 18 and if 18 had the DNA share I'd be all over it... And BTW team help defense still not tied to roster unfortunately.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Funny Ron said that, I was actually thinking about going back to 2K18 and just update the transactions that took place and play that instead of 19. I got spoiled from Vanns edits with 18, was just some plain beautiful SIM basketball to play with. Heck I feel like 2K19 played better out of the box before the patches, but as you guys mentioned there are to many things hardcoded into the gameplay that messes things up. CelticLG did a great job editing and adding Vanns tendencies in his custom roster, but some things cant be fixed or corrected with 19. Shame that we have to hope and wait for 2K20 for things get corrected.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:11 PM   #20
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Funny Ron said that, I was actually thinking about going back to 2K18 and just update the transactions that took place and play that instead of 19. I got spoiled from Vanns edits with 18, was just some plain beautiful SIM basketball to play with. Heck I feel like 2K19 played better out of the box before the patches, but as you guys mentioned there are to many things hardcoded into the gameplay that messes things up. CelticLG did a great job editing and adding Vanns tendencies in his custom roster, but some things cant be fixed or corrected with 19. Shame that we have to hope and wait for 2K20 for things get corrected.
Ya, I was like what did you teach me? Because I don’t recall being taught anything! Lol! I used speed edits and his post because I couldn’t figure out rhyme or reason of why cpu used which move in 18 and I had them all zeroed out for all players. I didn’t agree with a lot of the scales and stuff after testing. But all open to interpretation and in eye of beholder in what you want from a sim game.

That being said, if you do that with 18 Let me know! I want to do the same thing only problem is getting all the rookies and new guys missing in 18. If someone had them as caps and entered in I’d keep editing the last 125 players. I believe I had 325 done all scouted when I ended in August. That gameplay for sure spoiled me as well! But at the same time 19 I love the new plays and actions 18 didn’t have. I also love that players behind me don’t equal highly contested shots. The dho’s are better in 19 too. Like I said 2k18.5 I’d have been happy with.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:21 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Vann, I know you dont plan on full editing 2K19 because of its flaws, but are you planning on posting this season's each NBA teams plays that you normally do? Especially since Czar recently pushed out that updated with more plays available?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2018, 11:25 PM   #22
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Vann, I know you dont plan on full editing 2K19 because of its flaws, but are you planning on posting this season's each NBA teams plays that you normally do? Especially since Czar recently pushed out that updated with more plays available?
Probably not no. Idk though yet to be honest. After he is done adding plays I might go through them only if number 1 to have them ready for 2k20 and number 2 if he tells me they will be in 2k20. Then because I won’t be playing 19 it looks like I would just take my time as I’d be in no hurry. That being said I did just watch 1st half of Bucks game tonight and listed 24-25 plays bucks could have in playbook of plays and actions they ran. Keep in mind a few things though. Number 1 80% of time they ran spread 5 out and penetrated, DDD stuff. But they did run the actions I listed on Twitter. Number 2 though is I just went off memory of plays as I was watching. Not sure all are in 19. I do know they were in 18 and then listed a few other new ones I had seen in 19. You wouldn’t want a bucks book full of plays like that though because you want to capture their style 80% of time. Plus I’m assuming czar will add the 5 out freelance back in. He has to. But Budenholzer still running slot of what he did with Atlanta still as well. A lot of early offense swing and comeback stuff. It was ATL plays last year. Idk thoughwhat im going to do yet. Might just take time with playbooks and tense and get things ready for what I’m hoping will be a better game in 2k20...
Old 11-25-2018, 12:56 AM   #23
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Ya, I was like what did you teach me? Because I don’t recall being taught anything! Lol! I used speed edits and his post because I couldn’t figure out rhyme or reason of why cpu used which move in 18 and I had them all zeroed out for all players. I didn’t agree with a lot of the scales and stuff after testing. But all open to interpretation and in eye of beholder in what you want from a sim game.

That being said, if you do that with 18 Let me know! I want to do the same thing only problem is getting all the rookies and new guys missing in 18. If someone had them as caps and entered in I’d keep editing the last 125 players. I believe I had 325 done all scouted when I ended in August. That gameplay for sure spoiled me as well! But at the same time 19 I love the new plays and actions 18 didn’t have. I also love that players behind me don’t equal highly contested shots. The dho’s are better in 19 too. Like I said 2k18.5 I’d have been happy with.
This would be great to me. I'd go back to 18 if I had your edits with the new players added

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-25-2018, 04:06 AM   #24
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know how that skating clipping no defense mess of a game has been the most realistic 2k ever. And I noticed people always like to praise previous game at the expanse of the latest version of the game. During 2k18 cycle people were talking about 2k17 how it was actually better and they missed it even though they didn't like it. I hated 2k18, and I tried freaking everything, defense sliders on 100, literally every one, including the one in myleague where you can set up help defense. I edited players and their attributes, I put on ball defense help defense and pick and roll defense at 100 for all players and it was still too easy for me. The game that has given me the least challenge in my lifetime experience of virtual basketball is 2k18 without a doubt. I had to force myself not to abuse bad help defense, bad pick and roll defense and bad 1 on 1 defense. I had to play the game on my toes constantly worrying about not abusing the CPU. I was frustrated.

Give me 2k19 over it every time. De gustibus non est disputandum, some players prefer 2k18 because you are able to do what you want but if you can restrict yourself from abusing CPU's deficiencies you can have a nice good looking gameplay while others prefer gameplay that is more challenging.

Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »