Home

2019 Realistic Draft Class (Xbox one)

This is a discussion on 2019 Realistic Draft Class (Xbox one) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #41
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: 2019 Realistic Draft Class (Xbox one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Joshua Obiesie (WIP)

How is he coming along?

I appreciate you using your skills for the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #42
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Added

Ayo Dosunmu

Myles Powell

Justin Wright-Foreman vs Cassius Winston

John Konchar

Laurynas Birutis

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK

Last edited by cdk10; 03-12-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #43
MVP

cdk10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
How is he coming along?

I appreciate you using your skills for the community.

TBH I haven't worked on him at all. Looking for more pictures of him. Could use a little feedback... Am I close, way off...?? Same for Dotson

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK

Last edited by cdk10; 03-12-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 AM   #44
MVP

cdk10's Arena

To be clear guys, these CAPs are fully edited (attributes, tendencies, sigs) If a player has " ' " next to their name they haven't been edited. Still looking for more players to add. I'd like to get the full 150 players. Also any feedback on players be it looks or attributes, tendencies or sigs are welcomed.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 03-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #45
Banned

fabritrvdel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
To be clear guys, these CAPs are fully edited (attributes, tendencies, sigs) If a player has " ' " next to their name they haven't been edited. Still looking for more players to add. I'd like to get the full 150 players. Also any feedback on players be it looks or attributes, tendencies or sigs are welcomed.

As I already said this class is amazing. The only things I disagree with are some of the ratings and positions:

1. Culver is probably going top 5 and has shown that he is one of the most versatile and NBA ready players in the class. He has a great all around game, good playmaking and passing ability and projects as a solid defender.

2. Little has been terrible so far. He has low IQ, can't do much on offense and didn't look as athletic as he was expected to be. Overall probably the biggest dissapointment of the class (with Grimes) and will probably drop out of the top 10, if not further.

3. I don't see Zion having MVP potential. He has a really high floor but not a ceiling as high as 95. I should say that those things are hard to predict but it seems like he has some limits both on offense and defense. For example he is just not as good of a project as Doncic is (and was expected to be), and Luka has 93 potential. Simmons has 92 and he's better prospect as well, he als was better when entering the league.

4. Langford has looked pretty good on defense lately, thanks to his size he projects as a good defender at the NBA level.

5. Doumbouya, Hoard and Okpala will probably play as PF.

6. Bitadze looked a ton better than Bassey, who didn't have a good season at all. I wouldn't rate them both at 70 as Bitadze could probably be selected in the lottery and Bassey might not even get drafted. I know people really liked Bassey at the start of the year but he really proved them wrong lol.

7. Hayes should be a low rating/high potential type of pick. He has shown flashes but still looks very raw.

8. I would give Porter Jr a higher potential. Probably one of the highest in the class, although he could be a bust given his poor attitude on and off the floor.

9. King and Washington (him in particular) have first round talent.

Edit: edited the post to make it more readable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #46
MVP

cdk10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabritrv
As I already said this class is amazing. The only things I disagree with are some of the ratings and positions:

1. Culver is probably going top 5 and has shown that he is one of the most versatile and NBA ready players in the class. He has a great all around game, good playmaking and passing ability and projects as a solid defender.

Culver has come on as of late, I need to revisit his ratings

2. Little has been terrible so far. He has low IQ, can't do much on offense and didn't look as athletic as he was expected to be. Overall probably the biggest dissapointment of the class (with Grimes) and will probably drop out of the top 10, if not further.

No way Little drops out of top 10 based on potential alone.
Roy Willliams's system not doing him any favors as well. Will look at his ratings

3. I don't see Zion having MVP potential. He has a really high floor but not a ceiling as high as 95. I should say that those things are hard to predict but it seems like he has some limits both on offense and defense. For example he is just not as good of a project as Doncic is (and was expected to be), and Luka has 93 potential. Simmons has 92 and he's better prospect as well, he als was better when entering the league.

This is where I disagree. "IF" and it is a big if Williamson develops a consistent shot his ceiling is through the roof. I think Doncic will not see a huge improvement for next year as he was better coming out than people gave him credit for (ie. ready to play)

4. Langford has looked pretty good on defense lately, thanks to his size he projects as a good defender at the NBA level.

Will revist Langford. So up and down, hard to get a read on.
Some people are high, I just don't see it

5. Doumbouya, Hoard and Okpala will probably play as PF.

Hoard I haven't fully done, but don't see Okpala at PF.
I think he is more of Ingram type - attacking the basket. (could be wrong)

6. Bitadze looked a ton better than Bassey, who didn't have a good season at all. I wouldn't rate them both at 70 as Bitadze could probably be selected in the lottery and Bassey might not even get drafted. I know people really liked Bassey at the start of the year but he really proved them wrong lol.

Bitzdze is by far the better player right now, but doesn't fit in today's NBA. Bassey, while a disappointment, has potential. Faster, can move his feet, developing jumpshot. Will look at

7. Hayes should be a low rating/high potential type of pick. He has shown flashes but still looks very raw.

Again hard to mix overall with potential and get CPU to draft high.

8. I would give Porter Jr a higher potential. Probably one of the highest in the class, although he could be a bust given his poor attitude on and off the floor.

totally agree. Biggest boom vs bust potential. Personally I think bust, but very talented kid

9. King and Washington (him in particular) have first round talent.

Personally King I don't see, Washington maybe. Undersized and a tweener. I don't doubt Washington though.

Edit: edited the post to make it more readable.
Responses in RED. Thanks for the feedback.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK

Last edited by cdk10; 03-12-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #47
MVP

cdk10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabritrv
As I already said this class is amazing.
Thanks BTW bro...

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 03-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #48
Banned

fabritrvdel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Responses in RED. Thanks for the feedback.

Glad that you're revisiting Culver, he is my favourite player in this class. Also I know, Romeo is so frustrating with his shooting and defense

Regarding Zion: shot is one of those things that players don't develop so easily so it is a huge if. He also doesn't have the IQ and the skills of a Doncic or Simmons at this stage and this will be the biggest issue imo for him when entering the league. The fact that he doesn't have the IQ, post skills or ball handling of those two already makes me rate him below them. He also doesn't have the same passing abilities. I know it's kinda stupid to compare those prospects and Zion could well survive just with his athleticism but I don't ever see him being your first option on offense cause he doesn't have the skills. Can he develop them? Of course, but he needs to work on basically everything, as he doesn't have a strong enough offense despite finishing on the inside, which could be worrying with his wingspan and size given that he'll have to play the PF position.
On defense he will likely never be a plus despite his stats and hustle. Probably not bad either but he is not laterally fast enough to guards SF and G position and doesn't have the wingspan and size to be a plus against bigmans, which could be a problem.
Overall I think he will always be in the 82-90 (which is still worth the 1st pick overall in this class if you ask me) range but I don't ever see him being an MVP candidate despite the hype. If I were a GM willing to take a risk I'd draft Barrett, but the marketing outcome alone would be scary lol.

Regarding Little: I think scouts don't see the potential in him anymore. He used to be compared to Butler or OG Anunoby, now I see him compared to Stanley Johnson. He doesn't have any offensive ability and looked slow at times on the court both on offense and defense, which wasn't expected. His lack of effort had him dropping out of the top 20 on some mocks and I'm not surprised. Currently I think he could go somewhere in between the 10th and 15th pick. He doesn't look like a 3D type of player anymore. but more like an athletic guy who lacks focus and skills. I get it that his potential is interesting but at this point everything else his against him. Tbh I'm more surprised to see him at 75 overall than I would be if he was a 70 overall.

Other players:

1. I think Goga will be fine, his rim protection is where you want it to be at this stage and his passing is surprising. He could fit in the league well imo given how his 3pt shot has improved.
2. Agree on Porter (and I hope he won't be a bust) and Okpala in a Ingram role could be a option, never though about it but it could work despite his recent shooting slump.
3. I don't like King either but this class is really weak overall. PJ instead has been playing well and I've seen him ranked pretty high, higher than guys like Hachimura (who's also a tweener).

Thank you for your time, I like discussing draft related stuff.

Last edited by fabritrvdel; 03-12-2019 at 01:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »