Home

NBA 2K19: 1997-98 Roster for XB1 (WIP)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19: 1997-98 Roster for XB1 (WIP) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K19: 1997-98 Roster for XB1 (WIP)

Hey everyone, I’m back with another major project for retro lovers on the Xbox. My previous projects were 2007, 2010, 2011, and an ultimate retro roster featuring over 95 classic teams.

My next roster planned is one for the 1997-98 NBA season. I just want to make a quick disclaimer: I was too young to follow the NBA during this season, so I’m depending on other people for stats and tendencies for lesser role players or people I may not have heard of.

My plan is to make teams at least 10 deep (up to 4 filler players to reach the 14 needed for MyLeague).

This roster I may need a little more help on because like I said, I wasn’t following the NBA around this time. I’m really good from about 2002+.

I’ve already used tons of creations from others as well as my own, so most of the players are ready to be put in the roster.

In order to reach my goal of every team to have at least 10 players, this is a list of players I’d need help with:

Michael Curry- MIL
Armen Gilliam- MIL
Elliot Perry- MIL
Cedric Henderson- CLE
Danny Ferry- CLE
Richard Dumas-CLE
Loy Vaught- LAC
Pooh Richardson- LAC
Darrick Martin- LAC
Blue Edwards- VAN
Tyrone Corbin- MIA
Billy Owens-SAC
Michael Stewart- SAC
Chris Mills- NYK
Gerald Wilkins- ORL
Derek Strong-ORL
Michael Cage- NJN
Jayson Williams- NJN
Chris Gatling- NJN
Dean Garrett- DEN
Anthony Goldwire-DEN
Malik Sealy- DET
Anthony Peeler- MIN
Sam Mitchell- MIN
Chris Carr- MIN
Cherokee Parks- MIN
Terry Davis- WAS

Another disclaimer for all you Sim-heads: I don’t usually mess a lot with tendencies outside of shots and touches and I’m not usually great with playbooks. I’m really good at putting the rosters together, but I haven’t quite mastered 2k’s unreliable sim engine.

These rosters are passion projects of mine and while I typically pay great attention to detail, they may not be 100% perfect.

You can search my GT: Thunder Shaq to see my previous works.

I usually hesitate on announcing my projects before completion because I don’t like to keep people waiting, but I’ve finished projects pretty quick and I need some help.

edit: I recorded a quick breakdown of the roster if you wanted a preview

Last edited by Plumdog Millionaire; 11-18-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
MVP

Re: NBA 2K19: 1997-98 Roster for XB1 (WIP)

Here is a follow up post of all the teams and where they on the roster:

76ers- 2001 76ers
Bucks- All-time Bucks
Bulls- 1998 Bulls
Cavaliers- 1990 Cavs
Celtics- All-time Celtics
Clippers- All-time Clippers
Grizzlies- All-time Grizzlies
Hawks- All-time Hawks
Heat- 1997 Heat
Hornets- All-time Hornets
Jazz- 1998 Jazz
Kings- All-Time Kings
Knicks- 1999 Knicks
Lakers- 1998 Lakers
Magic- 1995 Magic
Mavericks- All-time Mavericks
Nets- 2002 Nets
Nuggets- 1994 Nuggets
Pacers- All-time Pacers
Pelicans- Current Pelicans (filler players)
Pistons- All-time Pistons
Raptors- 2000 Raptors
Rockets- All-time Rockets
Spurs- 1998 Spurs
Suns- All-time Suns
Sonics- 1996 Sonics
Timberwolves- All-time Wolves
Trail Blazers- 2000 Blazers
Warriors- 2007 Warriors
Wizards- All-time Wizards
Old 11-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Rookie

CelticBalla32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire
Hey everyone, I’m back with another major project for retro lovers on the Xbox. My previous projects were 2007, 2010, 2011, and an ultimate retro roster featuring over 95 classic teams.

My next roster planned is one for the 1997-98 NBA season. I just want to make a quick disclaimer: I was too young to follow the NBA during this season, so I’m depending on other people for stats and tendencies for lesser role players or people I may not have heard of.

My plan is to make teams at least 10 deep (up to 4 filler players to reach the 14 needed for MyLeague).

This roster I may need a little more help on because like I said, I wasn’t following the NBA around this time. I’m really good from about 2002+.

I’ve already used tons of creations from others as well as my own, so most of the players are ready to be put in the roster.

In order to reach my goal of every team to have at least 10 players, this is a list of players I’d need help with:

Michael Curry- MIL
Armen Gilliam- MIL
Elliot Perry- MIL
Cedric Henderson- CLE
Danny Ferry- CLE
Richard Dumas-CLE
Loy Vaught- LAC
Pooh Richardson- LAC
Darrick Martin- LAC
Blue Edwards- VAN
Tyrone Corbin- MIA
Billy Owens-SAC
Michael Stewart- SAC
Chris Mills- NYK
Gerald Wilkins- ORL
Derek Strong-ORL
Michael Cage- NJN
Jayson Williams- NJN
Chris Gatling- NJN
Dean Garrett- DEN
Anthony Goldwire-DEN
Malik Sealy- DET
Anthony Peeler- MIN
Sam Mitchell- MIN
Chris Carr- MIN
Cherokee Parks- MIN
Terry Davis- WAS

Another disclaimer for all you Sim-heads: I don’t usually mess a lot with tendencies outside of shots and touches and I’m not usually great with playbooks. I’m really good at putting the rosters together, but I haven’t quite mastered 2k’s unreliable sim engine.

These rosters are passion projects of mine and while I typically pay great attention to detail, they may not be 100% perfect.

I usually hesitate on announcing my projects before completion because I don’t like to keep people waiting, but I’ve finished projects pretty quick and I need some help.
Thank you! You're an animal. You helped me a lot so now I can help you a bit.

I have some of those players on my roster file (gamertag BO0MSHAKALAKA34 (the second 0 is a zero)

Jayson Williams
Chris Mills
Anthony Peeler
Chris Gatling

I might have Michael Stewart too
Old 11-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
MVP

Thank you so much. I’ve exported the DNA of quite a few of your players on your 2003 roster. You’ve helped me a lot!
Old 11-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
Rookie

robdog1330's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire

Michael Curry- MIL
Armen Gilliam- MIL
Elliot Perry- MIL
Cedric Henderson- CLE
Danny Ferry- CLE
Richard Dumas-CLE
Loy Vaught- LAC
Pooh Richardson- LAC
Darrick Martin- LAC
Blue Edwards- VAN
Tyrone Corbin- MIA
Billy Owens-SAC
Michael Stewart- SAC
Chris Mills- NYK
Gerald Wilkins- ORL
Derek Strong-ORL
Michael Cage- NJN
Jayson Williams- NJN
Chris Gatling- NJN
Dean Garrett- DEN
Anthony Goldwire-DEN
Malik Sealy- DET
Anthony Peeler- MIN
Sam Mitchell- MIN
Chris Carr- MIN
Cherokee Parks- MIN
Terry Davis- WAS

I have a Loy Vaught on the All-Time Clippers with attributes (you should lower the attributes for your 97-98 roster because his ratings are based on his peak season) on my roster with the link under my signature! Good luck on this roster; super excited to see the finished product!

New York Giants
Golden State Warriors
New York Yankees

XBONE GT: NourishedRock4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #6
MVP

8 teams done:

Bulls
Jazz
Pacers
Lakers
Suns
Cavaliers
Knicks
Spurs

Last edited by Plumdog Millionaire; 11-10-2018 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
MVP

Cleared out the free agency list so that only recently retired or players that were overseas in 1998 would be available. You shouldn’t see current players getting signed to 2 way contracts in MyLeague this way.

Also, this is the list of players that I still need to make to ensure deep rosters:
Elliot Perry- MIL
Pooh Richardson- LAC
Darrick Martin- LAC
Michael Stewart- SAC
Derek Strong-ORL
Michael Cage- NJN
Dean Garrett- DEN
Anthony Goldwire-DEN
Malik Sealy- DET
Terry Davis- WAS
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C7D6AA82-52F2-4A6C-B659-26DD7173C26B.jpeg (265.3 KB, 154 views)
Old 11-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #8
MVP

We’ve hit a snag. I’ve been testing MyLeagues and it would crash right after I selected my teams.

I looked up to see the problem and I guess deleting the free agency list causes problems. So, I added more players to free agency.

Now it gets past the team selection screen, but it is crashing when selecting a draft class.

Not sure what to do. The purpose of this roster is to work in MyLeague so this is a massive problem.

Edit: just attempted to start a MyLeague with none of the all-time teams and it didn’t crash. So I’ll be moving all the team in all-time team slots to current slots or retro team slots and see what happens.

Last edited by Plumdog Millionaire; 11-11-2018 at 09:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »