Home

What are you guys seeing as far as AI double-teams against low-post mismatches?

This is a discussion on What are you guys seeing as far as AI double-teams against low-post mismatches? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-23-2019, 06:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What are you guys seeing as far as AI double-teams against low-post mismatches?

I've talked about this problem in the Impressions thread, but I want to solve the problem so bad that I decided to make a thread for it.

Here's what I'm seeing consistently, testing my Lakers against the AI Warriors, with Curry defending Anthony Davis in the post:

No double-team whatsoever. Calling that easy money would be an understatement, considering that the Warriors pretty much switch everything 1-4 at all times. Kind of game-breaking for me.

Is anyone else seeing this? I keep hearing that people are seeing bigs (even AD in particular) being double-teamed in similar situations, but I literally haven't seen it once.

The only player I've seen get doubled in the post (in games I've played) is Shaq. I don't know what it is about him, but not Kareem/Cousins/AD, that makes the AI double-team.

Any thoughts? This is default rosters, Superstar default BTW.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 09-23-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Rookie

studdley_'s Arena

Re: What are you guys seeing as far as AI double-teams against low-post mismatches?

I just finished playing a whole wcf series with the 13-14 spurs facing the 13-14 clippers and every time chris paul was put in the post with tim duncan it was an immediate double team. could either be just you experiencing the non double team call or it could just be tim duncan and shaq that draw double team attention in the post
Old 09-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #3
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What are you guys seeing as far as AI double-teams against low-post mismatches?

I'm playing a classic teams season with the '01 Lakers:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049917553

Shaq gets double teamed in the low post constantly, and they are not 'dumb' double teams, they come fast and they always leave the worst outside shooter open.

Once Shaq takes a rest, I need to double guys like Hakeem, Moses, Duncan (most classic teams have good low post players) but my double teams in the low post don't come so fast or aren't that effective.
When Shaq goes to the bench and Kobe is scoring, he gets double teamed in the low-post as well.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 09-25-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

, double teams ;

Certain players do not seem to get a double team very often

Possible solution : You can set double-team post on the Defensive settings or during the timeout you can do the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I posted this in another thread — See below:

Check in the timeout gameplanning section at the bottom. From there, go to defensive game plan and focus on a specific player. You can do all the stuff from last year but also do transition options as well.
** Its at the very end of the focus settings.

Last edited by Agame; 09-24-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
Possible solution : You can set double-team post on the Defensive settings
I actually tried this, and they still refused to double him. Kinda driving me crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I've talked about this problem in the Impressions thread, but I want to solve the problem so bad that I decided to make a thread for it.

Here's what I'm seeing consistently, testing my Lakers against the AI Warriors, with Curry defending Anthony Davis in the post:

No double-team whatsoever. Calling that easy money would be an understatement, considering that the Warriors pretty much switch everything 1-4 at all times. Kind of game-breaking for me.

Is anyone else seeing this? I keep hearing that people are seeing bigs (even AD in particular) being double-teamed in similar situations, but I literally haven't seen it once.

The only player I've seen get doubled in the post (in games I've played) is Shaq. I don't know what it is about him, but not Kareem/Cousins/AD, that makes the AI double-team.

Any thoughts? This is default rosters, Superstar default BTW.
I saw that A LOT.
You have to drastically drop Interior Defence, Strength and maybe even Contest Shot(I did) ratings to all Warriors backcourt players.
And then LBJ and AD will always be mismatches in the post for GS defense.
Raise also AD Post Moves above 90 (consider this rating as a sort of "Post Threat" rating).
Old 09-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
I saw that A LOT.
You have to drastically drop Interior Defence, Strength and maybe even Contest Shot(I did) ratings to all Warriors backcourt players.
And then LBJ and AD will always be mismatches in the post for GS defense.
Raise also AD Post Moves above 90 (consider this rating as a sort of "Post Threat" rating).
No luck with this, either. Did it work for you?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
No luck with this, either. Did it work for you?
Yes, that's why I suggested you those changes.
Everytime LBJ or AD are back to basket against Curry, KT or DR the double team is triggered immediately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »