Home

Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

This is a discussion on Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 07:18 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordflaecko
Btw, which one am I going to use for Drive and Dish? The original or the alt? Thanks
Always the original. I just keep the alt on the spreadsheet for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
I played against the Lakers and Green shot everytime he touched the ball especially from 3
What sliders are you using? That seems weird, because he only has a 20 close and 15 Mid. He does have 3PT tendencies in the 90s, but the only times he should be touching the ball in position to shoot are on kickouts or in transition (the 20 Touches tendency should make that happen), and you should be able to keep him from shooting if you close out hard or don't leave him open off the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall_Gilbert
Hey man you have done an awesome job so far! If you need help I would love to help and can you give updates on what you're working on or looking at?
I appreciate the offer, and I'll definitely keep it in mind. I may or may not need help, I'll get back to you on that.

I could update you guys more specifically in the OP if you want; let you know which new formulas I'm tinkering with, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Yeah, but shot tendency is only related to sim stat engine, shot location is related to in game propensity to take shots from those locations.
That's a good point. I think this might be the reason I never got around to doing Shot Tendency.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 07-27-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #34
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Made a spreadsheet for what I consider the most important tendencies. Feedback?

I'll check my sliders that may be the problem

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 04:54 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Always the original. I just keep the alt on the spreadsheet for myself.

What sliders are you using? That seems weird, because he only has a 20 close and 15 Mid. He does have 3PT tendencies in the 90s, but the only times he should be touching the ball in position to shoot are on kickouts or in transition (the 20 Touches tendency should make that happen), and you should be able to keep him from shooting if you close out hard or don't leave him open off the ball.

I appreciate the offer, and I'll definitely keep it in mind. I may or may not need help, I'll get back to you on that.

I could update you guys more specifically in the OP if you want; let you know which new formulas I'm tinkering with, etc.

That's a good point. I think this might be the reason I never got around to doing Shot Tendency.
I would love to know what new formulas you're tinkering with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 12:23 AM   #36
Rookie

Hey, quick question. Do you recommend we copy the A/O or leave it the way it is? For example, Anthony Davis having 0 A/O really affected his performance based on a CPU vs CPU 12 mins game.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:58 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
I would love to know what new formulas you're tinkering with
I can see what I can do about that. Will let you guys know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordflaecko
Hey, quick question. Do you recommend we copy the A/O or leave it the way it is? For example, Anthony Davis having 0 A/O really affected his performance based on a CPU vs CPU 12 mins game.
I'd definitely recommend keeping it at default. I might create a scale per position until I'm able to get all the Alley Oop stats in the spreadsheet, but until then, the default is better than a 0 for almost everyone. Sorry about that.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I can see what I can do about that. Will let you guys know.

I'd definitely recommend keeping it at default. I might create a scale per position until I'm able to get all the Alley Oop stats in the spreadsheet, but until then, the default is better than a 0 for almost everyone. Sorry about that.
Hey, it's okay bro! Thank you so much for always answering my questions. Looking forward to your updates.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:55 PM   #39
Rookie

Question! For position scales, are the values the value that those positions cap at? or are they the minimum of that specific tendency? or am I just all wrong with my questions? lol
Old 08-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Question! For position scales, are the values the value that those positions cap at? or are they the minimum of that specific tendency? or am I just all wrong with my questions? lol
Those are actually the exact values I'm using for each position. So all PGs have a 50 Sizeup, etc.

I do make exceptions for certain players, but I haven't gotten a chance to write them down yet. I'll try to get on that soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »