Home

JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

JB continuing to bring the HEAT!
Old 10-24-2019, 09:14 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0

With a mustache like that, Spencer Nixon is everything I want in a 1st round pick. Absolutely love his look. Gives me the “most hated player on the court” vibe
Old 10-26-2019, 10:34 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 3

Fun second class, thanks JB. Had the 8th pick in my Grizz franchise, and took Zain Shipp to backup my backcourt of Ja Morant and Desmond Cooper. Might also let him play some 3 in some undersized units.

Not the best positional fit but at that point it was a little thin at SF, which is really the only major position of need for me right now. Have a solid front court of the future with Jaren Jackson and Elton Dawkins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 3

JB, hope you don't view this as me hijacking this thread, but given everyone's knowledge of your classes in here, would be interested in getting some feedback.

I'm in Season 3 of my Grizzlies franchise. I try to take a realistic approach on trades and signings, and in the offseason I do a 32-team control to build each team to the best of my ability, with their title/contending windows in mind.

As I begin Year 3, I'm lead by Ja Morant, Desmond Cooper, Jaren Jackson and Elton Dawkins. Cooper and Dawkins are from DC1.

I'm now realizing that I would be able to package Jackson + Dawkins + 3 future first round picks for Karl Anthony Towns, giving me a true Big 3. My question is.... is it realistic?

Jackson is 22, high potential, and is upset in Memphis given he's the third option. He averaged 25.8 in his sophomore year but has regressed since then. Last year only 17.7, and through 5 games this year only 14.4. He will be an RFA this offseason.

Dawkins is 20 and showed promise as a rookie, making the all rookie second team. The former #11 pick averaged 10/6 off the bench last year and is off to a great start now as a starter averaging 14/8. If the league redrafted that class today, he would like be a Top 5-8 selection.

KAT is obviously a beast in Minnesota, but at 25 has not made an All NBA team in either of the past two seasons. He has 3 years left on his contract, but his player card indicates that he's considering testing free agency at that point.

Minnesota went all-in last season, but finished with a 39-43 record and narrowly missed the playoffs. They traded Wiggins for Chris Paul and his massive contract, and then signed Paul Millsap to an MLE. Part of the reason they traded Wiggins was they had the #2 pick in that draft, which they used on SF Kareem Livingston, who averaged 17.8 as a rookie and appears to be a future 2 way star. Jarrett Culver is another young wing talent.

Paul and Millsap expire after this year, and Minnesota will have a max slot available at that point, but it's tough to get a premium FA there.

As I type this I do realize that Minnesota probably wouldn't want to trade Towns at this time... he's got 3 years left, and they should probably want to make one last run toward the playoffs with Paul and Millsap on the roster.

But if this year goes south and they don't make the playoffs, is it realistic to execute this trade in the offseason? This would give Minnesota a core of 4 players under 25 (Culver, Livingston, JJJr, Dawkins) + all those picks, and maximum value back for Towns before he potentially bolts two seasons later.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
JB, hope you don't view this as me hijacking this thread, but given everyone's knowledge of your classes in here, would be interested in getting some feedback.

I'm in Season 3 of my Grizzlies franchise. I try to take a realistic approach on trades and signings, and in the offseason I do a 32-team control to build each team to the best of my ability, with their title/contending windows in mind.

As I begin Year 3, I'm lead by Ja Morant, Desmond Cooper, Jaren Jackson and Elton Dawkins. Cooper and Dawkins are from DC1.

I'm now realizing that I would be able to package Jackson + Dawkins + 3 future first round picks for Karl Anthony Towns, giving me a true Big 3. My question is.... is it realistic?

Jackson is 22, high potential, and is upset in Memphis given he's the third option. He averaged 25.8 in his sophomore year but has regressed since then. Last year only 17.7, and through 5 games this year only 14.4. He will be an RFA this offseason.

Dawkins is 20 and showed promise as a rookie, making the all rookie second team. The former #11 pick averaged 10/6 off the bench last year and is off to a great start now as a starter averaging 14/8. If the league redrafted that class today, he would like be a Top 5-8 selection.

KAT is obviously a beast in Minnesota, but at 25 has not made an All NBA team in either of the past two seasons. He has 3 years left on his contract, but his player card indicates that he's considering testing free agency at that point.

Minnesota went all-in last season, but finished with a 39-43 record and narrowly missed the playoffs. They traded Wiggins for Chris Paul and his massive contract, and then signed Paul Millsap to an MLE. Part of the reason they traded Wiggins was they had the #2 pick in that draft, which they used on SF Kareem Livingston, who averaged 17.8 as a rookie and appears to be a future 2 way star. Jarrett Culver is another young wing talent.

Paul and Millsap expire after this year, and Minnesota will have a max slot available at that point, but it's tough to get a premium FA there.

As I type this I do realize that Minnesota probably wouldn't want to trade Towns at this time... he's got 3 years left, and they should probably want to make one last run toward the playoffs with Paul and Millsap on the roster.

But if this year goes south and they don't make the playoffs, is it realistic to execute this trade in the offseason? This would give Minnesota a core of 4 players under 25 (Culver, Livingston, JJJr, Dawkins) + all those picks, and maximum value back for Towns before he potentially bolts two seasons later.
Seems like a fair trade to me, they (Timberwolves) might be getting the better end of the deal in the long run.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #78
Pro

McDonalds All-American Game Results

East Team Pos School FG-FGA 3P-3PA FT-FTA Rebounds Assists Steals Blocks Points Turnovers
N. Harrington PG Duke 6-14 0-3 2-3 1 4 1 0 14 2
L. Franco SG Kentucky 7-15 1-4 1-2 1 2 0 0 16 2
C. Yates F Michigan State 5-11 1-3 1-1 4 2 1 0 12 1
K. Wallace PF Louisville 3-4 0-0 0-1 9 0 1 2 6 1
A. Robinson C Kentucky 6-10 0-0 2-2 8 1 0 2 14 2
Bench

D. Washington PG Michigan State 5-12 2-5 1-2 1 4 0 0 13 2
K. Moss SG Duke 4-9 3-5 2-2 1 1 1 0 13 1
G. Wise SF Michigan 2-6 0-2 1-1 5 3 2 0 5 0
V.J. Thibodeau PF Virginia 3-8 0-1 1-3 8 1 1 1 7 1
L. Archibald C Oklahoma 4-6 0-0 0-1 9 1 0 2 8 0
Totals

45-95 7-23 11-18 47 19 7 7 108 12

West Team Pos School FG-FGA 3P-3PA FT-FTA Rebounds Assists Steals Blocks Points Turnovers
Q. Mason PG Alabama 4-11 0-2 1-2 2 6 1 0 9 3
L. Carson SG Villanova 2-9 0-4 0-0 1 2 1 0 4 2
J. Taylor F Overseas 5-13 2-4 3-4 2 1 1 0 15 2
M. Hampton F UCLA 11-17 1-4 3-3 4 2 1 1 26 2
G. Nicholson C FSU 2-4 0-0 0-1 11 1 0 3 4 2
Bench

J. Rolle PG California 8-14 2-6 2-3 1 6 2 0 20 1
Curtis Sutton SG SDSU 2-7 0-1 0-0 1 3 0 0 4 1
J. Claver SF California 5-8 2-2 1-1 2 1 1 0 13 0
A. Gatling PF Stanford 3-5 0-0 0-1 8 1 0 3 6 1
C. Theus PF UNC 4-11 0-1 1-2 8 1 0 2 9 1
Totals

46-99 7-24 11-17 40 24 7 9 110 15
Marcel Hampton is the MVP of the game

Old 11-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #79
Pro

Pre-Season Rankings
Rank School Name
1 UNC
2 Michigan
3 Gonzaga
4 Kansas
5 Duke
6 Kentucky
7 Michigan State
8 Oregon
9 Indiana
10 UCLA
11 West Virginia
12 Wisconsin
13 Ohio State
14 Purdue
15 Syracuse
16 Tennessee
17 Texas Tech
18 Texas
19 Louisville
20 LSU
21 Baylor
22 Florida State
23 Maryland
24 North Carolina State
25 Villanova
Old 11-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #80
Pro

November Notes:

Recruit signing update: Kentucky was able to make an early splash signed #4 ranked recruit, SG Savion White; while Duke landed the #6, #7 and #17 ranked recruits: PF Isaak Stevens and Center Davin Underwood along with PF Aldo Haston. #8 Recruit—SF C.J. Blackwell has signed with Texas; and #10 ranked Shea Fridzon (PG) signed with Kansas.

International News: SF Jontay Taylor has had a rough start to his season overseas—he’s averaging just 7.5 ppg through the first month of the season. 18 year old forward Mateo Delgado from Spain has jumped up to the #1 international prospect; and could possibly be the #1 pick in the upcoming draft. Two years ago he was a guard, so he has guard-like skills in a 6’10 body. Scouts are very intrigued.

#10 UCLA has high hopes this year with the return of PG William Flowers, and the addition of the #1 high school recruit SF Marcel Hampton; they also brought in PF Diego Rosario from the Dominican Republic. SF Marcel Hampton has a great first game—scoring a game high 28 points in the win, and he’s averaging 24.5 points per game through the Bruins first seven game. They’re 7-0 and have moved up from #10 to #3.

#1 Ranked UNC remains in the top stop after going 7-0 in November. They have a deep team this year and are considered one of the favorites to win it all. Freshman PF Caron Theus has stepped in as the team’s #1 option on offense. He’s averaging 18 points per game through November.

Duke moves up to #2 after going 7-0 in November. Top recruit PG Nico Harrington has done a great job coming in and becoming a leader on this team from day one. He’s a great floor general and has done an excellent job running the Duke offense.

Kentucky was able to recruit 2 of the top 3 centers in the nation, however, playing time for center Jared Jennings has been a bit of a problem since they have been putting both of them on the floor at the same time and center Amir Roberson has been so good early on its hard for them to take him out of the game. Roberson is an ideal big man for the modern game—length, mobility, skill, offensive post game, rebounds, passes…he could be in play as the top pick in the draft this year.

Last year’s National Champion’s Michigan State lost a bunch of key players to the NBA and started off ranked #7 in the preseason. They’ve fallen down to #15 after starting the season 5-2. They’ll need their freshman to step up for them this season. SF Clifton Yates was a top 10 prospect—and he’s had a bit of a slow start with just 12 points per game through November.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »