Home

JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JB's 2k20 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

JB, just wanted to give you a thank you for a great first class. Had the #1 pick with the Grizz and it was a very tough decision. Initially thought it would be Livingston based on your writeups, but really needed shooting. Mobley was intriguing. And I was a bit scared about Cooper's age and likely lack of elite upside, but ultimately I went with the guard from Fresno State with the #1 pick.

I also had the #13 pick. Was really hoping for Julius Walker to fall there, and was shocked when he started falling to the late lottery. But ultimately the Mavs scooped him up with the #11 pick. They now have an intriguing front court with Luka, KP and Walker.

Elton Dawkins from Kentucky was still on the board for me at #13, and I'm glad he was. He's been a pleasant surprise backing up JV, and looks to be my Center of the future.

Playing every third game, I'm now at the All Star break with a 27-26 record, good for 7th in the West. Cooper has been excellent, averaging more than 24 ppg, creating a dynamic back court with Morant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
JB, just wanted to give you a thank you for a great first class. Had the #1 pick with the Grizz and it was a very tough decision. Initially thought it would be Livingston based on your writeups, but really needed shooting. Mobley was intriguing. And I was a bit scared about Cooper's age and likely lack of elite upside, but ultimately I went with the guard from Fresno State with the #1 pick.

I also had the #13 pick. Was really hoping for Julius Walker to fall there, and was shocked when he started falling to the late lottery. But ultimately the Mavs scooped him up with the #11 pick. They now have an intriguing front court with Luka, KP and Walker.

Elton Dawkins from Kentucky was still on the board for me at #13, and I'm glad he was. He's been a pleasant surprise backing up JV, and looks to be my Center of the future.

Playing every third game, I'm now at the All Star break with a 27-26 record, good for 7th in the West. Cooper has been excellent, averaging more than 24 ppg, creating a dynamic back court with Morant.

Morant and Cooper sounds like an elite back court for the next 10 years. I ended up with the #4 pick and snagged Tre Hunter and I couldn’t be more excited. He was my #1 prospect on my big board. Later in the lottery I took Colt Paxton, and at the end of the first I took Lincoln Andrews and Stanley Hawkins.

Love what I have in Tre Hunter as a starter and Hawkins off the bench, but I need to see more from Paxton and Andrews. It has made my Kansas City expansion so much fun.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
Morant and Cooper sounds like an elite back court for the next 10 years. I ended up with the #4 pick and snagged Tre Hunter and I couldn’t be more excited. He was my #1 prospect on my big board. Later in the lottery I took Colt Paxton, and at the end of the first I took Lincoln Andrews and Stanley Hawkins.

Love what I have in Tre Hunter as a starter and Hawkins off the bench, but I need to see more from Paxton and Andrews. It has made my Kansas City expansion so much fun.
Its very nice, just an abundance of playmaking and shot creating. Not the best defensively, however. Morant is so-so, but Cooper is a sieve.

Tre Hunter is another prospect I was very intrigued by. The Suns snagged him at #12, one spot ahead of me, and that's a fun back court with Booker. Had I taken Mobley, I would have hoped for Hunter with my second pick.

Currently my roster is:

PG - Ja Morant
SG - Desmond Cooper
SF - Taurien Prince
PF - Jaren Jackson Jr
C - Jonas Valencunas

G/F - Bogdan Bogdonovic
G - Tyus Jones
PF - Brandon Clarke
C - Elton Dawkins

I own the Wizards top-3 protected pick next year, and they currently are about the 8/9 worst team in the league, so eager to see what DC2 has for me to fill this roster out
Old 10-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Its very nice, just an abundance of playmaking and shot creating. Not the best defensively, however. Morant is so-so, but Cooper is a sieve.

Tre Hunter is another prospect I was very intrigued by. The Suns snagged him at #12, one spot ahead of me, and that's a fun back court with Booker. Had I taken Mobley, I would have hoped for Hunter with my second pick.

Currently my roster is:

PG - Ja Morant
SG - Desmond Cooper
SF - Taurien Prince
PF - Jaren Jackson Jr
C - Jonas Valencunas

G/F - Bogdan Bogdonovic
G - Tyus Jones
PF - Brandon Clarke
C - Elton Dawkins

I own the Wizards top-3 protected pick next year, and they currently are about the 8/9 worst team in the league, so eager to see what DC2 has for me to fill this roster out
That's insane that he fell to 12. The guy I was surprised that fell in mine was the Center from South Carolina. Had I been #1 I was taking Tre Hunter no doubt. For my style of play I need an athletic PG that can shoot, so Tre was perfect.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:59 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
That's insane that he fell to 12. The guy I was surprised that fell in mine was the Center from South Carolina. Had I been #1 I was taking Tre Hunter no doubt. For my style of play I need an athletic PG that can shoot, so Tre was perfect.
Yeah that’s Julius Walker, he fell to 11 to the Mavs I n mine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #46
Rookie

Bump.

DC1 is fantastic. Be sure to check it out and tel others. Can’t wait to see DC2.

I enjoy hearing about how others view the draft and the way it plays out in each individual basis.

Tre Hunter has me very intrigued. Not sure what to think of him.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigc45157
Bump.

DC1 is fantastic. Be sure to check it out and tel others. Can’t wait to see DC2.

I enjoy hearing about how others view the draft and the way it plays out in each individual basis.

Tre Hunter has me very intrigued. Not sure what to think of him.
Yes! This thread has been a bit quiet so far, but I think that's because the NBA season hasn't even started yet. Do hope that JB knows how much these classes are appreciated.

I play 1 in ever 3 games in my MyLeague, and with 15 games remaining I was 32-35 and 2 games back of the 8th seed. I decided to play out the season from there, and have dropped 2 of the 3, but have an easy stretch the rest of the way. Hoping I can go 9-3 to finish, and maybe sneak in. Won't be easy with the sliders I'm playing with.

Absolutely having the most fun I've ever had playing a solo franchise, and JB's classes are a huge part of that.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #48
Rookie

I play 32 team control with the mindset of watching how the landscape of the league can develop in 5-10 seasons. I, too, thoroughly enjoy these classes and without them I would probably stick to the previous year’s release.

The detail of incoming rookies is key for me so that the future seasons can have personality and I can create a connection with the players. The scouting reports provide a level of realism that is usually difficult to achieve with fictional players.

JB is a top notch creator!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »