Home

Official Nba Roster 2020

This is a discussion on Official Nba Roster 2020 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #57
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official Nba Roster 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
tested also in default superstar, seems badges were also a bit modified
Im testing it on superstar making adjustments to the sliders jump shots for user and CPU it's been hard to get a consistent shot going either ways because hof neither teams would make jump shots consistently
Old 10-01-2019, 06:41 PM   #58
Pro

and what do you think about the general pace of the game? don't you think players move too slowly?

quick question: about this driving runs from PGs, I didn't test it yet but in controller setting menu, there is a help or assist intensity defense parameter. do you think it can help?

if you're making adjustements based on superstar, that means that when we will load your sliders, we should first put the difficulty setting on superstar instead of HOF?
Old 10-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #59
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
and what do you think about the general pace of the game? don't you think players move too slowly?

quick question: about this driving runs from PGs, I didn't test it yet but in controller setting menu, there is a help or assist intensity defense parameter. do you think it can help?

if you're making adjustements based on superstar, that means that when we will load your sliders, we should first put the difficulty setting on superstar instead of HOF?
No it will be sync into the slider setting hof is not even letting the CPU make shots you know I want sim basketball I just want a variety of shots going in consistently and the overall percentage around 40-50% and 3s around 30-40% with a nice number of them made
Old 10-02-2019, 04:17 AM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
No it will be sync into the slider setting hof is not even letting the CPU make shots
not sure I totally understood your reply sorry... that means still staying with default hof setting then load your slider set? (I mean the sync into the slider setting HOF)
Old 10-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #61
Pro

Just tested again a golden state (me) vs rockets (cpu) with last roster set (pre season) and slider set

- using superstar setting than loaded the slider set
space between players are larger, no real movement of the ball, it's most a possession from players when they have the ball, especially from PG and SG resulting again in a lot of driving run and lay up or dunk.
Offensive rebound is way too high, the Capella just attempted puntback all the time
as a result, huge number of shot 30-35 shots per quarter !!!
huge number of pip
% stats are however good

- using HOF setting than loaded the slider set
same result than before except the space between players is reduced inducing more passes between players but again when PG or SG have the ball, the driving run follows...
again, huge number of shots and point in paints but stats remain good

--> in both case, they don't play the clock, they generally try to shoot between 10-20sec
--> players are like they are in lead, they are stucked and cannot run at all, if you press the sprint button or not, it's the same, especially in counter attack from cpu
--> in HOF (second game i tested), game is also slower than in superstar resulting in some king of stuttering... I don't know why...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #62
Just started!

OVR: 0

As someone who rates Curry high, I’m wondering if his decrease to 93 OVR is just an effect of more realistic attributes, or if you feel he’s too overrated individually by 2K.

I see you have a formula by stats and I want to know how it has affected his rating

Keep up the good work
Old 10-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #63
Pro

did a nice discovery about driving runs,

need only to press left trigger and to stay around 1m from the opponent and it works well even with strong pg because they hesitate to drive or to shoot

now biggest hesiation is in the settings menu to put superstar or HOF and then in the slider menu to load your sliders.

with superstar, there are more space but seems to play more realisticly. your feeling about it?
Old 10-04-2019, 06:49 AM   #64
Pro

ok now that I tested more deeply, these are my final feedbacks (difficulty superstar than loaded your slider set + roster set)

- general feeling first is that game is scripted like hell. For some games, cpu is playing with 100% shot success rate and can have 12 points in less than 2min, other games, they can miss everything.
This script is also noticeable when human player wants to drive after some dribbles, you even don't need to touch the controller and he's moving alone...

- general speed of the game is ok but when human player misses a shot, there is the counter attack of cpu. At this moment, human player and AI teamates don't run at all, it's like they are attached to a cannonball. Even by pressing the sprint trigger, it doesn't change nothing. If it is ok for Center and PF, this is not possible for SF, SG and PG.

- lack of focus of the human AI teamates when they need to defend resulting in space in the paint for alley oop or simple pass. It happens too frequently.

- Even by respecting the tactics (playvision on the floor), the pace of the game is not that fluid. weird animations occur especially when there are collisions between players resulting in lots of illegal screens which is not all the time the case. Besides, wide open spaces like it happens in nba don't really happen here.

- about driving, even if I tested lots of different things, i saw many issues. First, when you are in front of the cpu, generally you take a low stance and use the sprint button to be in front of the opponent.
you can also come close to him and use the right stick to enter in the collision mode (but it doesn't work here !!!, don't ask me why but this collision mode doesn't appear. It only appears when cpu is trying to make a drive). As a result, it is impossible to contain cpu players who are driving, but it is also the same for cpu against us.
As I said yesterday, when staying at distance, cpu hesitates more.
When defending another opponent, cpu doesn't try to drive so ofently but again whenhe tries to drive, it works very well, even with cpu vs cpu.

I also tested this intense D defending (I put the slider at 50 instead of 0). it solves a little bit the issue, it seems. I don't know if it is a placebo effect or not.

So, please Tim, if you can check all these things and tell me your feedbacks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »