Home

AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's

This is a discussion on AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #17
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Did you adjust the players tendencies?
I haven't touched tendencies for modern teams, made small adjustments to shot tendencies/touches for guys like Magic Johnson, otherwise he shoots 25 times a game. But my plan is to be very careful about touching tendencies because Czar has mentioned a few times that when he sees roster editors make changes to some unnamed attributes/tendencies he cringes from knowing things we don't know about how those changes will affect the game.

So right now I just want to focus on getting shot contest tendencies, foul tendencies and Take Charge tendencies accurate. And then I also think I will lower shot close/mid league wide because I do think teams shoot too many shots from those areas when you look at the end of season shot charts.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #18
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I noticed Greg Oden has ridiculously inaccurate three point shooting tendencies...went through and updated that in the latest upload.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Really curious with what you are doing for 3pt FG% when simming. I changed the sim sliders to match 2018-19 league averages after the first season. However, individual players are all over the place and no where near last year. For example Harden in his first year sim will hit about .440 from 3pt range while last season he hit .368, a very big jump. So this tells me that the elite guys (with a lot of badges) have inflated numbers while non-elites have depressed numbers.

I would love to use your roster if you can get this fixed. Any thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-10-2019, 12:30 AM   #20
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
Really curious with what you are doing for 3pt FG% when simming. I changed the sim sliders to match 2018-19 league averages after the first season. However, individual players are all over the place and no where near last year. For example Harden in his first year sim will hit about .440 from 3pt range while last season he hit .368, a very big jump. So this tells me that the elite guys (with a lot of badges) have inflated numbers while non-elites have depressed numbers.

I would love to use your roster if you can get this fixed. Any thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Noticed that too this year. It's definitely a result of the badges, they made them have an overpowering effect on sim stats this year. I'm going to be creating new parameters for some of the badges, based on real life data. This will result in less players qualifying for the offensive badges and more realistic shooting percentages. I'm gonna get on that now.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #21
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Noticed that too this year. It's definitely a result of the badges, they made them have an overpowering effect on sim stats this year. I'm going to be creating new parameters for some of the badges, based on real life data. This will result in less players qualifying for the offensive badges and more realistic shooting percentages. I'm gonna get on that now.

I thought when they st came out with the badges, it was more for those role players, that arent as gifted as the super stars, but they add value in other ways. It was suppose to be a way to offset overall's, or so I thought. Like players who are just shooters, but arent good or great at anything else, it help boost them, to add value to teams.

I feel the devs got to carried away with all these badges, and like they do with inflating overalls, they inflate the already overall inflated super stars, by adding badges to them.

Like take players who tend to get a lot of assist, but they also have high turnovers, why give them passing badges, along with a jacked up passing, IQ, and vision attributes too. They jack up volume shooters like Harden, to make him out to shoot like pure shooter, when he isnt. Just like they jack up defensive attributes of poor defenders who only look to get steals, and then give them badges, to make them look like good defenders. Give them low defensive attributes, and then just add the badges for steals, instead of over inflating defensive attributes, and steal attributes, on top of the badges.

IMO its just like they do with the overalls being inflating and certain attributes overrated for certain players, because they are star struck, due to spending time with a lot of the players in the league today. Because now days alot of the players play NBA2k, and pay attention to their ratings, so these guys at 2k worry to much about being buddies with them, than rating them accordingly.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #22
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I thought when they st came out with the badges, it was more for those role players, that arent as gifted as the super stars, but they add value in other ways. It was suppose to be a way to offset overall's, or so I thought. Like players who are just shooters, but arent good or great at anything else, it help boost them, to add value to teams.

I feel the devs got to carried away with all these badges, and like they do with inflating overalls, they inflate the already overall inflated super stars, by adding badges to them.

Like take players who tend to get a lot of assist, but they also have high turnovers, why give them passing badges, along with a jacked up passing, IQ, and vision attributes too. They jack up volume shooters like Harden, to make him out to shoot like pure shooter, when he isnt. Just like they jack up defensive attributes of poor defenders who only look to get steals, and then give them badges, to make them look like good defenders. Give them low defensive attributes, and then just add the badges for steals, instead of over inflating defensive attributes, and steal attributes, on top of the badges.

IMO its just like they do with the overalls being inflating and certain attributes overrated for certain players, because they are star struck, due to spending time with a lot of the players in the league today. Because now days alot of the players play NBA2k, and pay attention to their ratings, so these guys at 2k worry to much about being buddies with them, than rating them accordingly.
Yup, it was originally meant to distinguish certain skills that set people apart but now with the online modes serving as the inspiration for this latest change, they serve as a way to double and triple down on certain skills. And now it's affecting offline myLeague stats.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:56 AM   #23
Rookie

javov10's Arena

One question: what do you rely on Defensive Aggression for the coaches Emphasis ? Thanks for the job

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Operation Sports
Old 10-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #24
Rookie

Thank you so much for putting so much work into this! I really appreciate it and I'm planning on using this roster for my myleague! That said I have a few questions regarding rotations/lineups. I am not sure if these are mistakes or if there is reasoning behind them.

-Kanter coming off the bench for Boston and Robert Williams starting at C.
-Harkless starting for the Clippers at PF and also Kawhi starting at SG.
-Ariza starting at SF for Kings over Barnes.
-Avery Bradley starting at PG for the Lakers.
-Isaiah Thomas starting at PG over John Wall for the Wizards.
-also some of the rotations seem odd, for example the Sixers subbing positions 1-4 out and in all at the same time.

There are some others too but these stood out to me. I'm not saying they're wrong or anything and since the season hasn't started we don't even really know yet, I was just wondering if there was specific reasoning behind these choices. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »