Home

AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's

This is a discussion on AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's

XBOX ONE
Gamertag: Antdoggydogg
Roster File name: 2K20 POE's and More

I've attached screenshots of the POE settings for non Xbox users to copy. As well as a comparison of real life 2019 stats to what stats will look like using these POEs. There are a couple areas that need improving but those are mostly player tendencies, need to figure that out.

When using these settings I highly suggest adjusting your MyLeague stat distribution sliders to be:
Offensive Rebounding 32
Defensive Rebounding 22

This helps better distribute rebounds to your guards in a more realistic way.

Improvements:
- Points of Emphasis settings for modern and classic teams, for the most accurate Simulated stats
- Updated Coach Offense and Defense Grades
- Advanced Rotations for all 30 teams and the Classic Teams
- Accurate/more consistent ratings for steals, blocks and rebounds.
- Accurate/more consistent Athleticism ratings. (Lateral Quickness, Speed, Speed w/Ball, Strength, Vertical)
- Accurate Height Adjustments
- Badge Updates
- Updated Rosters/Ratings for Classic Teams/All-Time Teams

Athletecism Ratings:
If there is a center that can run a 3.4 during a 3/4 court sprint at the draft combine, he should be rated the same as a guard who runs a 3.4. On the official 2K rosters, Al Horford's Speed and Speed w/ Ball ratings takes away this part of his unique skill set: https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/vid...beautiful-dunk

Al Horford on the official 2K rosters:
Speed: 53
Speed with Ball: 33

Antdoggydogg rosters:
Speed: 83
Speed with Ball: 73

With my ratings you will be able to lead a break with Al Horford without looking like you're in slow motion.

Height Adjustments:
- Joel Embiid is 7'1
- Durant is 6'11
- Dennis Rodman is now 6'7 on all teams, previously was 6'8 on some teams.
- Jerry West is 6'4 not 6'2 (he's said it himself and you can see pics of him standing next to Kobe/Wade).
- Robert Horry is 6'9, 2K previously had him fluctuating between 6'9 and 6'10 in different years.
- Keith Erickson is 6'5, 2K previously had him as 6'0.
- Dwight Howard is 6'11

Classic Team Updates:
- Darrall Imhoff added to 1965 Lakers via Historic Draft Classes
- Jason Collins added to 2002 Nets via Historic Draft Classes
- Bill Russell Rebounding ratings updated

Badge Updates:

Some badges are too overpowering this year, both in gameplay and in simulated stats. I saw 2001 Kobe average 40 points on 60% during an entire season. my changes will result in major reductions to some of the badges, all based on real stats. Whatever can be quantified should now be realistically represented. Now you won't have issues with every double digit rebounder being a Box and Worm god. Those are specific skills that only some players have shown, and it's all been tracked using advanced stats. So far I've updated the following badges for modern teams, and will be doing the same to classic teams:

Tear Dropper
Slippery Off Ball
Pick and Popper
Pick and Roller
Rim Protector
Box
Worm
Defensive Leader

Updated Signature Styles:

Elgin Baylor (signature head twitch/fake)
Jayston Tatum jumpshot

Tendencies:
Greg Oden 3 point tendencies lowered drastically.

Top 10 Players on my Roster:
For fun here is a list of the current top 10 players on my roster after applying the mentioned edits, I expect some to change even more once I apply other changes:

98 Kawhi Leonard (his Intangibles rating was too low at 70, compared to 98 for other stars)
97 LeBron James
96 Anthony Davis (switched his primary position to PF, secondary as C)
96 Kevin Durant (no post achilles injury changes made, we'll have to see)
95 Stephen Curry
93 Giannis Antetekounmpo (switched primary position to PF, the position he plays the most)
93 James Harden (his Intangibles rating was too high at 98)
92 Damian Lillard
92 Paul George
91 Joel Embiid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.33.54 AM.jpg (153.9 KB, 1202 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 1.48.59 AM.png (33.9 KB, 1080 views)

Last edited by antdoggydogg; 04-22-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: AntDoggyDogg 2K20 POE's

Thanks for posting this. Also I enjoy reading your spreadsheet, alot of good info there, and its well organized

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-17-2019, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Updates:

Created Advanced Rotations for all historic teams and current teams.
These will automatically change if your team suffers injuries/trades but works great for Play Now.

Edited all athleticism attributes to be consistent across the league
Using real life draft combine measurements. 2K seems to use the same formula for some players but lowers every thing for big men even if they run the same speed as guards in real life. I made it so that in general acceleration speeds for bigs are slower than guards. Also have an athletic decline calculator that I use for players of a certain age, they lose an attribute point in speed, lateral quickness and vertical every passing year so that's been applied to all 2020 teams. Pretty accurate.

Added Darrall Imhoff to the 1965 Lakers
He exists in the Historic Draft Classes but not in the official 2K roster.

Signature Style Updates
  • Elgin Baylor
  • Jayson Tatum

Fixed any height discrepancies
  • Joel Embiid is 7'2
  • Durant is 6'11
  • Dennis Rodman is now 6'7 on all teams, previously was 6'8 on some teams.
  • Jerry West is 6'4 not 6'2 (he's said it himself and you can see pics of him standing next to Kobe/Wade).
  • Robert Horry is 6'9, 2K previously had him fluctuating between 6'9 and 6'10 in different years.
  • Keith Erickson is 6'5, 2K previously had him as 6'0.

Going to do some MyLeague testing before uploading first official POE roster.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Are your advanced rotations uploaded on 2kshare? Are those regular season or playoffs?
Old 09-18-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Is there a link for a spreadsheet for this? So I can integrate it on PC users? Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordflaecko
Is there a link for a spreadsheet for this? So I can integrate it on PC users? Thank you
I'm also a PC user who would love to port this - I use your POE's every year!
Old 09-18-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I'll be uploading to 2Kshare this week once I finalize the POE's for the coming season. Once that's done I will upload a graphic with all the POEs in the first post of this thread and will also link a spreadsheet for my rosters soon. It's cool to see so many people use my POEs!

Advanced rotations for 2020 teams are based on predicted minutes distribution for the coming regular season and include any obvious substitution patterns that the teams coach regularly uses. For example Brett Brown staggers Embiid and Simmons minutes, he takes Embiid out early and brings him back in to play with the Bench while Simmons sits. And this year they will probably slide Horford to the 5 when Embiid goes to the bench so I made sure that happens too. That is one of the more well known substitution patterns, if I'm missing anything notable for a team you closely follow then fill me in.

Advanced rotations for classic teams are based on a mixture of regular season minutes and playoff minutes. I tried to pay close attention to which 5 man units closed out games. Fortunately there is data on this for all teams from 2001 to present day.

Keep in mind advanced rotations are really sensitive, I waived a 15th man once and it reset the whole thing. So it's mostly useful for Play Now modes. Once you enter a season, all sorts of moves are made, G-League call ups/downs etc and the whole rotation is reset.

Last edited by antdoggydogg; 09-19-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:51 AM   #8
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

The roster is now live on Xbox. Updated the original post with all the information as well as screenshots of statistical comparisons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »