Home

2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

This is a discussion on 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
2K19: Return of The Sim Roster (X1)

*** NOTE: This roster project was merged with SimWorld and all roster related questions should be directed here: SimWorld NBA 2K19 MyLeague Experience

Here are some helpful supporting links for anyone who is interested in creating the same gameplay experience:

1. Full game streams to get a feel for how the game is playing using these settings.
STREAM LINK: https://mixer.com/youALREADYknow

2. Documentation for all Settings & Sliders to recreate this on your system using the SimWorld MyLeague roster.
DOC LINK: SimStyle Settings for SimWorld Roster

3. MyLeague Settings & Sliders
SETTINGS FILENAME: SimStyle-SimWorld
GAMERTAG: McFlurry84

4. Gameplay Sliders
SLIDERS FILENAME: SimStyle-SimWorld
GAMERTAG: McFlurry84
DIFFICULTY: CUSTOM from SUPERSTAR
GAME SPEED: 46

NOTE: I wouldn't recommend using any of these settings with another roster as the attribute scales, playbooks, and tendencies will not provide the same experience.

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 04-15-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

Here is Woody's youtube page for the sig shots. Most are very good.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Glad to have you back buddy.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Game streams should show up under Past Streams on my Mixer account. I'm usually under two modes (Player Lock vs CPU -or- CPU/CPU) so that I can get a feel for the AI controlled players with a little user input testing.

There's a game up now where I'm in Player Lock at PG with the Rockets against the Nuggets last night. Both teams are ~75% finished in editing attributes/tendencies/playbooks, but I still haven't touched most of the sigs. That game was mostly a playbook test of the Play Types. There's an issue where only certain Play Types get called at the start/end of games and without them the AI runs the team's default Series. The Rockets had no Isolation or Guard Post Up Play Types set, therefore the game chose to run the Point series until the first substitution for CP3/Harden. They also ran it at the end of games where most teams in 2K19 choose to run Iso/Post for their stars.

Here's the direct link: HOU/DEN - Player Lock PG

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 10-06-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
There's an issue where only certain Play Types get called at the start/end of games and without them the AI runs the team's default Series. The Rockets had no Isolation or Guard Post Up Play Types set, therefore the game chose to run the Point series until the first substitution for CP3/Harden. They also ran it at the end of games where most teams in 2K19 choose to run Iso/Post for their stars.

So the issue is take out iso playtypes so they don’t overuse during game but then they run their freelance at the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
So the issue is take out iso playtypes so they don’t overuse during game but then they run their freelance at the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I’ve been playing with the Warriors, ACE On, and AUTO play calling per Da Czars suggestion.

The game is constanstly calling for post ups with Durant and Klay. I understand they are both solid in the post, but the Warriors do not play offense that way on a regular basis.

I’m looking forward to seeing your adjustments and the impact they have on the game. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2018, 12:53 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I’ve been playing with the Warriors, ACE On, and AUTO play calling per Da Czars suggestion.

The game is constanstly calling for post ups with Durant and Klay. I understand they are both solid in the post, but the Warriors do not play offense that way on a regular basis.

I’m looking forward to seeing your adjustments and the impact they have on the game. Thanks!
The only way to change that would be to remove guard posts up from their play types.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:09 AM   #8
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Game streams should show up under Past Streams on my Mixer account. I'm usually under two modes (Player Lock vs CPU -or- CPU/CPU) so that I can get a feel for the AI controlled players with a little user input testing.

There's a game up now where I'm in Player Lock at PG with the Rockets against the Nuggets last night. Both teams are ~75% finished in editing attributes/tendencies/playbooks, but I still haven't touched most of the sigs. That game was mostly a playbook test of the Play Types. There's an issue where only certain Play Types get called at the start/end of games and without them the AI runs the team's default Series. The Rockets had no Isolation or Guard Post Up Play Types set, therefore the game chose to run the Point series until the first substitution for CP3/Harden. They also ran it at the end of games where most teams in 2K19 choose to run Iso/Post for their stars.

Would you possibly be able to post your playbooks for each team when you finish them. I'd really like to use them in my personal roster

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »