Home

Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

This is a discussion on Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

Great job!!!! VDusen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Updated with a handful of new created player contributions, including re-makes of poor models courtesy of tH3bReakd0wn. He created superior versions of Stephen Jackson, George Lynch, Hubert Davis, and Celtics-era Bill Walton to replace 2K's wonky versions.

General fleshing out continues onward. Other new players include Ira Newble, Darius Songaila, Calvin Booth, Andray Blatche (didn't realize the '07 Wizards were so shorthanded), Chris Morris, Johnny Davis, Willie Anderson, Jack Haley, Randy Brown, Scott Burrell, and Steve Scheffler.

Also didn't realize the Rasho Nesterovic was 6'8'' in my first upload. That's fixed.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you so much for this! Just a heads up, there are two Aaron McKie's on the 01 Sixers, the real one and a created one? Also Iverson is set at 48 minutes. I don't mind either issue tho just letting you know.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:41 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizzler
Thank you so much for this! Just a heads up, there are two Aaron McKie's on the 01 Sixers, the real one and a created one? Also Iverson is set at 48 minutes. I don't mind either issue tho just letting you know.

I guess I can't edit my own posts yet lol? Anyway I noticed there are alot of duplicate players on teams, one created and one real one. I can't figure out why that is? Is there a reason for that? Just wondering!
Old 10-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizzler
I guess I can't edit my own posts yet lol? Anyway I noticed there are alot of duplicate players on teams, one created and one real one. I can't figure out why that is? Is there a reason for that? Just wondering!
Hey, no worries on that front. Here were my two half-brained thoughts on the topics at hand:

1) Regarding Iverson's minutes: I generally choose rotations based upon when the classic team in question peaked, which often means going by playoff rotations from that year or, in the case of the 2001 76ers, their Finals rotation, which is what we tend to remember most about that team. So that means a guy like Jumaine Jones, who started no games in the regular season, is starting at small forward, just like he did in the 2001 Finals.

That also means Allen Iverson is going to be playing nearly the entire game, just as he did in the 2001 Finals. To be fair, his true minutes should probably be closer to 46 or so, since his Finals average (47.8) was gently spiked by his 53-minute overtime performance in Game 1. In subsequent games he played 47, 48, 46.5, and 44.3 minutes (dwindling as the Sixers' hopes waned).

2) Regarding the duplicate players: Sometimes I hear folks say they prefer the "real" player to the created one, even the real version looks much less accurate (i.e. Aaron McKie) so I kept both versions on rosters to give folks an easily accessible choice. But now that you brought it up, maybe I should just go ahead and release the lesser of the two (which would effect guys like Vinny Del Negro, McKie, Stephen Jackson, and some others). I guess people could just go re-sign them from Free Agency if nothing else.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Hey, no worries on that front. Here were my two half-brained thoughts on the topics at hand:

1) Regarding Iverson's minutes: I generally choose rotations based upon when the classic team in question peaked, which often means going by playoff rotations from that year or, in the case of the 2001 76ers, their Finals rotation, which is what we tend to remember most about that team. So that means a guy like Jumaine Jones, who started no games in the regular season, is starting at small forward, just like he did in the 2001 Finals.

That also means Allen Iverson is going to be playing nearly the entire game, just as he did in the 2001 Finals. To be fair, his true minutes should probably be closer to 46 or so, since his Finals average (47.8) was gently spiked by his 53-minute overtime performance in Game 1. In subsequent games he played 47, 48, 46.5, and 44.3 minutes (dwindling as the Sixers' hopes waned).

2) Regarding the duplicate players: Sometimes I hear folks say they prefer the "real" player to the created one, even the real version looks much less accurate (i.e. Aaron McKie) so I kept both versions on rosters to give folks an easily accessible choice. But now that you brought it up, maybe I should just go ahead and release the lesser of the two (which would effect guys like Vinny Del Negro, McKie, Stephen Jackson, and some others). I guess people could just go re-sign them from Free Agency if nothing else.

Makes sense! Thank you for the response and explanation! I personally prefer the real one due to it having the picture and stats, but I didnt even think to compare how the two look. I'd probably prefer the one that looks better now that I think about it. Anyway, thank you!!!!
Old 10-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #31
MVP

Thank you for this roster! You are right, it is hard to find rosters for Xbox. I was going to stick with 2K19 for this reason because I love playing the classic teams. 2K should pay you a portion because your roster got me to buy the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 11:18 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 12

Really a Phenomenal Job On These. I am using them and doing a simulated season of classic teams to determine the best of them all. Now if I could only find some good CPU vs CPU sliders to go with it for 12 min quarters.

Again great job with these!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »