Home

Help Creating NBA2K19 Roster

This is a discussion on Help Creating NBA2K19 Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2020, 11:03 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Help Creating NBA2K19 Roster

I'm on the PS4 and still playing NBA2K19 and am thinking about creating a custom roster of the 2004-2005 season for 2K19 so I can start a MyLeague in that season. From that point forward I want to edit the historic classes and recreate the league going forward.

I don't have experience building a custom roster from scratch. I know I'll need to create many players from scratch. Once created, I am not sure of the cleanest way to put players on their teams.

What I thought I might do is start by creating say 15 created players using the CAP generator. Then, pick a team like the 76ers, delete all of the current players, and then add my 15 created players. Repeat that process for all teams. Once I am done with that, I would repeat the process with free agents.

I thought this made sense because I would know that none of the players today would be on the roster PLUS it would erase any remnants of history from any real life player in the roster (since I don't think player DNA is perfect if I just imported them over an existing player).

Once the team is fixed up that way, I thought I would then focus on creating each player appearance and importing that appearance over the first created player on the team I am working. Once the appearance is in, I thought I would then finishing editing up the rest of the player.

Is that the approach you all take when creating a roster from scratch?

Or is there another set of steps I should take.

Any help is appreciated. Just a reminder this is for 2K19 not the 20.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Help Creating NBA2K19 Roster

I will hit you up in a PM tonight or in the morning. Not home yet for the night.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 06-22-2020 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help Creating NBA2K19 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I will hit you up in a PM tonight or in the morning. Not home yet for the night.
I'll also appreciate some tips on roster creating, as I have never done it before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »