Home

FT Dynasty NBA2k20 Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on FT Dynasty NBA2k20 Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2020, 09:44 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FT Dynasty NBA2k20 Fictional Draft Classes

Top 10 Returning Players this Year

#1 Ja’Ron Becker
Position: Small Forward
School: Wake Forrest
Class: Junior
Height: 6’8
Weight: 230
Profile: Becker returns for his junior year after he likely would have been a top 10 pick in last years draft. Becker is a very sound athlete who does a good job of getting to the rim by cutting back door. He knows what to do when he gets to the rim and he uses his size to finish in the lane. His best attribute is his defense, and he is arguably the best defender in the nation. Becker has a good mid range and you need to respect it, but he definitely needs to work on his 3 point shot. He shoots it frequently, and is a hard worker, so there is no doubt he has been working on it all off season. Ja’Ron does not need the basketball in his hands to be effective on offense. He is an efficient passer and will always make the simple play to set a teammate up. He could defend multiple positions with ease.
NBA Comparison: Jimmy Butler

#2 Quintevin Cherry
Position: SG/SF
School: Ole Miss
Class: Sophomore
Height: 6’7
Weight: 206
Profile: Quintevin Cherry is the highest rated recruit from last year who decided to come back for their sophomore year. He was the #13 rated recruit, and he looks to build on a strong freshman campaign in which he averaged 15.3 PPG. Scouts are looking to see how he will handle being the #1 scoring option on his team this season. He is a very aggressive scorer and will pull up from anywhere on the floor. Cherry shows a lot of promise as an off the dribble scorer, as well as being a solid slasher. He is a willing defender, but not outstanding by any means, and he pulls in a fair share of rebounds. At times, he can get dependent on his 3 point shot, so you would like to see him mix it up a bit more. He has a chance to end up in the top 10 if this season goes well for him.
NBA Comparison: Taller Buddy Heild

#3 Trevor Petrie
Position: Point Guard
School: Virginia
Height: 6’0
Weight: 198
Profile: Last year as a sophomore, Trevor Petrie was a snub from the NCAA all-defensive team, but he was rewarded with the ACC DPOY. He makes heads up plays and looks for his teammates first. Petrie possesses good quickness and agility, and he uses those qualities to play excellent defense. He is a good hustler, and will provide your team with good energy and leadership. He is a bit small to play PG in the NBA, both in his weight and height, and it can make it hard for him to finish while in the lane. He could develop a 3 point shot and turn into a solid 3 and D player, but it is still in the works. Virginia will have one of the better defenses in the nation as usual, and Trevor Petrie is a huge reason why.
NBA Comparison: Patrick Beverly

#4 Junior Higgins
Position: Guard
School: UCONN
Class: Senior
Height: 6’4
Weight: 217
Profile: Junior Higgins is a former top 100 recruit who has perfected his craft over 3 years at UCONN, and he looks to build on a strong junior year. A crafty scorer possessing a high quality outside jump shot, Higgins shot 40% from deep as a junior. He has shown the ability to shoot both off the dribble, and as a spot up shooter and he has consistently shown his capability to extend his range out past the NBA line as well. His long range shooting will certainly translate to the current NBA landscape. His freshman and sophomore year he played at the PG position, while he transitioned over to SG as a junior and the move was positive. He could play either position in the NBA. Junior is also well adept at running the pick, and roll and is excellent at throwing lobs in pick and roll situations. He likely won’t be asked to carry the scoring load in the NBA, so he should have more energy for the defensive side of the court. He comes up with a decent amount of steals and is always well positioned on the court. At times, he has been inconsistent on the floor, and he does not have much upside due to his age.
NBA Comparison: Devonte’ Graham

#5 Paxton Smith
Position: Shooting Guard
School: Washington
Height: 6’6
Weight: 211
Profile: Paxton Smith is back for his sophomore year after a surprising run to the Final 4 last year. He was absolutely incredible during the run for the Huskies, and he gets the #1 player in the nation, Zyheir Moss as his backcourt running mate this season. It's pretty obvious what Paxton offers as a prospect, as he's one of the best shot-creators in the country, despite being only 19 years old. His combination of strength, aggressiveness and scoring instincts are hard to find at this level, and should translate to the NBA level effectively when you consider his terrific footwork, body control, and hesitation moves. He does an excellent job pushing the ball up the floor in transition, and can create and finish with either hand almost equally as well. Paxton is an absolute bulldozer slashing his way through the paint and creating contact at the rim. While not an incredible leaper, Smith knows how to get to the free throw line. He struggles shooting from outside, and his mid range needs improvement, but he will progress with more practice. His go to move is the step back in the mid range. He needs to focus on his passing and making the easy play this year.
NBA Comparison: Tyreke Evans

#6 Dalvin Tucker
School: St. Johns
Height: 6’8
Weight: 229
Profile: Dalvin Tucker took a major leap forward from his freshman year to his sophomore year, and if he takes that big of a leap forward again he could end up as a top 10 pick. Dalvin Tucker is your ultimate "Glue Guy", and his strongest asset is his ability to contribute across the board. He has a substantial wingspan with a strong frame, and is not scared to bang with bigger bodies down low. His jump shot could use work, but he is a good looking shooter when his feet are set and he catches/releases in rhythm. Dalvin can stretch the floor with NBA 3-point range at times, but again, it needs work. His vision, passing and ability to facilitate out of the post is another strong weapon of his. He needs to work on his dribbling as well. His biggest area of concern is that he is not great at any one area.
NBA Comparison: Draymond Green

#7 PJ Brogdon
Position: Power Forward
School: Cincinnati
Height: 6’10
Weight: 241
Profile: PJ Brogdon looks to take a step forward after a solid, but underwhelming freshman campaign. Scouts have mixed opinions on Brogdon’s NBA position as he may be a better player early on in his career at power forward but has the tools to be a solid center. His position will depend on the team that selects him. In terms of physical skills he has great mobility. He is capable of consistently beating his man down the court and runs the floor well for a big, but scouts would not describe him as athletic. He has long arms and excellent timing for blocking shots which is one of his best attributes. He is a great rebounder, and will almost certainly average a double double this season. His footwork on post moves is constantly improving, and it would not be crazy to see him become a great low post threat. He is still a bit raw on and could take some time to develop, but he could be a very solid player in the NBA.
NBA Comparison: Tim Duncan lite

#8 Brock Landesberg
Position: Center
School: Ole Miss
Height: 7’0
Weight: 265
Profile: Brock Landesberg and Quintevin Cherry look to be one of the best inside out combos in the NCAA this season. Landesberg has added 30 pound of muscle during the offseason, as he is up to 265 this season after playing all of last year around 235. It will bode well for him as an interior big as he is not the best athlete in the world. He has a reliable hook shot with his right hand plus he has good instinct for the put back. His jump shot shows solid touch, giving him nice potential to develop further offensively, but it is still a project. He has a large wingspan and it allows him to put a lot of pressure on defenders. He works really well in pick and roll situations. Landesberg is really limited to scoring in the paint, and his leaping ability leaves a lot to be desired. While he backs opponents down very easily at this level, he does not have a go to post move at this point.
NBA Comparison: Bulkier/less athleticRudy Gobert

#9 Mecole Caffey
School: Clemson
Height: 6’6
Weight: 211
Profile: Mecole Caffey has led Clemson in scoring the past 2 years, and he looks to continue that trend as a senior as well. He has good speed and can finish plays above the rim when he has a head of steam, but doesn't have the type of elite leaping ability and quickness that would put him on par with the average NBA wing. He does not create his own shot well off the dribble, but he is a very solid spot up shooter. He has a very good floater while he is in the lane to make up for his average athleticism. He has a very high basketball IQ, and knows his shortcomings and has developed skills to work around them. Caffey plays with plenty of intensity on the defensive end, and is one of the better defenders in the ACC.
NBA Comparison: Taller Rodney McGruder

#10 RJ Patton
Position: Point Guard
School: Kansas
Height: 6’3
Weight: 194
Profile: RJ Patton has been a solid player at the University of Kansas over 4 years. He looks to step up and shoulder the scoring load this season after averaging double digits as a sophomore and junior. Patton could be a better passer at the point guard position. He is a solid athlete, and gets into the lane very easily. He absolutely loves playing iso ball, and he does a pretty solid job at it. He is more of a slasher than a shooter. RJ Patton has a very solid spin jumper he loves to go to at the elbow. Patton is not as good of a defender as he appears, but he does block a decent amount of shots at the guard position. He could be a solid PG off the bench for an NBA team who is looking for a scoring spark from the position.
NBA Comparison: Poor mans Dwayne Wade

Honorable Mention
Donovoan Sheppard a 6’8 SF from Oklahoma
Stefan King a 6’5 sophomore SG from Purdue
Jaxon Bosh a 6’4 sophomore SG from UCLA
Tanner Ginyard a 6’2 junior PG from Butler
Brooks Buechler a 6’2 sophomore PG from Michigan State

All of them are former 5 star recruits who showed a lot of promise last year, and will certainly elevate draft stock this year.

Last edited by Jeffruel; 01-31-2020 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #106
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsantos
I'm digging these NBA comparisons. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Trying to make it a fun as possible for the people playing.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:40 PM   #107
Pro

Storylines to follow this season

Fight for #1 Pick
This is a great class to end up with a pick in the top 3 as there are 3 elite prospects who could all be selected with the #1 pick. Zhyeir Moss, the 6’6 PG of Washington looks to be a mismatch at the PG position. He is a fantastic dribbler for his size, and he has insane vision at the position. Braylon Tate, the 6’6 SG who is committed to Duke is one of the best pure scorers we have ever seen. He is an incredible slasher, and his mid range could play in the NBA right now. If he gets his 3 point shot anywhere close to his mid-range the rest of the league better watch out. Finally there is the lanky 6’8 SF LaDreyous Jones of Oklahoma State. After reclassifying and skipping his senior year of high school, he immediately shot up to the #3 player in the recruiting class despite being a year younger than all the other prospects. He offers plenty of upside, and could even find himself as the #1 pick.

Elite class of Shooting Guards
This class of shooting guards is arguably the best we have ever seen. Assuming all of them enter the draft, there are 8 shooting guards who could hear their name in the top 15 of the draft. This year we will be power ranking the SG class based on their college performance, not necessarily where they will end up being selected in the draft.

#1 Junior Higgins-6’4-UCONN-Higgins is the best returning SG to the NCAA this season. He is a senior and offers plenty of upside based on his incredible deep range shooting. He has transitioned from PG to SG very smoothly.
#2 Quintevin Cherry-6’7-Ole Miss-Very similar game to Buddy Heild. The sophomore could play either SG or SF at the next level. Scores from all over the floor. Very good dribbler for his height.
#3 Paxton Smith-6’6-Washington-Zyheir Moss has gotten plenty of publicity, but Paxton Smith is fresh off leading Washington to the Final 4 as a 6 seed in last year's tournament. Just a sophomore, he has plenty of room to improve, which is scary because he is already pretty good.
#4 Stefan King-6’5-Purdue-One of the best athletes in the nation. King threw down some incredible dunks last season at Purdue. The sophomore needs to work on his shot this year, but his athleticism will see him drafted early.
#5 Jaxon Bosh-6’4-UCLA-Jaxon Bosh was one of the more impressive freshman SGs last year at UCLA. Bosh has plus athleticism and a solid 3 point shot.
#6 Braylon Tate-6’6-Duke-Without playing a college basketball game, we could not put Braylon Tate higher than this, but he will climb up these ranks very shortly.
#7 Bakari Jackson-6’6-Florida State-Same situation as Tate. Could not put a freshman higher than any of the standouts returning to college. Jackson is a freak athlete and has a killer mid range game.
#8 Kenny Maynor-6’7-Kansas State-Kenny Maynor was the #11 recruit in the nation this past season and he is one of the most all around solid players in the class. He is a very solid shooter and does not look to have a weak spot in his game.

Strength of the Big 12
This season there is no denying that the Big 12 is the best conference in all of basketball. They have 7 teams in the top 25, including 3 in the top 5. We will be tracking the Big 12 this season and the race for a Big 12 title. Here is where they are currently ranked in the coaches poll.

#1 Baylor-Baylor returns 6’10 PF Jakaree Gadsen and they get to add the #8 recruit in the nation, 7’1 C, Nadab Joseph. Baylor’s defense could very well be the best in the nation with those 2 manning the paint.
#2 Kansas-Kansas has RJ Patton at the PG position to provide them with plenty of experience, as well as 7’3 freshman C, Chandler Walton. This could be the best inside out duo in the nation.
#5 Oklahoma State-Temple Brown, the 7’1 senior for Oklahoma State provides solid inside scoring and defense inside, while freshman LaDreyous Jones could be the best player in the nation by years end.
#8 Iowa State-Iowa State does not have any standouts like the 3 teams above, but they play very sound basketball and do not have a weakness 1-5. Senior PG Kevin Lyles is very underrated, as is junior SG Davion Evans, who is a great shooter.
#9 Kansas State-One of the better recruiting classes in the nation that features SF Tyler McCaskill and SG Kenny Maynor. This is the biggest wildcard team in the Big 12 depending on how those 2 adjust to the college game.
#12 Texas Tech-Between 6’8 sophomore Chris Johnson, and 7’2 senior Howie Alexander, this might be one of the best defensive teams in the nation behind Baylor and Virginia.
#21 Oklahoma-Oklahoma is a good team, but they will go as far as sophomore SF Donovan Sheppard will take them. He is 6’8 and can hit the 3, and is capable of shutting down a team's best player on any given night.

Following the 7 footers
This year there appears to be 7 players who are 7 feet or taller that could be picked in the draft, which would be the most ever. While there is not as much top end tall talent as there was in the 2018 NBA draft, there are plenty of players who could carve out a solid role in the league. The players below are listed by height.

Chandler Walton-7’3-Kansas-Chandler Walton has the most potential out of the 7 footers in this class. He is a super raw freshman who can hit from outside. Runs the floor well and plays good defense.
Howie Alexander-7’2-Texas Tech-Alexander is showing up late in the 2nd round of mock drafts. The senior plays elite defense for Texas Tech, but does not offer much on the offensive side of the ball.
Nadab Joseph-7’1-Baylor-Pheonmial shot blocker. Lanky and long defender. Has shown flashes on the offensive end, but nothing consistent. Probably the best athlete among the centers in this draft class.
Temple Brown-7’1-Oklahoma State-Solid post game for a big but does not extend outside of the paint. Good shot blocker, and very strong. Doesn’t run the floor well.
Brock Landesberg-7’0-Ole Miss-Brock looks like he is the most ready for the NBA after a solid freshman campaign. He has added 30 pounds of muscle and is up to 265. He has an advanced low post game, but it doesn’t extend out of the paint yet. Runs floor well for his size.
Gabe Early-7’0-North Carolina-The #15 recruit in the nation this past season. The freshman is very raw on both sides of the ball, but projects as an all around center. Has shown he can score in the mid range.
Jeryl Bledsoe-7’0-Duke-Bledsoe has struggled to get on the floor for Duke as a freshman and sophomore, but finally cracked the starting lineup as a junior. He can really improve his draft stock this year with a strong season.

General Scouting Updates
This year’s class does not look to have any international players in the 1st round of the draft. The SG class is very strong and there are even a couple sleepers outside of the top 8 that could make an impact. This is a weak class for power forwards, but with a little time and development, there could be a couple of players out of the class that eventually make an impact. Overall, this could end up being one of the better draft classes in recent memory. There is top end talent, but there is a lot of depth to this class as well.

Last edited by Jeffruel; 02-05-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #108
Pro

Well guys, I have some unfortunate news to announce. For whatever reason, I was unable to sign into my PS4 account and I have lost access to everything on my account. I would assume the draft classes I have uploaded are still there (can someone confirm this?), so you will still have those, but I will not be making any more draft classes for NBA 2K20.

Since I got locked out of my account, I can't even play 2K20 since I bought the online copy (never doing that again). I could still login to my alternate account, but since I bought the online copy, I don't have access to the game on that account and I don't want to pay another $60 for a game I have already purchased.

I will however, be back for NBA 2K21, it might just be under a new username. I was really excited about draft class 7 and the guys I was creating on it, so when I get going on NBA 2K21, draft class 7 will be rebranded as draft class 1 so that we can see how these stories played out.

Finally, I would love it if you guys could keep the thread going and let me know how the players are doing in your MyLeagues. Who's doing well, who's been a surprise, who ended up where etc. It's fun for me to see how guys end up across a lot of different MyLeagues.

Thank you guys for the support and love you have shown. I'll stay active on here if you guys have any questions about individual players, stories, scouting, etc. If you guys have any ideas for future classes, let me know as I'm going to start planning 2k21 classes since I'm done here.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:14 AM   #109
Rookie

studdley_'s Arena

that sucks man, you hate to see it. excited for what you can do for 2k21 though

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-17-2020, 10:46 PM   #110
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdley_
that sucks man, you hate to see it. excited for what you can do for 2k21 though

No worries. I got some good stuff in the works for 2k21. You been enjoying these classes?
Old 02-18-2020, 11:25 AM   #111
Rookie

studdley_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
No worries. I got some good stuff in the works for 2k21. You been enjoying these classes?

for sure bro. big help in my atd league

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2020, 10:26 AM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdley_
for sure bro. big help in my atd league

Thanks for all of your contributions to the game. I look forward to your work in 2k21.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »