Home

2004/2005 Season

This is a discussion on 2004/2005 Season within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2004/2005 Season

Recreating the 2004/2005 Season. The first season with a full 30 teams... All rosters... Every single player...

All rosters completed and uploaded. I'm working on the coaching and front office staffs at the moment. Also finalizing a COMPLETE 2005 draft.

Upload file is titled 2004/2005 Season. My user handle is DamonQuinn44. PS4

Last edited by DamonQuinn44; 10-08-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 09:54 PM   #2
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2004/2005 Season

System????
Old 10-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
Rookie

studdley_'s Arena

it's PS4, he's mentioned it on other threads
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdley_
it's PS4, he's mentioned it on other threads
Yes PS4, sorry
Old 10-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Tried it, I got the blue screen

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Tried it, I got the blue screen

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
That's depressing... maybe because I was doing a bunch of updates at the time? It was downloaded 31 times yesterday, did anyone else have that issue? I called a friend of mine and had him download it and he said it was fine. He said he was able to upload it into games/myleague etc.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:43 AM   #7
Rookie

For anyone that's still paying attention to this thread... the players were all completed... obviously player ages, exact contracts, etc etc were done...

Once I started reading other threads and saw that other users were updating the full coaching staffs, obviously I had to do that too...

Doing the coaching is almost more painstaking than the players because there are so many attributes, coaching preferences, playbooks etc etc...

So I had to take it a step further... all the current coaches that were available, i had to bust them down to the assistant coach position they had in 2004/2005... that was easy. The ones that werent in the league back then, I traced them to their first nba affiliate and made them scouts and signed them to long term contracts. The thought process was that if I didnt do this, then in the first season that myself or anyone played, the coaches on the weaker teams (Charlotte, atlanta, etc) would be fired, and then the computer sim would hire a then 21 year old Brad Stevens off of the pool which wouldn't be realistic. At least if I locked these guys up to long term deals, then they wouldn't be eligible to head coach for at least 4 years, which, even though would supplant their NBA head coaching career by a decade, would maintain some sort of realism.

Once the coaches were done I had to take it 2 more steps... I had to add all the coaches that were hired over the next 3 seasons (done), and add all the coaches that were fired in the previous 2 seasons (50% done). This way the coach pool would have all real, legitimate personnel available, just as if it was 2004. (Btw, I cant get a realistic looking Phil Jackson or Pat Riley from any of the bots). Also, I made Jackson and Riley GMs on the Lakers and Heat respectively. That way if anyone wanted to play with either of those 2 teams, they could bide their time with Tomjanovich or Van Gundy without worrying about Phil Jackson getting snagged by the computer sim and ending up coaching the Bobcats... which, again, wouldn't be realistic...

I've got 6 more coaches in the rewind to add.

Finally... I spent a TON of time on the players and the CAPS, but there are still a handful that I'm not happy with. Either I snagged a CAP from someone else online and I didnt like the attributes, or I hastily made a marginal player on my own, and didn't like the outcome. The guy that did the 2007/2008 roster... cycle something...? His sh*t is almost 100% on point...

I'm going to swap out like 40 of my CAPS that I hate for his replacements. Just have to rewind their ages and experience by 3 years and re-adjust the contracts.

I've had over 50 downloads in the past 2 days... i just want to make the 2004 starting point perfect... again, it was the first season where all 30 teams were active (which is as close to a do-over as you can get with the 30 team minimum league requirements).
Old 10-11-2019, 06:50 AM   #8
Rookie

For anyone that's still paying attention to this thread... the players were all completed... obviously player ages, exact contracts, etc etc were done...

Once I started reading other threads and saw that other users were updating the full coaching staffs, obviously I had to do that too...

Doing the coaching is almost more painstaking than the players because there are so many attributes, coaching preferences, playbooks etc etc...

So I had to take it a step further... all the current coaches that were available, i had to bust them down to the assistant coach position they had in 2004/2005... that was easy. The ones that werent in the league back then, I traced them to their first nba affiliate and made them scouts and signed them to long term contracts. The thought process was that if I didnt do this, then in the first season that myself or anyone played, the coaches on the weaker teams (Charlotte, atlanta, etc) would be fired, and then the computer sim would hire a then 21 year old Brad Stevens off of the pool which wouldn't be realistic. At least if I locked these guys up to long term deals, then they wouldn't be eligible to head coach for at least 4 years, which, even though would supplant their NBA head coaching career by a decade, would maintain some sort of realism.

Once the coaches were done I had to take it 2 more steps... I had to add all the coaches that were hired over the next 3 seasons (done), and add all the coaches that were fired in the previous 2 seasons (50% done). This way the coach pool would have all real, legitimate personnel available, just as if it was 2004. (Btw, I cant get a realistic looking Phil Jackson or Pat Riley from any of the bots). Also, I made Jackson and Riley GMs on the Lakers and Heat respectively. That way if anyone wanted to play with either of those 2 teams, they could bide their time with Tomjanovich or Van Gundy without worrying about Phil Jackson getting snagged by the computer sim and ending up coaching the Bobcats... which, again, wouldn't be realistic...

I've got 6 more coaches in the rewind to add.

Finally... I spent a TON of time on the players and the CAPS, but there are still a handful that I'm not happy with. Either I snagged a CAP from someone else online and I didnt like the attributes, or I hastily made a marginal player on my own, and didn't like the outcome. The guy that did the 2007/2008 roster... cycle something...? His sh*t is almost 100% on point...

I'm going to swap out like 40 of my CAPS that I hate for his replacements. Just have to rewind their ages and experience by 3 years and re-adjust the contracts.

I've had over 50 downloads in the past 2 days... injustvwant to make the 2004 starting point perfect... again, it was the first season where all 30 teams were active (which is as close to a do-over as you can get with the 30 team minimum league requirements).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »