Home

The Most Complete Historic Roster (PS4)

This is a discussion on The Most Complete Historic Roster (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: What do you guys prefer?
Additional Completed All-Time Teams 10 27.03%
Additional Classic Teams overwriting Normal & All Time Teams 27 72.97%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2020, 07:17 PM   #105
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Most Complete Historic Roster (PS4)

Colorway guide for all teams done are now updated in the Doc file on post #2.

'04 Wolves are finished and updated in file.

Here are some gameplay of '02 Kings going against the '04 Wolves.
MVP KG and Webber went at it in the first quarter!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #106
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

Expect '95 Knicks, '94 Rockets and '91 Blazers to all be done next

Last edited by DancyHercules3; 06-14-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:02 AM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancyHercules3
Expect '94 Knicks, '94 Rockets and '91 Blazers to all be done next
Hell yeah! Love these teams! When you do the playbooks for these teams, do you spend time watching old games etc?
Old 06-14-2020, 12:06 AM   #108
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Hell yeah! Love these teams! When you do the playbooks for these teams, do you spend time watching old games etc?

Yes, but not very indepth. Due to the fact being that many of the old plays like mid ranges, arenít in the game. So what I do is, look at plays and see whatís best fit to their offensive system and add that. Like for thr Bulls, I added a bunch of Triangle plays and removed many 5 or 4 out play from many team playbooks. One thing I canít change though is some newly added teams freelance. 2K didnít even mind giving us the option to change that in the roster or did they assign it correctly for the newly added teams this year. Thankfully so far, it seems like only the 2010 Blazers have a full on 4 out freelance which is why if you play with or against them, LMA might be spotting outside for 3 instead of posting up. I did what I can to reduce it by adding lots of post plays though, so itís not as bad
Old 06-14-2020, 12:50 AM   #109
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancyHercules3
Yes, but not very indepth. Due to the fact being that many of the old plays like mid ranges, arenít in the game. So what I do is, look at plays and see whatís best fit to their offensive system and add that. Like for thr Bulls, I added a bunch of Triangle plays and removed many 5 or 4 out play from many team playbooks. One thing I canít change though is some newly added teams freelance. 2K didnít even mind giving us the option to change that in the roster or did they assign it correctly for the newly added teams this year. Thankfully so far, it seems like only the 2010 Blazers have a full on 4 out freelance which is why if you play with or against them, LMA might be spotting outside for 3 instead of posting up. I did what I can to reduce it by adding lots of post plays though, so itís not as bad
Yeah I agree with you. I've always felt that classic teams are more of an after thought for 2K as they seem to lack the same attention to detail as the main roster.

With that being said, I've always felt that it would be much more appealing for those who buy the game if 2K were to implement a classic season mode. Instead of lumping in a whole bunch of classic teams without any context, 2K could pick out a classic season e.g. 1997-98 and re-create all the teams. Not only would that add more purpose to the teams but it would also allow the development teams to focus specifically on getting the game play right for a single era as opposed to multiple eras, which is the case now. Think about it: imagine how difficult and time consuming it is to create things like, tendencies, playbooks, freelances etc. for teams 60s, 70s, 80s, 90, 2000s & 2010s etc! Its no wonder that the classic teams are so messed up; its too big a task having to develop teams accurately over so many eras.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:10 AM   #110
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Yeah I agree with you. I've always felt that classic teams are more of an after thought for 2K as they seem to lack the same attention to detail as the main roster.

With that being said, I've always felt that it would be much more appealing for those who buy the game if 2K were to implement a classic season mode. Instead of lumping in a whole bunch of classic teams without any context, 2K could pick out a classic season e.g. 1997-98 and re-create all the teams. Not only would that add more purpose to the teams but it would also allow the development teams to focus specifically on getting the game play right for a single era as opposed to multiple eras, which is the case now. Think about it: imagine how difficult and time consuming it is to create things like, tendencies, playbooks, freelances etc. for teams 60s, 70s, 80s, 90, 2000s & 2010s etc! Its no wonder that the classic teams are so messed up; its too big a task having to develop teams accurately over so many eras.
That will never happen. The way they have it now makes sense. 2K is an yearly progressive game like any other sport games. There's no reason they would or should invest millions into basically an entire new game just to recreate past season. When many of us are already doing that given the tools they have with custom rosters. Plus it would be a nightmare trying to get likeness and rights for the players that are no longer with the NBAPA or the Alumni. Maybe replace some of the 90s teams cause some of them are only in the game because of the 2K11 MJ mode. (like the Knicks, why 95 instead of 94 or 92? they were much better teams). I don't think it's a big task, if me one person can fix it in a matter of 2 months. They can easily with their resources too, but it's obviously not a priority to them. I mean even the default 2K current roster this year is horrid, let alone the classic roster. Plus you gotta consider the fact that they can't get every single player for the classic teams, many key players are missing for alot of them, there would be no point of 2K to invest and trying to make them realistic. I'm just glad that they give us a great roster editing tool to correct those things.

Last edited by DancyHercules3; 06-14-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:07 PM   #111
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

File updated with 95 Knicks & 94 Rockets
It was a joy replicating Hakeem's play

Next up is the 91 Blazers and the rest of MJ Bulls teams

Last edited by DancyHercules3; 06-15-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 03:06 AM   #112
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

'91 Blazers & '89 Bulls are updated on the file.
Only 26 teams to go! Next are MJ teams and probably Bill Russell Celtics and Wilt, Jerry and Baylor's Lakers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »