Home

NBA 2K21 Roster Update Adds Rookies and Some of the Recent Trades

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Roster Update Adds Rookies and Some of the Recent Trades within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #17
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Rookies have been added to the 2K Roster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I doubt it. They aren't having Summer League, the rookie photo shoots or the symposium with the pandemic still ravaging the country, so having all 60 picks available isn't likely.

They'll have to add them "by hand" and seeing as they've worked on very little of them since this Summer (for the MyTeam promo in 2K20).....

Kind of pathetic, IMO, that they thought having less than half the players with official renders & most of those ported from 2K20 was/is acceptable. Hoping we see one or more updates that add more or better renders for the rookie class.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Are you saying that most of these rookie scans are from 2k20 (MyTeam), because unless there were way more MT rookies than I was aware of, that doesn’t seem to be true (ie, there seems to be like 3-4x as many cyberfaces as that)

The fact that Pokusevski looks very accurate makes me think they may have developed a way to gather scans remotely, since I dont believe hes been stateside for any of this draft stuff
Old 11-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #18
Rookie

Re: Rookies have been added to the 2K Roster!

That's awesome! Even if the scans aren't perfect, it's nice to start playing with them and I'm sure they'll continue on updating them.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:12 AM   #19
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Are you saying that most of these rookie scans are from 2k20 (MyTeam), because unless there were way more MT rookies than I was aware of, that doesn’t seem to be true (ie, there seems to be like 3-4x as many cyberfaces as that)

The fact that Pokusevski looks very accurate makes me think they may have developed a way to gather scans remotely, since I dont believe hes been stateside for any of this draft stuff
I'm not totally sure how many were available in 2K20 MyTeam (only 5 maybe) but they only have 17 of 60 players with an official render. That means they only worked on 10 to 12 (or less) players since this Summer.

That is completely unacceptable especially knowing that some of these players won't be available for scanning for some time. Why not just make renders, patch them in for this year & update/replace into 2K22 or beyond?

They did some similar lazy **** during the release of 2K16 or 2K17 so this isn't new or an isolated situation. They lean too heavy on the scanning tech & that has hurt the graphical/aesthetic quality of this class.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-19-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #20
Pro

dkemp's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New roster with draft picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Nah, homie.

By my count only 17 of the 60 players drafted have an actual render. And many of the players with renders are the same as from the MyTeam addition in June (for 2K20).

How the hell didn't they have renders ready for most of these draft choices? SMDH

They better have a roster update ready soon with more renders cause this is pathetic, TBH. Especially when a lot of the CAP faces are a terrible representation of their real face.

One new gen: roster update
I have all the draftees in my roster except Vit Krejci, Marko Simonovic, Yam Mader, and Justinian Jessup

Maybe you need to re-download or maybe your just referring to the face scans but all the draftees are there but those listed and yes I agree some face scans are terrible

Last edited by dkemp; 11-19-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #21
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New roster with draft picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
One new gen: roster update
I have all the draftees in my roster except Vit Krejci, Marko Simonovic, Yam Mader, and Justinian Jessup

Maybe you need to re-download or maybe your just referring to the face scans but all the draftees are there but those listed and yes I agree some face scans are terrible
I'm talking about renders not who is on the file. You mistakenly said that they all had face scans or renders, but they don't & 2K only provided 17 rookies with a render.

Very disappointing & hopefully they'll add more soon cause with two - way players we'll have a ton of terrible CAP faces in the game.

And they stupidly locked every rookie onto Nike sneakers. Now people will have to use a workaround to put them with Adidas, Under Armour, New Balance, etc.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-19-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #22
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1

The rookies that have scans (Melo, Wiseman) look really, really good. I'm fine with the rest of them, but hopefully they get some love, too.

Kind of irritated that in MyNBA they're all locked to Nike shoes, but I think you can get around that by importing/exporting PlayerDNA, right? (I know it's because they all haven't signed shoe deals yet).

MyNBA is almost ready to go!
Old 11-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #23
Rookie

If anyone's a Nuggets fan i noticed they dropped Jerami Grant to free agency in the new roster. I'm guessing it was to make room for the new rookies. I just dropped Troy Daniels and added Grant back. There's probably more teams this happened to so just a heads up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #24
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Nice! Question, does the potential rating mean that's the player's POSSIBLE ceiling and it can fluctuate up until that point, or can players pass their potential? I've never known if that was a set thing or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »