Home

Eaglerock562 NBA2K21 MyLeague Guide

This is a discussion on Eaglerock562 NBA2K21 MyLeague Guide within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Eaglerock562 NBA2K21 MyLeague Guide

What's good everyone? I hope everyone has been in good health and staying strong as we continue to march forward with this pandemic. I have to say that as soon as the NBA shutdown back in March I didn't play 2K20 at all, but instead I opted to spend my quarantine time playing Splinter Cell and Tom Clancy's The Division 1 & 2. If you haven't played The Division I would highly recommend it especially if you are into shooter/loot games because other than GTA 4 & 5, I haven't had this much fun playing an open world game. I did pre-order NBA2K21 The Black Mamba edition and along with it the bundle I got 2K21 for the new gen consoles coming out at the end of the year.

So I have briefly looked through game over the last couple days. Understanding that this game isn't going to see any major changes or updates until next month once the draft has taken place it gives me a good 4-5 weeks to comb through and really dive into what changes need to be made and what needs to be added for the 2020-21 season.

I have already noticed one thing just scrolling through all the teams in the game and that is that 2K updated their head coaches for some of the "best of" teams. For example the 2011-12 Knicks team, Mike Woodson is there as the Head Coach (so you can fire him and add him to your coaches pool for your MyLeague). Here's a quick list of the coaches I noticed.

2015-16 Cleveland Cavaliers - Tyronn Lue (he should be the Clippers lead assistant, instead it's Sam Cassell)

2012-13 Memphis Grizzlies - Lionel Hollins (obviously an assistant coach (2nd chair) with the Lakers behind Jason Kidd)

2011-12 New York Knicks - Mike Woodson (reportedly the Knicks have hired Woodson to be part of Thibodeau's staff)

2007-08 Denver Nuggets - George Karl (most likely has retired from coaching, but he's in the game so use him)

*Quick note - apparently for the Knicks currently they have Mike Woodson as their top assistant but the image is of Kaleb Canales ... Thibodeau's lead assistant is going to be Johnnie Bryant (who was with the Jazz)*

So anyways, I am starting to put together my NBA2K21 MyLeague Guide together so look back here periodically for updates til the 2020-21 season starts.

Stay safe everyone.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 10:35 PM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Eaglerock562 NBA2K21 MyLeague Guide

Since you brought up coaches, just FYI for those who are sticking with 2k20: Thibodeau is the coach of the D. Rose Bulls, so you can fire him from that team and assign him to the Knicks.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

A lot of players from the FA pool in 2k20 are missing from 2k21...
Old 09-09-2020, 06:45 AM   #4
MVP

I wouldn't say they are missing. From previous years 2K would "hide" players for various reasons that were in the game before. When we had the REDitor tool before XBOX 1 consoles came out that was one of the many things I noticed looking at the game files on my laptop. Those players are most likely still in the game but they are just "hidden". I don't expect any type of major update for the current gen version until the NBA Draft has taken place and with the news that the XBOX new gen consoles will be released on November 10 and since I bought the Mamba edition of 2K21 which included the next gen version I will probably wait the NBA Finals are over with before really diving into the game.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:59 AM   #5
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

How does this firing and hiring of coaches from old teams work in 2k20?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #6
MVP

I assume that everyone has read about the MyNBA mode that is on the new-gen game coming out on Tuesday ... all I can say is ... IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME

Old 11-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
I assume that everyone has read about the MyNBA mode that is on the new-gen game coming out on Tuesday ... all I can say is ... IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME
I Completely agree buddy.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 11-15-2020, 07:31 AM   #8
MVP

Got a guy that lives basically 5-10 minutes away with an xbox series s console on ebay for sale. Cross your fingers everyone cause I could be playing new gen 2K21 as early as 10:30 am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »