Home

NBA Origins: 1989-90 Edition (PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA Origins: 1989-90 Edition (PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA Origins: 1989-90 Edition (PS5)

Love this, brings back so many good memories of basketball ball at that time. Do you mind if I ask a question. Is there a scenario version that has a lower amount of games. I just can’t get through a season with this many games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Dazza1; 06-24-2021 at 06:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: NBA Origins: 1989-90 Edition (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandeleghe
What slider set are you guys using with this scenario? I'm trying to find a good "classic sliders" set to download but not seeing any yet...
The games I have played so far seem to be rather low scoring - thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdougswan
Great question. I figure the low scoring has a lot to do with the coaching strategies I altered, since not many teams were playing at a fast pace back then. I believe I made the Nuggets a bit more of a high-paced offense since their coach Doug Moe let them run up and down and fire 3s, but that might be the only team I have playing fast. I also notice that field goal percentages for big men are typically too low, but that seems to be an issue in the game regardless of the situation. Any slider experts out there?

I'm working on a 1984-85 roster for the PS5 and testing and developing sliders for it while I'm doing the roster. I'll upload the sliders when I'm done....should be good for 1989-90 as well. Scoring started dropping in the 90s and really dropped in the mid-90s though.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #27
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
I'm working on a 1984-85 roster for the PS5 and testing and developing sliders for it while I'm doing the roster. I'll upload the sliders when I'm done....should be good for 1989-90 as well. Scoring started dropping in the 90s and really dropped in the mid-90s though.
Any update on the sliders

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2021, 10:11 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlplayboy23
Any update on the sliders

Mostly done....should be finished up in a couple of days.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:07 AM   #29
Rookie

I uploaded my 1989 sliders for PS5. User name JimG_22 and file name is "1989 (AS - PvsCPU)". It's based off all-star difficulty and these are player vs. CPU sliders intended for defense where the player controls the on-ball defender. Inside/close shot success is bumped up a little due to my horrible timing on them, lol.... if you're good at the releases on them, I'd drop those down to 53 for the user. The min/max speed and acceleration caps are widened with the speed and acceleration attributes lowered slightly. So there is more speed variation among the players but they aren't sliding around out there at the top end speed. Just a heads up, these sliders won't work for CPU vs. CPU. The CPU defense settings are higher than the offense settings so the shooting will be awful if you tried to use them for a CPU vs. CPU game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »