Home

NBA X’s & O’s

This is a discussion on NBA X’s & O’s within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2021, 12:32 PM   #217
Rookie

javov10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA X’s & O’s

Hi vannwolfhawk, great work !!!
Any way to get your playbooks for 2k22 PS5 ?
Old 12-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #218
Pro

XxVal_MarXx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by javov10
Hi vannwolfhawk, great work !!!

Any way to get your playbooks for 2k22 PS5 ?
He will fall with the CelticLG roster
Old 12-08-2021, 09:23 AM   #219
MVP

OVR: 8

Updates!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2021, 01:33 AM   #220
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog

Updates!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I actually Tested all of these today. I’m going to add and revisit the final playbooks as there are a lot of great plays added or fixed that we didn’t have before. The overall team playbooks were a real let down though especially the Suns & Nuggets, but there were some great additions as far as individual team plays especially from Clippers, Cavs, & Pacers playbooks that we didn’t have before (but team scouted playbooks? No). It was also nice to see some more options out of double staggers and double drags with some rejects and iso options mixed in for some more variance now to keep users on their toes.

It will probably take me a few weeks to re finalize the teams again. Took a little hiatus for a few weeks so I feel a bit recharged again to tackle this, but it shouldn’t be that long or bad anyways as I just need to replace some plays as the testing is done…

I think someone said somewhere my playbook video went down? Not sure how or why? Maybe twitch only has them up for a set time? Maybe I need to look at settings. I’ll redo another 1 with all the updates finished teams in a few weeks…

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 12-09-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:21 AM   #221
Just started!

Van,your classic team play book is amazing!!!

I have a question that your idea is different from ATD in the post up game .You use 100 point total theory,but atd roster use "possibility" theory .Hmmm,I'm confused.

Then, I want to know if the aggressive backdown bug has been fixed.Do i need balance aggressive backdown ,face up,backdown to 100 or just like shimmy,i can give a number i like.

Hmm,i also want to see more draw fouls in post game.The post moves are to clean.Shaq,Yao,Kareem can get 30 pts but just have 4-6 FTA when i play Quarter Length - 10 Minutes game.Is it fixable?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2021, 07:46 AM   #222
Pro

JoFri's Arena

A quick update, I assign a SL playbook to the suns with some plays that I can easily recognise i.e. QUICK POINT 2, FIST HORNS CURL 2 etc. Then I assigned 3PT to both CP3 and Booker, while only P&R Point to CP3 and P&R Wing to Booker so the FIST plays would purely just run for each of them.

I saw a good mix of plays which the cpu called for the Suns. The cpu called for Booker after CP3 went to the bench to.

@Taildog, thanks for the news. Looking forward to the new play additions. Hope they are added to the last gen ...
Old 12-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #223
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
A quick update, I assign a SL playbook to the suns with some plays that I can easily recognise i.e. QUICK POINT 2, FIST HORNS CURL 2 etc. Then I assigned 3PT to both CP3 and Booker, while only P&R Point to CP3 and P&R Wing to Booker so the FIST plays would purely just run for each of them.

I saw a good mix of plays which the cpu called for the Suns. The cpu called for Booker after CP3 went to the bench to.

@Taildog, thanks for the news. Looking forward to the new play additions. Hope they are added to the last gen ...
Ya they will run for him when cp3 is off the court. Because of that I tried to stagger them more early in game but late in games it’s s problem. I was even trying cpu freelance and series stuff. I’ve gotten it better though and not as dominant as before but still a problem.

As far as new play update I’m 99.9% sure it’s just next gen updated. There were a few 100 new plays added all with underscores within them. Some much needed actions teams are running that didn’t exist before which is good…
Old 12-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #224
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri

This is what I did as a fix for the Suns and any team hardcoded in every 2K. Next gen also added 6 "Team" playbooks that can be used.

It would be great if 2k allowed us to edit the AI gameplan in the roster editing menu. The game plays great when they use a variety plays in their playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »