Home

NBA2K22 Roster Project: 1984-85 Season (PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA2K22 Roster Project: 1984-85 Season (PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K22 Roster Project: 1984-85 Season (PS5)

Done with the core players for the Trail Blazers: Vandeweghe, Drexler, Jim Paxson, Mychal Thompson, Valentine, Bowie, Carr, and Colter. Here's a preview. They changed their line-up around a lot that year so I'm still debating the final starting lineup. Sadly, there is no way to get a really good young Drexler jumpshot. He used to jump up high and kick his legs back. There is only 1 jumpshot base in the game that has any sort of kickback and it's the Barnett one which is just awful where he kicks his legs back spastically. He does it sometimes on the pull-up shot though. Next up, finishing up the end of the bench players for the teams that only have core players done so far.

Old 01-08-2022, 01:46 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
Correct. You can export their DNA from the draft class but once you start editing them in the roster file, things get glitchy. Was trying to get Clemon Johnson's contract added, which has to be done from the roster file, and it kept locking things up. Then I went into freestyle and Clemon is a ghost, can't see him on the court...he had no face image from the roster screen either. I thought maybe George Johnson was okay but then I go into Freestyle and he's a ghost too, can't see him...loaded up an exhibition game, same thing. They were both buggy last year when I was working on this roster too. You might get by with them for a little bit but it won't take long for the glitches to hit.

If I can find a good face for older J, I may use it instead. They changed the default faces somewhat so the same settings from the last couple of years don't look quite the same on these faces. I have no idea about MyTeam, I don't play that mode.

im working on an early 80s 76ers team, and i was wondering if you have any workaround for Clemon Johnson and George Johnson. I just actually used them in both exhibition and practice mode with no glitch apparently...so they are fixed maybe?

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Old 01-08-2022, 03:33 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
im working on an early 80s 76ers team, and i was wondering if you have any workaround for Clemon Johnson and George Johnson. I just actually used them in both exhibition and practice mode with no glitch apparently...so they are fixed maybe?

I think you'll be okay. The only problem I ran into is when I tried to change the contracts. That's when they started bugging out and going invisible. I'm setting contracts for everyone since I'm doing the entire league. If you're just doing various classic teams though and don't need to bother with contracts, they should be okay. I've had that team done for awhile though so I was planning on trying again with the ones from the draft class and see if that bug is gone now. I'll try it again today as I'm going in to work on rosters in a little bit.

EDIT: I just tested it again and seems to be working okay. I imported the appearance for the draft class Clem Johnson into the one in my roster. Then, I tested out the roster in freestyle, scrimmage, PlayNow and then back in freestyle again and then went back into the roster file and it didn't glitch on me. Did the same thing with my back-up roster file. I did not attempt to edit the contract though. It was already set in the CAP that I had in the roster and I just imported the DNA appearance. So I don't know if the contract editing will still break things but no need for me to edit the contract at this point.

Last edited by jimbo3772; 01-08-2022 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:12 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
I think you'll be okay. The only problem I ran into is when I tried to change the contracts. That's when they started bugging out and going invisible. I'm setting contracts for everyone since I'm doing the entire league. If you're just doing various classic teams though and don't need to bother with contracts, they should be okay. I've had that team done for awhile though so I was planning on trying again with the ones from the draft class and see if that bug is gone now. I'll try it again today as I'm going in to work on rosters in a little bit.

EDIT: I just tested it again and seems to be working okay. I imported the appearance for the draft class Clem Johnson into the one in my roster. Then, I tested out the roster in freestyle, scrimmage, PlayNow and then back in freestyle again and then went back into the roster file and it didn't glitch on me. Did the same thing with my back-up roster file. I did not attempt to edit the contract though. It was already set in the CAP that I had in the roster and I just imported the DNA appearance. So I don't know if the contract editing will still break things but no need for me to edit the contract at this point.

Oh cool! Yeah im not gonna touch the contracts at all!

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Old 01-08-2022, 09:14 PM   #61
Rookie

Remaining bench guys done for Lakers and Celtics. Working on the remaining end of bench guys for Rockets and Pistons.

EDIT - end of bench guys now done for Rockets and Blazers as well. Working on end of bench guys for Pistons, Mavericks and Jazz.

Last edited by jimbo3772; 01-13-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2022, 10:01 PM   #62
Rookie

End of bench guys for the Pistons now done too. Working on the last few guys on the Mavericks roster. The Jazz are the only other team that has some end of the bench guys left to finish and then I can move on to new teams.

I've also been working on a spreadsheet of all the players in the league and converting various stats from that season into certain player ratings and tendencies. So the best 3 point shooter from that season will be the best 3 point shooter in the roster, the best offensive rebounder from that season will be the best offensive rebounder in the roster, etc.

EDIT: Done with the end of bench guys for the Mavs

Last edited by jimbo3772; 01-18-2022 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 03:30 PM   #63
Rookie

Jazz are all done. Started up work on the Nuggets. Wow, what they did for Alex English is just criminal. Neither face or body type are even remotely similar to him. He looks awful. This guy was one of the best players in the league at that time, an All-Star and the 5th leading scorer in 1984-85. As one of the best players in the roster, I can't let this travesty stand...so I'm doing my own Alex English.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg English1.jpeg (158.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpeg English2.jpeg (139.8 KB, 87 views)
Old 01-31-2022, 02:44 AM   #64
Rookie

The full Nuggets team is done. Here's a preview. I created my own Alex English to replace the awful in-game one, as referenced above. Spurs are up next.

I also finished up my spreadsheet with certain attributes and tendencies that are based on actual stats from the 84-85 season. So that's done for everyone in the entire league. The best 3 point shooter in the league that year will be the highest rated 3 point shooter in the roster. Same for offensive rebounding, defensive rebounding, passing, blocks and steals attributes. Offensive and defensive consistency ratings are also based upon advanced stats from that year. Some of the Tendencies are also based upon actual stats such as amount of 3 point shots, as well as Dish To Open Man, Shoot, Touches, Play Discipline, Foul, Blocked Shot and Pass Interception/On-Ball Steal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »