Home

NBA 2K22 (PS5) Classic Team Season and Playoff Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 (PS5) Classic Team Season and Playoff Rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2022, 08:00 PM   #1
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
NBA 2K22 (PS5) Classic Team Season and Playoff Rosters

CREDIT TO MJWIZARDS as his phenomenal roster was used as a base and his okay was given.

File name: 1965-2005 Historic Teams Season
This roster has edits to shoes and accessories but more importantly includes teams that wore white shoes home and away during the season in real life doing so in the game.

File name: 1965-2005 Historic Team Playoffs
This roster has edits to shoes and accessories but more importantly includes teams that wore black shoes home and away during the playoffs in real life doing so in the game.

Notes:
Non-base game classic teams that were also edited include MJWizards' created 1993 Suns, 1997 Bulls, 1997 Rockets, 2001 Pacers and 2010 Lakers.

The majority of players (that are supposed to) wear a white version of a shoe for the season file and a black version for the playoffs. A few exceptions include Charles Barkley (All-Time Suns) and Scottie Pippen (1998 Bulls).

1987 and 1991 Lakers: select blue leg accessories in Team Select (for Magic Johnson and others)

1996, 1998, and All Time Bulls: select red leg accessories in Team Select (for Ron Harper)

Some teams similar to above are optional, such as selecting yellow leg accessories for 1971 Lakers (Chamberlain and others), green leg accessories for 1986 Celtics (Mchale) and blue leg accessories for 1995 Magic (Grant).

I wanted to get this out by July 1, so if there are any mistakes, please let me know. Again, credit to MJWizards for his base roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K22 (PS5) Classic Team Season and Playoff Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
CREDIT TO MJWIZARDS as his phenomenal roster was used as a base and his okay was given.

File name: 1965-2005 Historic Teams Season
This roster has edits to shoes and accessories but more importantly includes teams that wore white shoes home and away during the season in real life doing so in the game.

File name: 1965-2005 Historic Team Playoffs
This roster has edits to shoes and accessories but more importantly includes teams that wore black shoes home and away during the playoffs in real life doing so in the game.

Notes:
Non-base game classic teams that were also edited include MJWizards' created 1993 Suns, 1997 Bulls, 1997 Rockets, 2001 Pacers and 2010 Lakers.

The majority of players (that are supposed to) wear a white version of a shoe for the season file and a black version for the playoffs. A few exceptions include Charles Barkley (All-Time Suns) and Scottie Pippen (1998 Bulls).

1987 and 1991 Lakers: select blue leg accessories in Team Select (for Magic Johnson and others)

1996, 1998, and All Time Bulls: select red leg accessories in Team Select (for Ron Harper)

Some teams similar to above are optional, such as selecting yellow leg accessories for 1971 Lakers (Chamberlain and others), green leg accessories for 1986 Celtics (Mchale) and blue leg accessories for 1995 Magic (Grant).

I wanted to get this out by July 1, so if there are any mistakes, please let me know. Again, credit to MJWizards for his base roster.

Amazing job J! Gonna download it tomorrow

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Old 07-02-2022, 07:58 PM   #3
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
Amazing job J! Gonna download it tomorrow

Thanks MJ. I wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for your great roster project. I made sure to credit you on 2K Share in the description of both rosters as well.

I hate that 2K makes so many classic teams have black shoes with away uniforms. It’s not that hard to get right. And speaking of getting things right, the 1998 Bulls are the team that’s most off in the Playoff roster file. Not a lot of accurate black Jordan options for both home and away. I highly recommend using edited Jordan’s as I did in my own files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2022, 09:49 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Thanks MJ. I wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for your great roster project. I made sure to credit you on 2K Share in the description of both rosters as well.

I hate that 2K makes so many classic teams have black shoes with away uniforms. It’s not that hard to get right. And speaking of getting things right, the 1998 Bulls are the team that’s most off in the Playoff roster file. Not a lot of accurate black Jordan options for both home and away. I highly recommend using edited Jordan’s as I did in my own files.

Your knowledge about accessories and stuff is legendary imho, we should save it somewhere here on the forum.

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Old 07-03-2022, 03:43 PM   #5
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
Your knowledge about accessories and stuff is legendary imho, we should save it somewhere here on the forum.

Thanks MJ. I recently did over a thousand player appearances and accessories for the 7 major conferences for the March Madness Legacy mod. I’m all about accurate appearances.

Now that you mention it and I think about it, yeah I should have recorded the edits: for example, I found that suggested knee sleeves, braces, and pads from portlandblazer’s thread are different now. Those changes are reflected in these two rosters.

I can’t thank you enough for your work over the years and giving me the ok to use your great roster as a base. You’re a legend.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »