Home

RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2022, 01:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

Note - this slider set is designed and tested for for Current Gen.

This set is influenced by ideas from other great slider sets that I recommend checking out.

That said, it is important to note that Current Gen definitely playing a little different than Next Gen based on the slider ideas in the Next Gen sets. I have seen it reported that Da Czar has confirmed the Next Gen AI is different that Current gen so slider concepts that work in one may not work in the other.

So while I continue to monitor the Next Gen slider threads, Current Gen sliders will need to be different.

My usual caveats - I do not use the shot stick or aiming system. I'm a button shooter using Real Player %. Your style may require adjustments. I play Season Mode with a completely custom team (Seattle Skyhawks - see the images above).

I recommend making certain roster attribute, tendency, and badge changes as some issues can only be addressed through roster updates. More on that below.

Remember that everyone's playstyle, preferences, and skill is different so your experience may vary.

User vs CPU Sliders
Here are the sliders. These are early draft sliders that I will be updating as I test, get feedback, and adjust for 2K patch impacts.

Spoiler

Roster Edits for Attributes, Tendencies, and Badges

There are aspects of gameplay that can only be adjusted by making key roster edits. I recommend these changes.

Spoiler

MyLeague Settings

Here are the MyLeague setting I am using. For now I seem to be getting pretty good Sim stats, but you probably need to make the roster tendency edits noted below also.

Spoiler

Coaching Adjustments

Set the Help Defense slider to more than 70. I have every team set to 75 and like the help defense I'm seeing.

I have also set each team to Protect the Paint and Play Physical for better spacing and more fouls.

Reminders

Everyone's expectations, style, and skills are different. Use these and other sliders as ideas to try out and adjust to fit what works for you. Make suggestions and test things out. Post your findings and results for others to benefit. Be kind. Have fun.

Thanks again - as always!

Last edited by res2; 03-13-2023 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 01:19 AM   #2
Pro

Re: RES2 2K23 All Star Current Gen Sliders

Edit: Sliders now posted above. I'll add new game stats here once I have them.

Siders moved above. Game stats removed while I tinker.

Last edited by res2; 09-12-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:04 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's my first time playing 2k on PC since I no longer have a console.

I tried out your sliders (tweaked them slightly for my playstyle). I've been able to get pretty realistic play and stats except for a couple of areas.

CPU 3PA is still low (always in the 20's). I think part of it might be the CPU animations drive by my defense and score inside over them like they aren't even there. Have you experienced any of that?

I also noticed on offense when I'm on a fast break or have an open lane, my players tend to slow down and let the defense catch-up and end up taking a contested lay-up rather than what should have been an easy dunk.

Not sure which sliders I can adjust to amend these minor issues without affecting everything else that's working seamlessly.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller45123
It's my first time playing 2k on PC since I no longer have a console.

I tried out your sliders (tweaked them slightly for my playstyle). I've been able to get pretty realistic play and stats except for a couple of areas.

CPU 3PA is still low (always in the 20's). I think part of it might be the CPU animations drive by my defense and score inside over them like they aren't even there. Have you experienced any of that?

I also noticed on offense when I'm on a fast break or have an open lane, my players tend to slow down and let the defense catch-up and end up taking a contested lay-up rather than what should have been an easy dunk.

Not sure which sliders I can adjust to amend these minor issues without affecting everything else that's working seamlessly.
I hear you.

On 3PA I like the attempts in the 20s because I grew up on 80s and 90s basketball LOL.

For higher attempts, there is room to increase the 3 Point tendency. I think I only have it at 65 for now, so bump that up in 5 click increments until you are getting attempts you like.

For the fast breaks, some of this continues to be just how the game is coded, but it's better than previous years. I think increasing the Hustle slider can help. Bump up Hustle for the user and see if that seems to improve it.

I'm out at a conference for work so won't be able to test for a couple of days but I'd love to hear back on any results you see.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2022, 12:37 PM   #5
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

I’m not seeing double teams, even when I should be. Is there a setting I am missing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2022, 02:30 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
I’m not seeing double teams, even when I should be. Is there a setting I am missing ?

Check the team coaching tendencies on your roster. The coaching tendency for help defense was mistakenly set to 0 for all teams. I think this impacts double teams. This value should be set to 50 or more for each team.

2K will patch this soon (hopefully) but you may need to adjust this ourselves for now.

See if this change helps.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
Check the team coaching tendencies on your roster. The coaching tendency for help defense was mistakenly set to 0 for all teams. I think this impacts double teams. This value should be set to 50 or more for each team.

2K will patch this soon (hopefully) but you may need to adjust this ourselves for now.

See if this change helps.

When I get home tonight, I'll add a link to the thread in the general forum that references this help defense bug.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:35 PM   #8
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

I can’t find coaching tendencies. Feel like I’m going crazy lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »