Home

Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2023, 05:30 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been in 2K for a while now. I'm not sure how to proceed in creating more possessions to compare to the simmed games. For example, looking for suggestions from you all on ways to make it possible to have one of those 145-135 games we seem when stimulating and in the NBA.

It might be as obvious as just jacking up the offense TREMENDOUSLY for both sides, but would need to keep shooting percent in check too.

What are your thoughts? Best sports game I've played in a long, long time otherwise.

Increasing game speed helps a little but teams still can’t quite get teams to take 90 attempts per game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2023, 08:41 PM   #122
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Hey guys, still lurking by admittedly I cannot get past not having enough possessions. It's arguably a minor thing, but I can't seem to look past it.

Any other ideas? Thanks for sharing ideas such as increasing game speed. I don't see many people talking about it, so maybe it's not a big deal to most of us!?
Old 04-22-2023, 09:49 AM   #123
Just started!

Hey I noticed that turning up the shooting sliders such as “take inside shots” seems to help. Hope that helps!
Old 04-22-2023, 02:57 PM   #124
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler252
Hey I noticed that turning up the shooting sliders such as “take inside shots” seems to help. Hope that helps!
It does help. Thank you. Do you have any further details? What did you change? Did you see these changes posted somewhere with success?
Old 04-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #125
Just started!

hello I'm looking for someone who knows sliders to make sliders for me!
I am looking for fluid, fair gameplay where the computer actively plays in attack and defense. The most important in my opinion is that the game is not heavy in the movements without being unreal in terms of speed but where there is no latency or blockages. When a player receives the ball, you have to be able to follow the next movement directly. And of course without the computer seeming unable to defend.
And finally you also need a gameplay where if you get open shots, they more often come in half distance, 3pts etc.
Thanks so much for answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2023, 08:19 PM   #126
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiO248
hello I'm looking for someone who knows sliders to make sliders for me!
I am looking for fluid, fair gameplay where the computer actively plays in attack and defense. The most important in my opinion is that the game is not heavy in the movements without being unreal in terms of speed but where there is no latency or blockages. When a player receives the ball, you have to be able to follow the next movement directly. And of course without the computer seeming unable to defend.
And finally you also need a gameplay where if you get open shots, they more often come in half distance, 3pts etc.
Thanks so much for answer.
There are lots of good slider gurus out there (I've always preferred Mike Lowe's and Armor and Swords approach)...BUT no wrong answers.

Dowie
Old 04-22-2023, 08:56 PM   #127
Just started!

Did someone define each slider? what do each of the sliders do in the game?
Example if you increase something to +50 what does it do and if you put it to -50 etc?
Old 06-02-2023, 04:09 PM   #128
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Mike,

You sliders are always money, I use 'em in every game you post 'em. I wish you would post a set for Madden instead of the app but I'll take whatever I can get.

For what it's worth, here are the tweaks I made:

I use Real FG% instead of user timing. I like having the ratings play more into the results rather than my stick skills. For free throws I keep the user timing, no meter, for some reason Real FT % seems to produce too high of FT%.

Shot Impact Timing is at 0 for both CPU and User. I don't know if it makes any difference when using Real FG% but I have it zero'd out anyway.

Hands @ 100 for both. I want to see as many tipped passes, loose balls and chaos as possible. Never seems to be enough but this + Ball Security @ 100 and Go For Steal @ 100 makes it pretty darn close.

Post Shots @ 100. I want big guys that actually are forces down low offensively to feel that way.

Attack the Basket @ 100. I love this tweak. Make the elite slashers a real problem, you feel like you have to bring help, try for a strip, take a charge, etc. This increases fouls and FT attempts as well. Plus it opens up the drive and kick game with the inside and close shot tendencies lower at 30.

Look for Post Players @ 100. It at least gives scoring bigs more touches.

Play Passing Lanes @ 100. Really discourages lazy or risky passes, which I think is important because it's a bit unrealistic the court vision we have as the user with the camera up high.

Go for On-Ball Steals @ 100. Increases non-shooting fouls, increases loose balls, and makes the user have to consciously protect the ball and not get lax with it.

Reaching Foul Frequency @ 100. More non-shooting fouls, it's a bit of a hokey way to do it but there aren't nearly enough blocking and hand checking fouls so this is they way I try to make up for those.

With your base + these tweaks the game is really, really fun. Thanks for your work as always.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »