Home

NBA 2K23 Pro+++ sliders

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Pro+++ sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA 2K23 Pro+++ sliders

These are set on Pro difficulty with some big adjustments to make the cpu more difficult, but still not on the Allstar level. Allstar is too difficult for me, and I suppose you could adjust sliders to make them easier. But I've always preferred a lower level and making it harder rather than a higher difficulty and making the AI easier. I think the gameplay turns out better that way in all sports games.

80s and 90s era ONLY:

●I have global edited 3pt shot tendencies AND foul tendencies for simulated stats to be correct. I am thinking now for PLAYED games I will be adjusting the foul tendency back up for MY user team only. Then lower back for any games I simulate.

Game speed- 50

Quarter Length- 12 minutes

Simulated- 12 minutes (see my thread for setting up simulation sliders for realistic stats).

REAL PLAYER% ONLY!!

●All sliders are shown as User/Cpu. If only one value shown then it is the same for both.

☆Version 1.2☆

Offense

Inside shot- ***42/44*
Close shot- ***42/44*
Mid range- ***46/47*
3pt success- 56* (61 for 80s and 90s era)
Layup success- 45/46*
Shot coverage- 50
Shot timing impact- 50
Dunk in traffic frequency- 35
Dunk in traffic success- 45
Pass accuracy- 5/5
Alley-oop success- 50
Contact shot- 12
Ball security- 0
Body up sensitivity- 50/68**
Pass speed- 30

Defense

Driving contact- 100
Inside contact- 100
Layup strength takeoff- 80/75**
Layup strength release- 80/75
Jump shot gather- 70/65***
Jump shot release- 65/60***
Help defense strength- 70
Steal success- 65/75**

Attributes

Acceleration- 50**
Vertical- 50
Strength- 50
Stamina- 47
Speed- 50
Durability- 45
Hustle- 50
Ball handling- 25/40
Hands- 70
Dunking ability- 50
On-ball defense- **50/75
Stealing- 50
Blocking- 48/50
Offensive awareness- 50/100**
Defensive awareness- 50/80**
Offensive rebounding- 47/40
Defensive rebounding- 40
Offensive consistency- 40/45**
Defensive consistency- 40/45**
Fatigue rate- 52
Lateral quickness- 50

Tendencies

Inside shots- 50
Close shots- 50
Mid range shots- 50
3pt shots- 50/55***(55 ATD./60 2k roster)
Post shots- 50
Attack the basket- 50/75***
Look for post players- 50
Throw alley oops- 50
Attempt dunks- 35
Attempt putbacks- 85
Play passing lanes- 80
Go for on ball steals- 100
Contest shots- 65
Backdoor cuts- 50

Fouls

USER- ALL 100 except reach in foul is 95.

CPU- ALL 100 except reach in foul is 85, and shooting foul is 90.

Movement

Alternate 63/43 down the list. 63 is max speed, 43 is minimum speed throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

Last edited by DarthRambo; 11-08-2022 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2022, 07:18 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K23 Pro+++ sliders

Are these good for CPU vs CPU?
Old 10-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Are these good for CPU vs CPU?
Don't see why not, but never tested.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Old 10-18-2022, 07:06 PM   #4
Pro

I’ve run two game tests of your sliders with CPU vs CPU and they work really well. The only tweak I made was raising dunk in traffic frequency up to 50 and attempt dunks to 45 (although I might swap them or make them both 45).

After doing that I did two CPU vs CPU games using the 1992 rosters (using Knicks as my team) and played a home game against the Hawks and an away game vs the Warriors.

The Hawks game was a blow out with the Knicks winning 106-79 and dominating from the start. Shooting percentages were high with Hawks shooting 49% and Knicks shooting 53% for the game. Hawks committed 15 turnovers and that was the big difference maker.

I admit after that first game I thought the sliders might be skewed too much for offense and found the shooting percentages high.

Next game against the warriors Hardaway and Mullin put on a shooting clinic and Warriors beat the Knicks 95-84. Shooting wise it was far better with the Knicks shooting 42% and Warriors shooting 47% for the game. Turnovers were low for both teams (4 each) and it was actually a really close game until the final 5 minutes when the Warriors pulled away and the Knicks couldn’t buy a bucket.

Interestingly, player wise the players all kind of played to their expectations. Ewing got 24 points, 13 rebounds and 2 blocks against the Hawks and totally dominated with Warriors with 45 points, 19 rebounds and 2 blocks. The biggest let down was that against the Hawks the Knicks supporting cast were amazing and against the Warriors on the road they were trash.

Similarly for the Hawks, Dominique had a really quiet game with only 16 points whilst Kevin Willis led their team with 24 points and 16 rebounds.

Overall I’m loving the sliders. I’ll test another 2-3 games hoping to see a repeat of a high scoring free flowing game and maybe a defensive battle.

The team fouls were about 10 per team each game which is low and results in nobody getting into foul trouble but I didn’t adjust your tendencies mostly because the teams don’t miss from the free throw line. Across both games the teams shot 48 free throws which is okay but they shot 96% combined (46/48) which is way too high and there is no real way to fix this apart from possibly another global edit that drops free throw attributes for all players. Have you thought about this at all?

Anyway, great sliders and I’m going to keep going with them.
Old 10-21-2022, 01:25 PM   #5
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
I’ve run two game tests of your sliders with CPU vs CPU and they work really well. The only tweak I made was raising dunk in traffic frequency up to 50 and attempt dunks to 45 (although I might swap them or make them both 45).

After doing that I did two CPU vs CPU games using the 1992 rosters (using Knicks as my team) and played a home game against the Hawks and an away game vs the Warriors.

The Hawks game was a blow out with the Knicks winning 106-79 and dominating from the start. Shooting percentages were high with Hawks shooting 49% and Knicks shooting 53% for the game. Hawks committed 15 turnovers and that was the big difference maker.

I admit after that first game I thought the sliders might be skewed too much for offense and found the shooting percentages high.

Next game against the warriors Hardaway and Mullin put on a shooting clinic and Warriors beat the Knicks 95-84. Shooting wise it was far better with the Knicks shooting 42% and Warriors shooting 47% for the game. Turnovers were low for both teams (4 each) and it was actually a really close game until the final 5 minutes when the Warriors pulled away and the Knicks couldn’t buy a bucket.

Interestingly, player wise the players all kind of played to their expectations. Ewing got 24 points, 13 rebounds and 2 blocks against the Hawks and totally dominated with Warriors with 45 points, 19 rebounds and 2 blocks. The biggest let down was that against the Hawks the Knicks supporting cast were amazing and against the Warriors on the road they were trash.

Similarly for the Hawks, Dominique had a really quiet game with only 16 points whilst Kevin Willis led their team with 24 points and 16 rebounds.

Overall I’m loving the sliders. I’ll test another 2-3 games hoping to see a repeat of a high scoring free flowing game and maybe a defensive battle.

The team fouls were about 10 per team each game which is low and results in nobody getting into foul trouble but I didn’t adjust your tendencies mostly because the teams don’t miss from the free throw line. Across both games the teams shot 48 free throws which is okay but they shot 96% combined (46/48) which is way too high and there is no real way to fix this apart from possibly another global edit that drops free throw attributes for all players. Have you thought about this at all?

Anyway, great sliders and I’m going to keep going with them.
Thanks, man. Not really thought about lowering free throw attribute globally but seems like that's for sure the only way to get anyone to miss.

And who knows, even that may not work. Definitely something I may look into soon though. Probably lowering -20 or 25 to start.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2022, 07:27 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk-eeter_B
Thanks, man. Not really thought about lowering free throw attribute globally but seems like that's for sure the only way to get anyone to miss.

And who knows, even that may not work. Definitely something I may look into soon though. Probably lowering -20 or 25 to start.

The only thing that stops me is that when you CPU vs CPU a game you only shoot a relatively smaller amount of FTs. If teams were shooting closer to 40 total free throws per game instead of 20-25 per game make the misses would be better but I agree with you I’m not sure.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:46 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
The only thing that stops me is that when you CPU vs CPU a game you only shoot a relatively smaller amount of FTs. If teams were shooting closer to 40 total free throws per game instead of 20-25 per game make the misses would be better but I agree with you I’m not sure.
Apparently this latest patch fixed the slider. Now the free throw difficulty slider functions properly. But I guess that doesn't help with the cpu never missing free throws since they don't have a FT difficulty slider.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:00 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk-eeter_B
Apparently this latest patch fixed the slider. Now the free throw difficulty slider functions properly. But I guess that doesn't help with the cpu never missing free throws since they don't have a FT difficulty slider.

Someone mentioned (don't recall where I saw it) that the CPU Shot Timing slider might impact CPU free throws but I have not tested it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »