Home

TC's 2K23 MyEra Super Star Real FG% Sliders (PS5/X)

This is a discussion on TC's 2K23 MyEra Super Star Real FG% Sliders (PS5/X) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2023, 10:24 AM   #17
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TC's 2K23 MyEra All Star Real FG% Sliders (PS5/X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
For me, I think the further you get from default, the more often weird things happen.. I played another game this morning as the Warriors against the Nuggets. Jumped out to an early lead and never gave it up for the entire game. Steph and Klay made their shots anytime the nuggets pulled within 5. Joker dominated, but as a team they shot %18 from 3 and this was the first game I played where the computer was just throwing up 3’s constantly.. at half they were 3-22 from 3 and the Warriors were 6-14.. they started making some in the second half but I would answer everytime. Won by 4

How have yours and the CPU’s 3pt percentage been? Through 15 games I’m third to last (31%) and my 3pt defense is like 4th best in the league (32%). I know neither of those numbers are out of the norm but the highest I’ve seen either of us shoot from 3 is 42% which is a little low. Curious if you’re seeing the same thing?
Old 02-07-2023, 11:01 AM   #18
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

OVR: 0

I am actually thinking about bumping the user to 55 and the cpu up to 56 to see what happens. Also thinking about bumping the cpu mid range up 1 to 55 as well. I have only played a handful of games recently. Been grinding out guns on shoot the ship in mw2, made another Demon's Souls run, and I used the same theory from default All-Star and started playing The Show again.

Games are competitive, and when using different teams each game feels different. I played as the Trailblazers for the first time right after playing as Golden State and controlling Dame felt like playing a completely different game. Played against the Suns and won by 14. Booker made some 3's under pressure but also missed more open shots than I would have liked. This was actually the game that made me want to boost cpu mid range a click. The Nuggets game where they were 3/22 from 3 at half is why I plan to bump the CPU up 2 clicks.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:24 AM   #19
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
I am actually thinking about bumping the user to 55 and the cpu up to 56 to see what happens. Also thinking about bumping the cpu mid range up 1 to 55 as well. I have only played a handful of games recently. Been grinding out guns on shoot the ship in mw2, made another Demon's Souls run, and I used the same theory from default All-Star and started playing The Show again.

Games are competitive, and when using different teams each game feels different. I played as the Trailblazers for the first time right after playing as Golden State and controlling Dame felt like playing a completely different game. Played against the Suns and won by 14. Booker made some 3's under pressure but also missed more open shots than I would have liked. This was actually the game that made me want to boost cpu mid range a click. The Nuggets game where they were 3/22 from 3 at half is why I plan to bump the CPU up 2 clicks.

Awesome, thanks for the input. I haven’t felt the need to up mid range but I’ll definitely keep an eye on it. Mid range has been very player dependent, I’ve seen some really good players kill me from mid range. Here’s what I’m going to test in my next game…

3pt @ 55 for both user and cpu

Ball security @ 50 for cpu (bring it level with the user, I haven’t been seeing enough turnovers from the CPU, too many games with 5 or less.)

Hustle @ 50 for both user and cpu (I believe it will make the CPU more aggressive offensively and play with more pace.)
Old 02-07-2023, 01:13 PM   #20
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Awesome, thanks for the input. I haven’t felt the need to up mid range but I’ll definitely keep an eye on it. Mid range has been very player dependent, I’ve seen some really good players kill me from mid range. Here’s what I’m going to test in my next game…

3pt @ 55 for both user and cpu

Ball security @ 50 for cpu (bring it level with the user, I haven’t been seeing enough turnovers from the CPU, too many games with 5 or less.)

Hustle @ 50 for both user and cpu (I believe it will make the CPU more aggressive offensively and play with more pace.)
Me bumping up Mid Range may just be for me. I am pretty good at staying on guys and contesting their shots. I would still like to see guys making more contested shots, but I haven't quite got that figured out yet.

I like the Ball Security move to 50
I have had Hustle at 50 for both the whole time. I've actually thought about turning it simply because I like to see more Hustle. I know back on 20 or 21 when I played for a bit, I had it at 100

Last edited by dar3816; 02-07-2023 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:04 PM   #21
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Me bumping up Mid Range may just be for me. I am pretty good at staying on guys and contesting their shots. I would still like to see guys making more contested shots, but I haven't quite got that figured out yet.

I like the Ball Security move to 50
I have had Hustle at 50 for both the whole time. I've actually thought about turning it simply because I like to see more Hustle. I know back on 20 or 21 when I played for a bit, I had it at 100

Do you ever play off ball defense? The reason I ask is because the CPU makes way more contested shots against my CPU teammates. If I make a good contest, the CPU misses more often than not. That’s why I really encourage playing with gameplay indicators off as well, makes defense really hard at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2023, 03:37 PM   #22
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Do you ever play off ball defense? The reason I ask is because the CPU makes way more contested shots against my CPU teammates. If I make a good contest, the CPU misses more often than not. That’s why I really encourage playing with gameplay indicators off as well, makes defense really hard at times.
Yes, I play off ball as well. I mix it up. I try to play defense with the guards and let the big guys do what they do.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:35 AM   #23
MVP

tc020791's Arena

This game is starting to make me scratch my head. I tried 3pt shooting and 56 for both user and CPU and of course it didn’t work, if anything it had a reverse affect somehow. Teams went from shooting 32% from 3, to shooting 20%. If you look around at most slider sets, 3pt shot is usually over 60 which tells me there’s something definitely off. You shouldn’t have to put it up that high to get decent percentages. Idk if it’s truly reversed or what’s going on, but I can say that it’s definitely not working exactly as intended.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:46 PM   #24
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

I agree I played as the Mavs against the Nuggets and while the human 3point percentage was good, the CPU was not. They made more than previous games, but they also shot waaaay more, and not good shots either. They were throwing up turn around fade aways from 30ft

Also, I did try to mess with the Shot Coverage Impact slider, turned it to 30 for human and CPU. Bad idea, I was up by 40 at half. Then after setting that back, I turned Hustle up to see how that impacted the game. My team was blocking EVERYTHING in the paint. Didn't see any difference for CPU

Last edited by dar3816; 02-09-2023 at 04:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »