Home

NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2022, 11:58 PM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

It's been a ROUGH last couple hours for those of us unfortunate enough to miss out on a trip to New Zealand this morning, but after an incredibly long day of watching every video and reading every single comment in the "2K23 Early Impressions" thread, I am ready to come out of the gates swinging.

From what I've been seeing and hearing, the guys over at 2K actually messed around and fixed: PnR defense... Help defense... OP brickwall defenders... Fastbreak rubber-banding... Lack of explosiveness from slashers on the perimeter... In-game injuries... AI attacking tendencies... AND they got the CPU going to the FT line at default????

If all this is true, we are in for one hell of a year. Is this FINALLY the year to upend 2K11 as the GOAT? Let's find out...

What's New in v0.0.2
- Updated Game Speed and attributes to offset 2K's micro-changes to movement
- Shot Success tweaked to nerf PiP
- Tweaks to multiple sliders to increase turnovers and create more fast-break opportunities
- Foul sliders maxed out to give more team fouls

2K Default Roster Slider Set v0.0.3 *ALPHA* - 9/17 Update

Spoiler

PS5 2K Share
Online ID: EccentricMeat
Content Name: Eccentric v003

XBX/S 2K Share
Online ID: Dar_Veider
Content Name: Eccentric Modern V3

Now remember, this is just the foundation upon which my later slider sets will be built on. There is plenty of work left to be done before these are anywhere near final. However, in my opinion these sliders make the game look and feel noticeably better than the out-of-the-box gameplay (which is already great as it is), and I hope you guys feel the same way.

PLEASE post any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, positive or negative, so that I know what people like about my slider set and what I need to improve on. Also, please post any and all personal findings and/or tweaks you've tried out. Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc. And also, it's just fun to see the results everyone is getting and to have a discussion on what can be improved/what should be left alone.

Check out this post by mvpstax to get a refresher on what exactly "realistic stats" should look like in the modern NBA: 2K21 Realistic Stats to Strive For

Have a question about sliders or want to know how to fix an issue you have with the gameplay? Ask it here and I'll do what I can to help you out! I try to make my posts as informational as possible so that everyone has the knowledge needed to tweak the game to their own preference and skill level. Teach a man to fish, and all that

And as always, PLEASE feel free to give my thread 5 stars and LIKE this post if you enjoy my work. It shows others that these are quality sliders, and it makes me feel a little warm inside, too.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 09-19-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 03:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Next-Gen Slider Set

Hope all of this first impressions come true. I didn’t enjoy any nba 2k since 2k16… Waiting for this firts version of your sliders. Thank you so much man!! 🙌🙌
Old 09-09-2022, 04:08 AM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

I've been playing for 4 hours straight and it's very good! Definitely some work needed to get just the right flow and feel, but those MASSIVE issues from years past (CPU not getting to the FT line, help defense and PnR defense being braindead, AI attacking like they've never played basketball) are basically solved right out of the box!

Only problem is, I'm terrible with the new dribbling system and I haven't played 2K since June, so I can't really use my games tonight for anything more than getting back some of that skill and learning the new systems. Annnnnd I'm dead tired, so I have to call it quits until the morning.

I planned to get a few tweaks posted before I catch some Z's, but that's not gonna happen. I'm so bad at the game right now that it's holding my testing back lol. Ah well, we go again in the morning.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Take your time and enjoy the game!! We wait for this sliders.
My firts impresions are very, very good. I’m playing with Knicks at Magic Era at all-star difficult and I’m enjoying the game so badly ����. Hope 2k dont mess this game with future patch because right now feels very good and with good sliders it will be the best 2k game ever ��.

Last edited by Aicarg; 09-09-2022 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Eccentric- look forward to your set this year. Do the movement sliders work as intended?

Movement feels much better this year but I’m sure you can really dial it in with working sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 06:30 PM   #6
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Eccentric- look forward to your set this year. Do the movement sliders work as intended?

Movement feels much better this year but I’m sure you can really dial it in with working sliders.
They do seem to be working, but not nearly as much of difference as I would expect between setting the Max Speed/Accel w/ Ball sliders to 100 and then 0. Which is fine, since speed with the ball doesn't need any kind of wild corrections either way this year.
Old 09-10-2022, 05:37 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

the game is so good out of the box to me that i think very minimum change to sliders is needed this year, actually this hasn't been the case since nba2k16 tha that the game is playable right awawy? hope no patches gonna screw up things this year! what u guys think?
Old 09-10-2022, 06:13 AM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
the game is so good out of the box to me that i think very minimum change to sliders is needed this year, actually this hasn't been the case since nba2k16 tha that the game is playable right awawy? hope no patches gonna screw up things this year! what u guys think?
Agreed, the game is fantastic out of the box. Though there are a lot of little "issues" that can be improved upon so my work will still be time consuming. Not to mention how amped I am to dive into the MyNBA Eras, which will need varying slider tweaks to be realistic for each specific era.

And speak of the devil, the first patch has just dropped. Time to dive in and see what's been changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »