Home

the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #65
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: the_future420's 12 Min Simulation All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Yeah, I liked the game out of the box but needed help with shooting %. I used the user/CPU everything that dude posted but kept tendencies the same. I always feel like changing them (especially this year) will have teams putting up nearly the same time of shots.

Without touching them I've seen the Bucks launch threes when their shooters are in, bulls varied but did try to feed boozer low with rose slashing off ball, spurs fed Duncan and basically created chaos through Parker, etc.

Give it a shot.

Dude made a dope foundation here. Thanks, bro.

Bro, post your sliders up. So we can see the changes you did. I myself would like to see your shooting % are, cuz this game the % are way to high..........jim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
Bro, post your sliders up. So we can see the changes you did. I myself would like to see your shooting % are, cuz this game the % are way to high..........jim
Man, I just wrote that I used Futures sliders except for the user/CPU tendencies (kept on whatever the simulation levels were).
Old 11-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #67
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm using these on pro level, and so far I'm having decent games. I just couldn't hang on all star, which is weird because I was playing on superstar on CG. The spacing on pro seems to be a lot better. On all star, it seemed like CPU defenders were draped all over my perimeter shooters, making it impossible to drive and kick. On pro, I finally feel like I can run my offense, and most importantly, it's still fun. I'm not one who likes to cheese the CPU or win every game, but I was getting beyond frustrated on all star. I'm still having trouble with turnovers because the CPU still gets their hands on a lot of passes. That's something that I'll need to improve on, since some people seem to have more of this issue than others.

As far as the sliders themselves, a few things I've noticed:

1. The CPU takes A LOT of 3s. My last game against the bucks, they shot 31 three pointers. I think they had a total of about 115 shots (the game went into OT).

2. CPU gets way too many offensive rebounds, or human defensive rebounding needs to be raised. Larry Sanders was a beast on the offensive boards last game. I don't know if he's known for that or what, but he had at least a half dozen offensive boards on his own, not to mention the other bigs who got their share as well. On too many of those possessions, I saw Blake Griffin and DJ just staring at the bucks players on the boards. And when they did jump, it looked like they were jumping from quick sand.

3. CPU PIP may be a little high. I don't know what league averages are supposed to be, but in the games that I've played, the CPU hovers around 50% PIP, if not more. If that's where it's supposed to be, then cool. I'm just not sure on that.

4. FG% for me seem to be right on. I think the bucks shot 46%, and when I played the celtics, they shot 48%. My FG% was high against the Bucks because I had 60 PIP, which is the most I've ever had (Blake Griffin had a MONSTER game).

Anyway, I ended up winning that game in OT, which is awesome, as it was my first win since switching to NG. Looking forward to playing more games this weekend.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
I'm using these on pro level, and so far I'm having decent games. I just couldn't hang on all star, which is weird because I was playing on superstar on CG. The spacing on pro seems to be a lot better. On all star, it seemed like CPU defenders were draped all over my perimeter shooters, making it impossible to drive and kick. On pro, I finally feel like I can run my offense, and most importantly, it's still fun. I'm not one who likes to cheese the CPU or win every game, but I was getting beyond frustrated on all star. I'm still having trouble with turnovers because the CPU still gets their hands on a lot of passes. That's something that I'll need to improve on, since some people seem to have more of this issue than others.

As far as the sliders themselves, a few things I've noticed:

1. The CPU takes A LOT of 3s. My last game against the bucks, they shot 31 three pointers. I think they had a total of about 115 shots (the game went into OT).

2. CPU gets way too many offensive rebounds, or human defensive rebounding needs to be raised. Larry Sanders was a beast on the offensive boards last game. I don't know if he's known for that or what, but he had at least a half dozen offensive boards on his own, not to mention the other bigs who got their share as well. On too many of those possessions, I saw Blake Griffin and DJ just staring at the bucks players on the boards. And when they did jump, it looked like they were jumping from quick sand.

3. CPU PIP may be a little high. I don't know what league averages are supposed to be, but in the games that I've played, the CPU hovers around 50% PIP, if not more. If that's where it's supposed to be, then cool. I'm just not sure on that.

4. FG% for me seem to be right on. I think the bucks shot 46%, and when I played the celtics, they shot 48%. My FG% was high against the Bucks because I had 60 PIP, which is the most I've ever had (Blake Griffin had a MONSTER game).

Anyway, I ended up winning that game in OT, which is awesome, as it was my first win since switching to NG. Looking forward to playing more games this weekend.
Sanders put up 20 Pts, 22 rebounds on me. Bucks had 36 PiP, Bulls had 38. I've had teams that just dump into paint though. Large emphasis is on POE and how well user uses defense. Matchups also (team and player). If you have weak interior defense the CPU will exploit you.

No more "just playing". You may need to play that guy on the end of your bench to stay in the fight. Sure you lose offensive power but maybe you stop the post or perimeter.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #69
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Man, I just wrote that I used Futures sliders except for the user/CPU tendencies (kept on whatever the simulation levels were).
oh, ok got it...must of missed that, fg% still a little high, i may lower the sliders a tad,(shooting sliders) and keep the rest as you said.....thanks bro
Old 11-24-2013, 03:32 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 17

Hey guys, I'm streaming live now as well as adjusting some sliders on twitch. Check my sig for the link
Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Hey guys, I'm streaming live now as well as adjusting some sliders on twitch. Check my sig for the link
Did you update the 1st post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #72
MVP

Hey, future, I don't really get the gather sliders and what they do, but how can I make layups harder. (More or less contested put backs for user)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »