Home

Different Approach Seems to be Working

This is a discussion on Different Approach Seems to be Working within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Different Approach Seems to be Working

These play pretty good with the patch. I'm having competitive games. Glad the game speed is 50 on these I had been playing with some sliders at 45 had the whole game messed up. Especially with the canned animations. I'm not seeing the ball forced down low issue. I just had a game against the hawks and I believe they were at around 35 PIP in a 10 min qtr game. I had an 11 min qtr game against Mil and they had mid 40s PIP. I'll keep testing and update but I like these so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I gotta say, from the OS slider community-- especially for its 2k (and when still being made, college hoops) titles, these sliders look fresh and have a different look to them...

One thing I want to ask the OP or anyone who has used these sliders: how many minutes do you play per game with these? I was going to use them for my Be a GM mode, and go somewhere between 10-12 minutes per quarter for played games, possibly just forcing myself to sim a handful to save time and hope for the best (keeping sim time at 12 minutes as I always have).

Curious if the sliders look good with 12 minutes alongside 'em? Or if 10 would/might work better?

I'll post stats/impressions after my first game here shortly, which admittedly, will be 12 minute quarters to start out.

Thanks for sharing...these do look interesting- and different from the normal slider set!

(One last question.... will these still work with user rosters, as I had read you mention that you felt the next gen and patch made it so it is meant to work with the roster's original ratings, or something like that..... I have the Forte IV OS rosters with the most up-to-date update, I presume..... will I still get good results with these? And this is with the bad trading dynamic aside, nothing to do with that.... I don't know what to expect there going in yet admittedly, since I didn't get a franchise going prior to the patch allegedly addressing the issue.)

Thanks again, and I'll report back with initial impressions + a brief write-up/box score as soon as I have gotten to try 'em and play a full game!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Really liking these sliders so far. Great work!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Just played my first game with these sliders and got absolutely destroyed in my Raptor's MyGM by the bucks. IN the first quarter they went 6 for 8 from 3pt land and shot 71% from the field, scoring 44 points!! All but 2 threes were contested. I shot 46% and scored 32 points which I thought was okay, Derozan was 4/4 for 3pointers. By the end of the first half they had made 10 3s and were ahead 75-50, so I simulated to the end and lost 114 to 99.

I am going to try these again as I know 1 game isn't enough for judging, but it was crazy!! May be a problem with the patch though as I heard the scores have been higher lately.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 3

Love how these feel ... for first time maybe ever I feel that I'm actually playing with intelligent NBA players who are the best in the world. Can't say one way or another whether the CPU's great players still stand out (playing the Hawks so they don't have a bonafide superstar) but loving the AI.

That being said, way too many threes. Through one half alone the Hawks have attempted 37 shots. 20 have been three pointer (made 7). That's just a ridiculous ratio, albeit a very small sample size.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #22
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

OVR: 7

Min (me) 66 - 77 Hou

8 min quarters

Min - 27/63 43% FG
Min - 7/28 3FG
Min - 5/6 FT

Love was 1/10 from 3, missed several open excellent releases, that was probably the biggest issue I had was he missed too many open looks.

PIP 24/44

Hou - 30/56 54% FG
Hou - 7/16 3FG
Hou - 10/16 FT

I really liked the speed and way the players moved. It felt smoother than other settings. I was down as much as 16 and cut it to 4 late to basically blow up. Maybe I went to Love too much since he wasn't hitting his shots.

K.Martin played well had 20 on 9/17.
K.Love 13 5/18 FG, 1/10 3FG

I'm going to leave the settings and try a couple more games in myGM.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #23
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

Min(me) 73-58 Ind

Min
28/60 FG 47%
11/25 3FG 44%
6/8 FT 67%

Ind
25/63 FG 40%
1/12 3FG 8% (Granger)
7/7 FT

24/34 PIP

The game played very smooth and the player movement was again smooth. I continue to struggle with Kevin Love's shot apparently.

I am liking these sliders though.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

Den 88 - 68 Min (me)

Too angry to post everything in this one. Denver shot lights out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »