Home

Different Approach Seems to be Working

This is a discussion on Different Approach Seems to be Working within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Different Approach Seems to be Working

Min (me) 75 - 65 Dal

Dallas finished on an 18-7 run.

Min
30/60 FG 50%
11/26 3FG 42%
4/5 FT 50%

PIP 24

Dal
28/62 FG 45%
3/16 3FG 19%
6/9FT 67%

PIP 32

The game continues to flow well. I probably need to up it to 10 min quarters it more to get more realistic scoring, but the game is smooth and the animations make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3

Decided to use these sliders for my new Nets MyGM. Here are the stats from my first game. It was an amazing game. I won it on a jumper by Deron Williams with 1.2 seconds left.

While I was playing, it felt like too many shots were falling, but the percentages were actually not bad at all. My shooting percentage was really helped out by Brook Lopez, who went 12-14 and had a heck of a game.

The only thing I am a little questionable on is 3-point shooting. It might be a little high, but this is just the first game I used them. I'll keep it the same and see if it changes.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey All,

Just wanted to update people with where I'm at. Right now I'm really struggling with the new patch. I feel like guys aren't making enough contact with players who are attacking the rim, so layups are relatively uncontested. In general in this game, no ones putting a body on anyone. Very frustrating.

And as far as threes, I feel like too many are going up by the CPU. It seems like guys are closing out a bit late where they weren't before, and many times the shooter goes up even on a good close out anyway. This is pretty much a guaranteed miss by the CPU.

Also, the CPU isn't turning the ball over enough. This probably has to do with the fact that user team defenders aren't playing passing lanes at all. I really don't want to touch tendencies, but its starting to look like I might have to, particularly defensively.

Lastly, players seem to be making shots at a higher rate all over the floor, regardless of the player. I'm gonna continue making see adjustments.

Fyi, I always play 12 minute quarters.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #28
Pro

Yeah I just played another game, against the Heat this time. I lost 129-127 in double overtime. The shooting percentages were through the roof. Miami shot 60% from the floor and had like 84 points in the paint. They made almost every shot they took inside.

You're definitely right about the contact, nobody touched LeBron or Wade when they drove to the basket.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #29
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I play offline and I have not been connected to the internet since the PS4 release date. So I never downloaded the patch. With tat being said , these play really well . I play with a game speed of 40 and I like how natural and grounded the players feel. The only thing I need to adjust is my shooting %. I might up my 3 pointers by one or two points.

On another note it is hard to throw ally oops. It seems that either it's a strength issue or CPU defensive awareness is too high. I only say this because on multiple fast breaks Lebron was in the clear and it seemed he got bogged down near the defender and could not take off and make the jump to dunk it.

But I'm Afraid that any altercation to one of those sliders will alter the core gameplay witch plays very nice.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
Rookie

Yeah, was having fantastic fun with these sliders before patch #3 but now I get absolutely destroyed in the paint. The CPU seems to score with every single shot inside and players drive into the paint with ease.

Also, I'm finding my shooting is now incredibly poor with good shooters often missing wide open looks despite perfect timing. Playing Lakers @ Warriors now (I'm the Warriors) and losing 56-41 in the 2nd quarter alone with 44% shooting compared to their 66%, not to mention their 38 points in the paint. I've also only shot 15% from 3-point while they're shooting 80%, and that includes a lot of wide open looks with players like Curry and Thompson who really shouldn't be missing easy shots that often. Even worse was earlier when I was testing with the Heat and saw Lebron go 6-for-23, again missing easy wide open looks.

In my experience at least some tweaking is required.

Last edited by Electric Boogaloo; 12-24-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #31
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

I have a general question about all sliders for this game. I didnt want to make a new topic about it so hopefully someone can answer this. How many games would you say to plan before judging a slider set? How streaky are the players in the game? I have not played alot of NBA 2k over the years, so not sure how momentum works. Are you going to have bad games no matter what your slider set is? or is momentum etc not a big factor in this game

First game with these sliders(I use Rockets in GM) I beat the clippers by six, was a realistic game and good defense etc was played. My next game was vs. the raptors I lost by six, my D couldnt stop them. I have tried a few slider sets from here, and trying to modify them to work best for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #32
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I would play a home and away game against a good team and a bad team....and see how all of those feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »