Home

Let's Ball Baby SIM 10 minute Quarter Sliders (Back to the Basics PS4)

This is a discussion on Let's Ball Baby SIM 10 minute Quarter Sliders (Back to the Basics PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Let's Ball Baby SIM 10 minute Quarter Sliders (Back to the Basics PS4)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/yogi723
Let's Ball Baby As of 1/21/14 Sliders have been made to use with Turty11's rosters http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s4-roster.html The reason i like using OS made rosters because..2k Default rosters are not that good and tendencies edits are WAY better these rosters are real in depth and work will with the sliders Any OS made rosters are better than 2k default as they fix many tendencies problems so you can use ANY OS made rosters SkyC and truty11 are the two i have used if you want to use 2k default rosters set the first 7 tendencies ratings to 50

PLEASE READ NOTES BEFORE USING SLIDERS THEY WILL HELP

Welcome to my sliders…I have been using sliders and tweaking sliders for 2k for about 3 yrs and this is the first time I have tried to come up with my own set first I want to give thanks to JW's HOF sliders for helping me understand the boost effect at higher levels those are very hard challenging sliders and give them a try if thats what your looking for…. I have played around with these sliders a lot and are loving the feel for them now (as i did when i started lol but feel like these are close to final)

-better D rotation Trying to find the balance between Help D on the pick and roll and not allowing so many open threes. The Help D sliders is the ONE sliders that control this. I found if you leave it at 50 the help D for the pick n roll comes to fast and leaves shooters open for threes all day. So i put it to the extreme of 100 and that left the lane WAY to open after pick n rolls. So now i have came up with a setting that is a balance of the two.

12 minute Quarters I started these sliders as 10 minute quarters sliders because no matter what I did couldn't get scores down from the 120 point games. I have figured out how to lower scores while playing 12 minute qrts with lowering consistency and shooting sliders

GameSpeed This is what these sliders are based off of the main Constant of the set is the game speed tweaked a little bit but not much..game feels so sluggish to me on other settings

Awareness The other Constant these have not been change since I started these sliders many reason being that players IQ on default are about as good as 8th grade basketball logic…You will see pump fakes and extra passes smarter Defense of plays all because of two sliders

No more CPU unstoppable runs This I promise you can shun me if you feel other wise lol…Now CPU will go on runs be they will be able to stop

Steps to stopping CPU runs 1.Call TimeOuts- Now that Consistency is lower they help a lot more and don't wait untill they go on a 15 to 5 run call it….Soon as they score 6 or 8 points straight or when you Turn the ball over 2 or 3 possession in the row that lead to easy basketball call a TO…also while in timeout really use it! Change your Point of Emphasis look at your match ups gotta be a coach these sliders aren't made for easy use

2.Use your star player- Call a couple of plays for him use your go to scoring play get easy shots try to draw a foul get to the line with him (if he is a good FT shooter)

3. Play good Defense- Make them take tough shots trust me with these sliders they will not hit EVERYTHING if you have a hand close in their face make sure your not allowing Guards to drive to easy because if they kick it out to a good 3 pt shooter while the CPU is on a run its THREE GOGGLES

I NEED MORE FEEDBACK
The two people that have commented has help me Tremendously in improving these sliders….Now the sliders

Updated 1/21/14 All changes are updated after testing setting for 10 games before posting new settings Means still testing Black means set in stone for long term testing

Side note- Thanks for Erod findings I have being getting around the right % for FG and 3PT

Ver 4

Game Settings

Difficulty: SS
Game Speed: 70-73
(depends on how fast you want the game to play but you have too stay in that range...
personally i use 73 with the quickness and speed edits)
Quarter length: 12 Minutes
(i have only 1 game out of about 10 or 12 games in the 120's and that was rockets and warriors)
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Shooting Type: Shot Stick
FT Shooting Type: Shot Stick
Free Throw Difficulty:75 (use 80 if this becomes too easy remember the avg FT 75.3 so if your shooting way higher than that go to 80)
My Controller - Controller Settings
Contest: Intense D
Defensive Assist Strength:5 (so you can hold L2 and contest shots)

Offense (H/C)
Inside Shot Success: 43/40
Close Shot Success: 43/40
Mid-Range Success: 46/43
3PT Success: 46/45
Layup Success: 46/44
Dunk in Traffic Frequency: 75
Dunk in Traffic Success: 55
Pass Accuracy: 57/56
Alley-Oop Success: 52/50
Contact Shot Success: 43

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 85
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF: 60
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE: 70
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER: 55
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE: 60
Help Defense Strength: 65
Steal Success: 55/50

Attributes (H/C)
Quickness:35/31
(change the speed to compensate with the game speed helps with the high scoring games without compromising the quick dribbles fast passes and the "speed kills factor"
Vertical:45/43
Strength:100/30
Stamina:50
Speed:30/26
(see quickness)
Durability:50
Hustle:50/46
Ball Handling:65/57
(players were losing the ball too much on the dribble and on default 50 big man couldn't even dribble with losing the ball this fixed that)
Hands:15/5
Dunking Ability:48/41
On-Ball Defense:70/57
Stealing:27/20
Blocking:5
Offensive Awareness:90
Defensive Awareness:90
Offensive Rebounding:47/43
Defensive Rebounding:55/48
Consistency:36
Fatigue Rate:52

Tendencies (H/C)
The BIG CHANGE…the reason i put tendencies to 0 is because i want the roster tendencies edits show them self and they really do the players pull up for mid range jumpers now big man that play in the post get there touches only thing i am not seeing is the 3's even at 100 they still don't take that many league avg last yr were 20 a game so help with this will be amazing but all other tendencies at 0 have stop the every time there is the smallest chance to go to the basket they take it but now they pull up for the mid range

Take Inside Shots:50/0
Take Close Shots:50/0
Take Mid-Range Shots:50/0
Take 3Pt Shots:50/75
Still not getting enough threes from the cpu I NEED HELP WITH THIS lol
Post Shots:50/0
Attack the Basket:50/0
Look for Post Players:50/0
Throw Alley-Oops:40
Attempt Dunks:75
Attempt Putbacks:65
Play Passing Lanes:65
Go for On-Ball Steals:50
Contest Shots:75/50
Backdoor Cuts:63

Fouls (H/C)
Over the Back Foul Frequency:65
Charging Foul Frequency:75
Blocking Foul Frequency:65
Reaching Foul Frequency:75
Shooting Foul Frequency:85
Loose Ball Foul Frequency:65

Please try these out and give feedback Thank you

Last edited by KayOtic723; 01-26-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Re: Let's Ball Baby SIM 10 minute Quarter Sliders (Back to the Basics PS4)

Video of Gameplay and Me explaining Sliders uploading now will be done in about a couple of hours no later than 10 pm est *update* its taking longer than expected but its on the way

Last edited by KayOtic723; 12-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Reduce game speed you can have a box score around 100 points on 12 minutes quarters.
73 is too much higher.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abracadabra
Reduce game speed you can have a box score around 100 points on 12 minutes quarters.
73 is too much higher.
I have played with game speed on 45 50 55 and 60 all had around high 100 games i don't mind having an 124-120 game ever now and then but just to many of them on 12 minutes no matter the game speed
Old 12-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

After looking at the data at http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx I've have found out that at the rim shots are taking more than any other shot than 3 point shots are taking 2nd most and deep mid range 3rd so I have made Tendencies changes to effect that 3-9 foot range which is close shot tendencies taking the less out of all shots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Rookie

erod550's Arena

OVR: 2

I like these so far. I don't know if it was because of it being on Superstar or what but the CPU's hands were waaaay to active. The Kings had 19 steals on me. I couldn't even pass it around the horn without someone getting that hand out there and poking it loose, and we all know who wins loose ball battles in this game. So I've turned CPU hands down to 0 and steals down to 20 and also CPU blocks down to 10 because there were just too many blocks happening where they'd leap from 10 feet away and block what should have been a wide open jumper.

I also turned down all the CPU shooting sliders one notch too (mid-range down 2) because they were shooting 57%+ against me just like every other slider set I've tried. Now they're shooting right around 50% and in the 30-40% range from 3 instead of 40-50% from 3 and 55-60% overall. I also turned the fatigue rate down to 46 because at 54 in a back to back I was having my entire team be in the 60s for energy barely over halfway through the first quarter. That's too extreme imo.

These are just my own findings, not saying everyone needs to make the same changes. But the base set gave me a good starting point and I've had a good mix of low scoring and high scoring games with a 93-94, 94-100, 112-115, and 101-89 so far.

Last edited by erod550; 12-24-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking forward to the video of these sliders
Old 12-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

Photos of the BoxScore and Shot chart from the game in the video on the first post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (247.5 KB, 1248 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (161.0 KB, 1239 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »