Home

Red Bull's All-Star "Player Lock" slider set

This is a discussion on Red Bull's All-Star "Player Lock" slider set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Red Bull's All-Star "Player Lock" slider set

Before I begin, I would like to preface this by saying this set is mainly for users who player lock, meaning they control one position on a team in NBA 2K, similar to My Career, but with real NBA players.

This set should mainly be used for those who player lock and not others because the modifications in this set can and will make your team over powered, unless you play on HOF mode

What makes a player locked slider set different from a normal slider set?

The main difference comes in the "Awarness" Sliders. In order to play with players who know what they are doing on defense, and who can run and create offense for themselves, you need to increase the sliders for each.

Player locked users normally have the disadvantage of having to literally play like superman just for their team to win games, because their teammates dont do enough, but with the awarness slider setting,you can comfortably rely on your teammates to help you win games. and at times, you can even take a back seat to some of these guys.

I have been playing player locked since the days of NBA live, and have also been fortunate to have won multiple titles with teams in the 2k series on HOF mode, by aligning myself with star players, or even players that just complement my game. However in 2k14, the cpu just seems to be too overpowered on HOF mode, that I decided to modify the Allstar set to deliver a brand of basketball that I feel comes very close to real life numbers.

With the awareness setting bumped up and playerlocked, you can experience what it is like to truly be on a team, and having to trust in your teammates

What does your slider set offer?

My sliders come with a guarantee that if you use 12 minute quarters, you will consistantly see scores in the low 100s, low 90s to high 90s and occasional games in the 110s (against western conference opponents mainly).

You will see accurate rebound numbers between 38 to about 45 per game for your team and opponents (depending on the personnel of your team and your opponent), block numbers around 7 per game (again, depending on personnel) and steal numbers of around 8+ (depending on personnel)

So lets begin

BASE DIFFICULTY: Allstar

USER/CPU

Offensive: Beginning with inside shot success and ending with contact shot success

42/42
42/42
48/48
47/47
50/50
55/55
50/50
50/50
50/48

Defensive

85/85
100/100
70/70
65/65
65/65
55/55
50/50
50/50

Attributes:

45/45
50/50
50/50
55/55
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50
50/50

Onball defense: 70/65

stealing: 50/50

blocking 50/50

offensive awarness 70/50
Defensive Awarness: 75/75

the only other changes beyond this point are to:

fatigue rate: 48/48

and

Contest Shots 75/75

you may also tune down the cpu " play passing lanes, and go for on ball steals" tendencies, if you feel they are too high

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread, hope these work for anyone who uses them

so far, the only issues im having is getting down the user and cpu shooting percentages because they are way to high, at around 52 and above 56 for the user, but atleast on the user end, has to do mainly with personnel, and shot selection

*also, stamina and fatigue rate were altered to allow you to play your bigs for about 30 mpg minimum (if they have at least 80 stamina). I have found that without this , bigs get to tired due to all the contact in the paint, as well as the bruiser signature skill that certain players have

this setting will also allow guards with above 85 to hit around 32-35 without issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Red Bull's All-Star "Player Lock" slider set

These sliders are still a work in progress, so lets work together to get these better. Im currently experimenting with ways to lower the cpu and user fg%, my target is about 46% for the cpu, and close to that with user, depending on the player you lock, and the team you play with

im figuring that i need to lower mid range, 3pt and possibly contact shot success about 2-3 points each, but im not sure yet, so this is a work in progress
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

videogameprojr's Arena

Are these slider good for MyCareer too?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by videogameprojr
Are these slider good for MyCareer too?
I have not opened the my career mode as yet so I have no idea if you can even edit the sliders, but if so, this should work just fine
Old 01-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Banned

Attempting to lower the fg% by lowering some sliders, but still not getting the results I need

The score is where I like it, for 12 minute quarters, but the fg is just too high
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Banned

As promised, low scores, but again, high fg%

Edit:

Just crushed LA, got the to shoot a low percentage, but my team exploded for 64% fg and demolished them on the glass

Last edited by RED BULL; 01-02-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, thanks for these. I was getting really bored with the gameplay and these are a nice alternative. I will make a few tweaks to my liking and then start a my GM mode.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
Hey, thanks for these. I was getting really bored with the gameplay and these are a nice alternative. I will make a few tweaks to my liking and then start a my GM mode.
Great. I'm beginning to see the results I want, if you lower game speed to about 47,and follow the rest of my sliders, and make defensive awareness for both 80,you should see some more realistic percentages

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »