Home

Fouls Slider Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Fouls Slider Suggestions? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #33
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fouls Slider Suggestions?

Well I tried to run with Kayotics, and just wasn't feeling them at all. It just didn't feel right, and the movement, etc.. is awful. Not to mention the insane amounts of easy missed shots, layups, and the CPU nailing 3's all day, while shooting 58% overall. So.... It's back to default ALL PRO, with the small tweaks I made originally, and going from there. I should have never swayed away from that. I'd suggest the same to you. Although I do appreciate the work Kayotic and the others put in.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 03-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #34
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Well I tried to run with Kayotics, and just wasn't feeling them at all. It just didn't feel right, and the movement, etc.. is awful. Not to mention the insane amounts of easy missed shots, layups, and the CPU nailing 3's all day, while shooting 58% overall. So.... It's back to default ALL PRO, with the small tweaks I made originally, and going from there. I should have never swayed away from that. I'd suggest the same to you. Although I do appreciate the work Kayotic and the others put in.
I'm too good for Default Pro. Played 50 games. Tracked all my stats and I was sadly just too good. And I mean it when I say sadly because I hate messing around.

I'm pretty much playing Default All-Star (Sim) now. I just lowered shot success, blocks and steals a bit; while boosting fouls.

Like I said earlier, I hate sliders. Kayotic seems willing to touch all slider categories to balance the stats which I respect. I just don't generally like that kind of approach (I'm not speaking directly to his set by the way. I haven't tried them because I can't use Cam's rosters. I'm just speaking of that kind of slidering in general).
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #35
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I'm too good for Default Pro. Played 50 games. Tracked all my stats and I was sadly just too good. And I mean it when I say sadly because I hate messing around.

I'm pretty much playing Default All-Star (Sim) now. I just lowered shot success, blocks and steals a bit; while boosting fouls.

Like I said earlier, I hate sliders. Kayotic seems willing to touch all slider categories to balance the stats which I respect. I just don't generally like that kind of approach (I'm not speaking directly to his set by the way. I haven't tried them because I can't use Cam's rosters. I'm just speaking of that kind of slidering in general).

Yeah that's what I meant. ALL STAR...Didn't mean Pro. I was thinking Madden..lol And I know what you mean. I hate dealing with sliders now too. Don't get me wrong...I'm not bashing Kayotic's sliders, I just didn't like the way the player movement feels all bogged down, and stuck in animations. I almost had it nailed using default with steals lowered, fouls upped, and a few minor adjustments to get shooting right. I wish I wouldn't have gotten into the slider hype, or I probably would have had it by now, and I don't remember exactly where I was at on them. But it should be no problem getting them to play that way again. In all honesty from what I've played, it really plays pretty darn good straight out of the box, with the exception of a couple areas.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #36
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Two more games, and again around 40 total human free throws.

Things are looking excellent statistically, with the exception of Human rebounds. But I'm deciding to test as Miami so their POE is always set to Run in Transition and Pick and Roll Offense. And it shows.

But in real life, they are BY FAR the worst rebounding team in basketball so honestly it's pretty incredible how 2K nailed their playstyle.

I'm actually liking playing with MIA so much that I think this will become a "real" MyGM for me. They're so up tempo and fun to play with.

Anyway, back to fouls. I think the reason I'm getting to the line so much with them is because of their POE's aggressive nature. I'm averaging over 20 attempts per game right now (which I'm still cautious about) and I've never seen anything like it with this game.

I think MIA is just foul prone in 2K.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:55 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

specific defensive slider adjustments please.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

I play using NBA 2K11 sliders, so here are my foul sliders. I prefer low scoring defensive games.

Over The Back 58
Blocking 70
Charging 70
Reach In 70
Shooting 55
Loose Ball 50

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »